Proper Hydration and Exercise-Induced GH response.

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Boys...........another reason to take your hydration seriously.
Drink Up.......PEOPLE !

From Pubmed

Effect of hydration on exercise-induced growth hormone response.

Peyreigne C, Bouix D, Fedou C, Mercier J.

Departement de Physiologie, Laboratoire de Physiologie des Interactions, UPRES EA 701, Institut de Biologie, Faculte de Medecine, Boulevard Henri IV 34060 Montpellier, France. [email protected]

DESIGN: Growth hormone (GH) has demonstrated water-retaining effects in subjects at rest, whereas other research has indicated that GH may stimulate sweating. Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the effect of fluid intake on the exercise-induced GH response. METHODS: Seven healthy male volunteers (age: 27.4+/-1.3 years, weight: 74.5+/-1.1 kg, height: 179.3+/-2.3 cm) performed a 40-min submaximal rectangular cycling exercise in two different sessions. The first session (Session 1) was performed without water intake, and the second (Session 2) involved the ingestion of spring water (four intakes) corresponding to the volume of water lost during the first session. RESULTS: In session 1, the water loss was 568+/-32 ml. In Session 2, the volume of water loss was not significantly different from the volume of fluid intake (524+/-16 versus 568+/-32 ml respectively). The decrease in plasma volume was significantly reduced in Session 2 (-6.69+/-1.59% versus -11.3+/-1.89%; P<0.05). In Session 1, the GH concentration was significantly lower than that during Session 2 after 25 min (3.04+/-1.05 versus 5.26+/-1.81; P<0.05) and after 40 min (13.7+/-3.55 versus 17.60+/-4.14 ng/ml; P<0.05) of exercise. The total GH response was significantly lower in Session 1 than in Session 2 (136.6+/-39.2 versus 202.4+/-58.9 ng/ml x min; P<0.05). CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that the exercise-induced GH response decreases when exercise is performed without fluid intake.

PMID: 11581003 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Death to the dehydrated......:saw:
LOL
........or does it mean that they are destined to stay small ?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Again another reason I feel guilty, lol :D

Actually I'm at around 1.5 gallons a day, but with me that feels like nothing sometimes. Good post :)

Rhapsody

Awards
Can I ask a stupid question?

Are you saying you should hydrate your body ALL day especially during exercise if on GH???

Instead of splitting up my dose I take the whole 2 IUS at bedtime..........so exercise doens't come until the following day.........

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Rhap,

I don't think what your asking about is what was meant to be shown by this study.

In Session 1, the GH concentration was significantly lower than that during Session 2 after 25 min (3.04+/-1.05 versus 5.26+/-1.81; P<0.05) and after 40 min (13.7+/-3.55 versus 17.60+/-4.14 ng/ml; P<0.05) of exercise. The total GH response was significantly lower in Session 1 than in Session 2
This was measuring exercised induced GH, not the loss of GH after GH supplementation.

Hydration during exercise will help to produce a greater amount of GH as a result of exercise.

PEACE

Rhapsody

Awards
okay........gotcha.

I was thinking of supplementation. (cause I love GH...LOL)

Thanks. :)

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Boys...........another reason to take your hydration seriously.
Drink Up.......PEOPLE !

From Pubmed

Death to the dehydrated......:saw:
LOL
........or does it mean that they are destined to stay small ?
The Hydration KING...POSEIDON :box:

Great post ;-)

Workin