Critique my mini-recomp/cut

Beebs

Awards
I'm in desperate need to shed some body fat since I've been bulking for a while. I'm 5'9" 173 with around 18-19% estimated body fat and a waste size of 34". I carry most of my fat in my abs, handles, thighs, ass, and chest. I'm attempting to use "Twin Peaks" lifestyle carb cyclying diet.

My split will be

Monday:Low carbs
Tuesday:High carbs/Push workout
Wednesday:Low carbs/1 hour low intensity cardio
Thursday:Medium carbs/Pull workout
Friday:Low carbs
Saturday:High carbs with a beer or two
Sunday:Medium carbs/1 hour low intensity cardio

Now, to furthur explain what is meant by high carb, medium carb, and low carb, let me show you my diet.

High carb 5 meals, each with atleast 35 grams of protein. 4 lean sources, one fatty source. 3 meals will have as much carbs as I like. Small fruit serving with each carb meal. Two meals with full vegetable serving.

Total Calories:2713
Fat:63
Carb:307
Protein:238

Medium carb 5 meals, each with atleast 35 grams of protein. 4 lean sources, one fatty source. 2 meals have 80 grams of carbs. Small fruit serving with each carb meal. Two meals with full vegetable serving.

Total Calories:2322
Fat:62
Carbs:170
Protein:262

Low carb 5 meals, each with atleast 35 grams of protein. 4 lean sources, one fatty source. No extra carbs other than fibrous veggies and trace carbs.

Total Calories:1811
Fat:67
Carbs:43
Protein:258

Overall Averages

Total Calories:2215
Fat:64
Carbs:155
Protein:254

I'm hoping to lose around 1 lb a week while losing minimal strength.

ED Supplements:
2.5g Fish oil
2 Servings Sesathin
3g CEE
Multivitamin

After a week I'm going to add in:
cAMPHIBOLIC
Powerfull
Xtend
Melting Point
Stims when/if needed on low carb days

I'm getting a lot of carbs from whole wheat, beans, granola, and 1% milk. Tell me what you guys thing of my plan.
Thanks

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Sounds like it follows everything in the guidelines for a good carb cycling program. All that crap never worked for me in the long run. I got down to 5.8% bodyfat @ 6 feet tall, 175 lbs and kept it for a little bit... popping supps like phenogen and anti-estrogens (proviron) to repartition and stims to stay alert and not zone off... but, was back to where I was in a couple months from my rebound of the supps and rebound of the severe training stress I put on my body.
Your program looks cool, maybe throw in a good recomp product like rebound reloaded or restore... or E-Form.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Looks the low carb days should be NO carb days. you will get bettwe results if you replace your Low carb days CHO sources with green veggies.

Beebs

Awards
Thanks. I'm really trying to elimate as much carbs as possible on low carb day, but they seem to sneak in with some foods like the veggies and even some in my egg beaters and cheeses. I am at ~35 carbs on Mon. and today after readjusting my carbs.

Here's a look at no carb day:

Breakfast:
3 eggs
3/4 cup egg beater
1/8 cup 2% cheese
1 scoop GF Pro
Fish Oil
Raw Broccoli
550 cal 26/7/67

Mid-morning:
2 scoops ON whey
1 Mozzarella Stick
Raw Broccoli
318 cal 7/7/56

Lunch:
Tomato Basil Tortilla
4 oz Chicken
1/8 cup 2% cheese
1 scoop GF Pro
Fish Oil
Raw Broccoli
493 cal 21/7/66

Afternoon:
2 scoops ON whey
1 Mozzarella Stick
Raw Broccoli
318 cal 7/7/56

Dinner:
Pork Center Chop (Lean + Boneless)
Salad
1 Tablespoon Fat Free Ranch
1/8 cup Cheese
283 cal 14/6/32

~ 1900 cals 75/34/277 (36%/7%/57%)

Suggestions? I'm thinking maybe I need more whole food and less shakes. Maybe less cheese? I don't know. This is my first time doing a real sliming diet much less carb cycling. Thank you both for your help!

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I'll support less cheese, for sure. You could throw in a variety of fat sources in its place. I use almonds, SesaLean and peanut butter (with Fish Oil and Lecithin capsules).

When it comes to cutting managing your insulin levels are key so I would suggest whole food meals over liquid, but ultimately its a lifestyle choice. Some people just don't have the time to prepare all their meals.

Beebs

Awards
Should I supplement with extra fiber or just eat even more veggies? I had some problems today.

Beebs

Awards
I'm already drying out and have lost ~ 3 lbs and 1 inch off the waist in 5 days. It seems like mostly water. I haven't started any supplements other than sesathin.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I'm already drying out and have lost ~ 3 lbs and 1 inch off the waist in 5 days. It seems like mostly water. I haven't started any supplements other than sesathin.
Good diet + sesaThin is always a great recipe for success.

Regarding the gastrointestinal irregularity - more fiber is the key. It will be dually beneficial to up the green veggie intake ;).

Beebs

Awards
Twin Peaks is a genious. I got to enjoy my Saturday and not feel guilty while still sticking to my diet. I even got to drink a few beers and eat 1 cheet meal (hots wings 1 lb and a half a pitcher). It actually seemed to inflate my muscles a little bit, and there has been no damage to report. Now that I am mentally back on track, I'm looking foward to the next week and possible 2 lbs of fat loss.

Beebs

Awards
Update: I'm still losing while not suffering. This weekend I went camping and filled up with brats, jambalaya, bbq, beans, cake, pizza, and whatever else, and I'm still down 2 lbs from last week. I just have to stick to the no carbs on MWF and low carbs on Th and Sun. Tuesday and Saturday are more or less cheatish days where I kick back and relax. I cheat with adding in more fat, but I do avoid sugar and try and go for the healthiest cheat (ie, bbq turkey as opposed to the ribs). I have lost some strength and energy while working out though, but this was expected. I am now running cAMPHIBOLIC, CEE, Sesathin, XTEND, and MP. I'm happily watching my waste shrink and my abs come out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Nutrition / Health 14