need helpful advice,plz

lplionheart

Awards
o.k i'm 5"10 70.6kg or 155lbs, male
15% bodyfat( when i last got checked was 2 months ago)
my main problems are i have some fat on my back, but and love handles, and i'm really cardo fit and have a six pack coming thorugh, but look quite unfit beacuse my back and but are quite big,
i lost quite abit of weight last year on a low calorie diet and recently tried it agian to lose this but lost nothing in that month, then i asked someone and they told me to increase my calories cause i wasn't eating enough to burn, it wasn't the exercise cause i do 40min HI training 6 days a week, and tried that and lost nothing, so they told me eat more so i can gain muscle and lose weight like that, ive been lifting for a year but was trying to lose lose weight instead of gaining muscle, so would muscle building make me look more fit because somehow i can't lose any weight,
this is my base plan before i decide to take or ad calories to depend on what i should do.
Exersise: mon: shoulders and arms: 10min warmup cardio
tues: 20 min HIIT bike, 20min HI x trainer, abs
weds: back and chest:-10min warmup cardio
thurs: 20 min HIIT bike, 20min HI x trainer, abs
Fri: legs:- 20 min HIIT 10min warmup cardio
sat: 20 min HIIT bike, 20min HI x trainer, abs

eating:breakfast: all bran with low fat milk, 2 piece of toast (Wholemeal), banana
Snack: 100% whey protein shake with low fat milk and with liquid carnitine (got advised to buy these cause they help with fat loss so i bought them)
lunch: 2 sandwhiches (wholemeal with jam or ham depending what i feel like)
and low fat yogurt
Snack: 100% whey protein shake with low fat milk with liquid carnitine, apple or orange
Dinner: chicken fillets,chicken bacon and protein shake with low fat milk.
lettuce, carrots, spinach
total:
calories:1744
Fat:26g
carbs:183g
protein:175g
any ideas, id like to be alot muscley but would like my body to look in proper shape and in good health.
i can write out my lifting plan as well if needed
i was doing weights and cardio 6 days a week but havn't this week cause i wanted to make a chang as i wasn't losing anything. i drin 3l of water daily, should i increase or decrease my diet and exercise

lplionheart

Awards
i have decided to lower my cals to 1550, should i continue to do my 6 day High intensity cardio 40min burning 800cal a day and 3 days of weight training, or change?

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
Huh I've been battling as I haven't really been making any weight loss progress in about a month now. i'm 5'9 195 20% bf. It doesn' t look like your taking in any green tea or caffeine. I would try to mix up your cardio session, shock your body a little bit and do things you wouldn't normally do. Also I would recommend Burn3d and maybe some sesamin to help with fat loss.

Also I dont' think you need whey unless it's right after a workout. You could have slowed down your metabolism by not eating enough. I would take the week off do a couple carb loads and get back at it and try to do low intensity cardio with little in ur stomach, and also try to up ur reps and make it more circuit training if that's not what your doing.

Gl Read through my thread on best ways of losing weight has some basics. It looks like ur diet is pretty online, I would cut the bacon and the high glycemics. I don't know what 3 liters are .. but i think it's 4 to one gallon or soemthign so U need to drink around 2 gallons a day I would say.

I"m tired but i'll look again if i think of anything.

Gl, change thigns up.

lplionheart

Awards
does low intensity cardio burn more fat than high intensity?,
i'll change the bacon when i run out to something such as fish, i'm planing on doing 6 sessions a week, how many calories should i be burning, and high intensity or low intensity. i'm taking the whey so i don't lose any muscle and it supposed to help with weight loss, as well as i'm taking liquid l carnitine because it supposed to help fat cells go towards the mitochondria to be burnt,

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First, make up your mind, do you want to lose weight or gain muscle?
Gaining muscle may help you even out your body shape, if your but is genetically bigger, then by building up your shoulders and arms you will look more in proportion.
If you want to lose weight, you need to really look at your diet and training.
Its simple math, 3500 calories burned = 1lb fat loss or there abouts.
Go into fitday.com and set up an account, type in everything you put in your mouth every day to get a real indication of how much you eat every day. Sometimes we forget that we had a handful of nuts while driving etc.
Fitday will also estimate how much you need to eat each day to maintain. Eat 500 calories less than that a day and try and burn 500 calories in excercise a day and you should be looking to drop 1lb a week.
Remember, if you are lifting, you weight may stay the same as you will be adding muscle to your frame which weighs more than fat.