Best Cardio on Treadmil just to burn fat?

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.35%

Best Cardio on Treadmil just to burn fat?

ya im gonna start doing light cardio saturday morning and sunday morning on my off days from lifting to help lose just fat so what is the best pace? and length of time for this?...thinking about getting some REdline to help along with this or some Lipoderm Ultra/Cap stack

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Just stay within your target heart rate. For me, this is 4.5 pmh with no incline. Good luck getting rid of the fat East, the Redline will have you jacked for your workouts bro.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Just stay within your target heart rate. For me, this is 4.5 pmh with no incline. Good luck getting rid of the fat East, the Redline will have you jacked for your workouts bro.
    alright thnxs for like what 30-45 mins? how do u find your target heart rate? i guess if u go too much u burn carbs and break down muscles?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%

Quote Originally Posted by East1600Plus
    alright thnxs for like what 30-45 mins? how do u find your target heart rate? i guess if u go too much u burn carbs and break down muscles?
    More or less 130 beats per minute. I personally do 45 minutes since it's not very intense and it yields good results for me. If you're wasting too much muslce during a cut then gently increase your calories/protein intake.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    More or less 130 beats per minute. I personally do 45 minutes since it's not very intense and it yields good results for me. If you're wasting too much muslce during a cut then gently increase your calories/protein intake.
    im not cutting, putting on mass just want to lose some fat along with putting on lean mass
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Depends on who you listen to...My personal philosophy is that the best cardio is the one you'll do on a consistant basis. I know this doesn't apply to you, but most people who ask questions like that are usually looking to drop a bunch of fat. Consistancy is the key IMO...
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%

Quote Originally Posted by East1600Plus
    im not cutting, putting on mass just want to lose some fat along with putting on lean mass
    I'd do 30 minutes, 4 times a week if that's the case. This is coming from an endomorph so take it with a grain of salt.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.37%

30 Minutes, 4 times a week should work well for you. Anything less than 3 times a week though, and you're going to have a heard time losing weight. The key is to fine something that you enjoy doing so that you'll keep doing it.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.67%

Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson
    Depends on who you listen to...My personal philosophy is that the best cardio is the one you'll do on a consistant basis. I know this doesn't apply to you, but most people who ask questions like that are usually looking to drop a bunch of fat. Consistancy is the key IMO...
    This is excellent advice. The idea is to get thos cals BURNED. The way you go about that is strictly a personal matter. I've always said that those who are short on time & patience should crank up the intensity. Others don't have that option due to orthopedic/cardiac issues or just plain personal preference. Find you own groove, because there's no "best way" when it comes to cardio. I like the do-as-little-as-humanly-possible approach to cardio myself.

And another thing, caring about how much fat you burn during cardio makes as much sense as caring about how much muscle you build during weight training
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.8%

Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon

And another thing, caring about how much fat you burn during cardio makes as much sense as caring about how much muscle you build during weight training

i don't understand, plz explain.... i was thinkin that when your in the gym, you tear muscle fibers and then they grow back bigger and stronger outta the gym... so are you saying you shouldn't or should worry about how much fat you burn during cardio? i just look at cals burnt...
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.67%

Quote Originally Posted by freakboy
    .. so are you saying you shouldn't or should worry about how much fat you burn during cardio? i just look at cals burnt...
    Yup, zactly.
  12. Avant Research Guru
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.34%

Quote Originally Posted by freakboy
    so are you saying you shouldn't or should worry about how much fat you burn during cardio? i just look at cals burnt...
    And sometimes its not even about # of cals burned DURING work, but afterwards such as during HIIT's and sprints. The assualt you perform on your body during the workout (in terms of overall Energy expenditure) will pale in comparison to the energy your body uses during recovery.

The efforts of other in this thread were attempt to illustrate the paramount importance of energy balance when cutting. Just burn more than you eat and you'll cut up.

Regarding the 'best' type of cardio - whoever stated it is the type you'll stick with (or enjoy doing) you are an f'in genius. I've always been all about unconvensional cardio. I juggle a soccer ball solo, play hockey, skip, do circuit training with weights and some skipping. Beating your brains out on a treadmill is a good way to turn you off endurance work.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.29%

You might want to mix in some intervals - burn more total calories in a shorter duration as well as provide a shock to your body. In my opinion, it is best to mix the interval sessions with the 30-45 min moderate sessions. A typical week could be:
    Day 1, 3: 15 min, intervals, gauntlet
    Day 2, 4: 30-45 min, low-moderate, treadmill

The Redline will definitly get you going, but watch out for the chills the first few days. Especially on an empty stomach.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best supp to burn fat AND maintain/build muscle
    By molotov in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 11:26 PM
  3. 7 Ways To Burn Fat Faster
    By jjohn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 01:03 PM
  4. Replies: 3