Recomp Plan - What do ya think?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I plan on attempting a recomp this winter, and I'd like to hear what you guys think about my proposed idea.

I'll be doing this assisted and you can read about that here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/55787-back-game-pp.html

Diet:

I plan on consuming most of my calories in the morning around my workout. This is for two reasons. One is that hopefully I can induce some positive anabolism from my workouts, and that Two, it leaves the evenings for me to not be in the kitchen all night. I work nights also, and cannot work well with a heavy stomach.

Breakfast:
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
cup oatmeal
cup skim milk
Maybe: Fresh OJ

Workout:
40g Supercarb and BCAAs

Post WO:
40g Whey Isolate
20g Supercarb

Post WO Meal (30mins after)
Varies.
50-100g lean meat
veggies
Some type of starchy carb, around 50g.

2-3 Times in the evening:

1cup oatmeal
1cup skim milk
20g Casein

Prebed:
1 cup Cottage Cheese

Overall I'll be eating 500-1000kcals under maintainance, and I'll shoot for 500kcals over maintainance on Sundays (gotta love football and food :hot: ).

Anything I should alter, something I'm leaving out? It's been awhile so let me know.

Thanks

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
I'd push out the saturated fat consumption (2 whole eggs) further in the day away from your workout. Also, I don't see any type of fish in your diet so you'll need to be supplementing with some form of EFAs. Personally, I'd take fish or flax oil with your cottage cheese at bedtime. This should also assist in slowing the digestion and absorption longer into the night. I'm assuming that you're using fat-free cottage cheese for that meal. Finally, I'd work in more varied types of protein -skinless chicken breasts, more egg whites and, especially, fish.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd push out the saturated fat consumption (2 whole eggs) further in the day away from your workout. Also, I don't see any type of fish in your diet so you'll need to be supplementing with some form of EFAs. Personally, I'd take fish or flax oil with your cottage cheese at bedtime. This should also assist in slowing the digestion and absorption longer into the night. I'm assuming that you're using fat-free cottage cheese for that meal. Finally, I'd work in more varied types of protein -skinless chicken breasts, more egg whites and, especially, fish.
I also think that you should try to integrate more whole foods into your diet. I can understand a few of those for convience purposes, but the more amino acid profiles you consume the better your results will be especially with the PP/TST causing some serious nutrient repartitioning.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take all the normal BBing supps including Fish oil (3 grams x2ed). I didn't mention, which i should have, that the evening meal also has a tablespoon of flax.

What do you suggest for whole food, though? I'm really only using the 20g of casein for a few small night meals, and the rest of the diet is whole foods. I'd love to do something more creative around dinner time but like I said it has to be something I can go and mix up quick. This leaves cooking meat out of the question.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe a chicken or tuna wrap or pita. Hell any strips of meat inside of a pita or whole grain tortilla.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
How long does it take to crack four or five egg whites into a bowl, slice or grate some non-fat parmesan cheese on top, throw in the microwave and slice/toast half of a whole wheat bagel?

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Firstly, is SuperCarb the bomb or what? It might as well be crack the way I fiend on it.

Secondly, I think the carbs might be a little too high over all. By the looks of things you are having several cups of Oats daily. I'd suggest cycling the CHO intake according to your workout scheduale. No carbs on off days is a great way to recomp.