50lbs in 4 months: Plateau

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
- Diet: Avoiding sugar/sweets + fried foods. Low carb. Increased h20 intake.

- Cardio: 30min-1hr/ 4-5 days a week

- Weight Lifting: Light 30min/ 2 days per week

- Supplements: I was recommended Jet Fuel. And now I'm on Venom HD.

I lost 40-50lbs in about 4 months (from 290lbs to 240lbs). But I've noticed that I am not going lower than 240lbs even with increased workouts. I use to have results every week (either weight or visual). But as of late I am not noticing any changes.

I've been reading up on Lipoderm Ultra. And I am very eager to use it on my chest/waist/obliq. More of an esteem booster for visual results. ^-^

My question is...

- Do I target (workout) the areas I apply the Lipoderm Ultra on?

And

- How do I move beyond my wieght loss plateau?

I can't restrict my diet any further. =( And I don't want to take too many supplements.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
How many cals you eating...whats the breakdown? When are you eating the carbs you do eat? Height? Age?

The one general piece of advice I can give you is to up the lifting. Start lifting heavier weights, and add one day a week...even if it means doing less cardio. Look into doing a 3-day split. That should help definately...I wouldn't bother with Lipoderm unless your BF is fairly low.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Yup we need more info about your diet n such, get your bodyfat tested as well that will help ALOT. Look into Nutrex's Lipo 6, Thermolife's Dicana, USP labs Camphibolic, ALRI's Tri-lean system, and Clenbuterol.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
At that weight I would stay away from any trans-d type of fat loss products. If you have reached a plateu then it's time to change your diet some.

maxxdout

Awards
When you're trying to lose weight, the first 10 to 15% generally comes off fairly easy. After that though, your body locks up because it is going into "starvation mode". At that point you really have to turn up the juice to continue your weight loss. You need to probably cut a few hundred more calories per day and/or add in an extra 15 to 20 minutes of cardio. You could also increase your lifting schedule to 4 days and that would help too.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't cut calories until you know what it is you're taking in on a daily basis. If you cut them too low you'll burn precious muscle while your body holds on to the fat.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for all the replies!

Sorry for the late response.....

Height: 6ft

Body Fat: It was 33% when I first started in August 2006. I will have to re-check it.

Daily Calorie Intake: Less than 1500

After work-outs I try to drink a protien shake + varsity II. For the most part I do (more like 70% of the time).

Before I started my program my metabolism was all skewed because I would only eat once or twice a day (huge lunch/dinner). Now I eat about 4 times a day, but it is really hard for me. I think its the hoodia in my Venom HD.

Is there a meal replacement bar, I can eat 4 times a day w/o weight gain? I could probably do a bar for breakfast + snack + lunch + snack then eat something real for dinner.

Thank you for all your help guys/gals.

gymrat81

Awards
You should definitely make some progress at 1,500 calories. It is absolutely impossible to do anything but lose weight on 1,500 calories unless you never get out of bed.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Thank you for all the replies!

Sorry for the late response.....

Height: 6ft

Body Fat: It was 33% when I first started in August 2006. I will have to re-check it.

Daily Calorie Intake: Less than 1500

After work-outs I try to drink a protien shake + varsity II. For the most part I do (more like 70% of the time).

Before I started my program my metabolism was all skewed because I would only eat once or twice a day (huge lunch/dinner). Now I eat about 4 times a day, but it is really hard for me. I think its the hoodia in my Venom HD.

Is there a meal replacement bar, I can eat 4 times a day w/o weight gain? I could probably do a bar for breakfast + snack + lunch + snack then eat something real for dinner.

Thank you for all your help guys/gals.

then again...you may have constantly been having so low calories at your current body stats that caused your body to go into starvation mode...maybe you should up it back to maintenance for a week to get your body metabolism to go back up and then go into a cals deficit again...starting at 500 cals..don't go too low and end up having your metabolism drop..

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Due to the uncontrollable increase in Calorie Intake during the Thanksgiving Weekend my daily calorie intake was increased for 4 days.

I noticed that I did gain about 5lbs but I started to look leaner (if you believe that). I'm guessing I gained a little muscle and lost some fat. By this observation I will try increasing my DCI (daily calorie intake) by 500, making it 2000 per day.

I am also looking for some advice on meal replacement bars that I can take more than 3 times a day w/o penalty. I'm thinking sugar may be a factor.

Thanks for any advice.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1500 calories isn't enough bro. As much as it might not make sense you can and will lose more fat upping your calories in the long run. Short time you may gain while your body and metabolism gets used to it but right now you're setting yourself up for failure.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
I find it very hard to eat 6 meals a day. With the Hoodia in most fat burners and the time+money it makes it hard.

Like I said, I will try to bump it to 2000 cal per day. I think 500 increments is safe...?

Edited:

I found this in a Lindberg Nutrition catalog...

Take the Weight Loss Challenge!

Here's the simple plan to lose fat

First, determine the calories you need to maintain weight (about 15 calories x ideal weight). Then consume 800-1,000 less than your maintenance calories. Doing this, you'll lose about 1-2 pounds a week. exercise 30min a day, alternating between cardio and weight training.

Breakfast: Drink one single shake.

Mid-morning Snack: Eat one protein bar. The doctor's CarbRite Bar by Universal is an excellent choice. It's made with 21 grams of protein and has only 2.5 grams of net impact carbs.

Lunch: Eat 4 ounces of chicken breast or fish plus one slice of while wheat bread.

Afternoon Snack: Eat one protein bar.

Dinner: Large salad with veggies, 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar.

Mid-evening Snack: Drink a smaller version of the breakfast shake using only protein powders.
This sounds like something I can do, but substitue the dinner with a "Real Dinner" instead of just a salad.

ZoMbSta

Awards
I find it very hard to eat 6 meals a day. With the Hoodia in most fat burners and the time+money it makes it hard.

Like I said, I will try to bump it to 2000 cal per day. I think 500 increments is safe...?

Edited:

I found this in a Lindberg Nutrition catalog...

This sounds like something I can do, but substitue the dinner with a "Real Dinner" instead of just a salad.

u can try having 2000cals a day for a week and a assess whether you are gaining fats or losing fats...i think its pretty easy to tell since the difference is quite visible..if you are gaining fats...drop ur cals by 200 the next week..and keep dropping until u see that you are not gaining or losing weight..that is ur maintenance..the rest i think you can figure on how much to decrease...

and that meal plan is definitely not the way to go...lookin at the high protein intake and almost nothing else...u will lose more jus fats...ur body will eat away muscles too...cuz it will convert the protein to glucose to feed ur body..think u need more than that..