Waist Size Effect of Building Muscle

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Red face


    There's a product called ColonBlow. I just tried it and it worked wonders. Its easy to use as you substitute this stuff for 3 meals in a row. I dropped 3 pounds and the stuff that came out was ghastly. It also allowed me to feel better. For days before I was having a bloated feeling in my upper abdomen, but now I feel much better and have more energy. Do a find on it and read about the reviews on it, its hillarous stuff.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by brdodge
    There's a product called ColonBlow.
    Funniest product name ever.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mmowry
    I triple dosed on the super colon cleanse (not advisable and ONLY try this at home as you dont dare leave ) for a few days and I lost 7# and Im not exactly sure what it was that came out but I know nothing looked like that when it went in.
    Ouch... Super Colon Cleanse contains the exact same ingredient as ExLax... that must have been fun.

  4. Yeah check out the "outstanding poop pics" on the colon blow website. Hard to believe
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Ouch... Super Colon Cleanse contains the exact same ingredient as ExLax... that must have been fun.
    I have a pretty strange sense of humor as in most any physical pain or discomfort is amusing.So yeh in was but lets just say by the end of this experience charmin felt like sandpaper.


    Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego
    Yeah check out the "outstanding poop pics" on the colon blow website. Hard to believe
    Colonblow - outstanding poop pics.

    You have GOT to be kidding me... I think the person who named this product and took those pics has been doing too much NasalBlow.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Glenihan - I respect what you say a great deal, and I generally find your posts to be accurate. On this point, however, I must disagree.

    I have a close relative who is a gastroenterologist. Basically, his job is sticking tubes with video cameras into people's intestines and poking around. On a number of occasions, I've had the opportunity to look at the photos he's taken from inside the intestine.

    There's no "gunkified fecal matter" or much of anything else up there. The intestines are generally quite clean; they look like the inside of your mouth. This is after only a 24 hour fast and a mild laxative.

    I've actually asked him about colon cleansing programs (in a different context), and he confirmed what I concluded from the pictures. Most people don't have fecal matter and other stuff sitting around in there, as the body does an efficient job of clearing itself out. When this does occur, it's because of a serious medical problem and the person is likely to land in the hospital very quickly.

    So I suggest the possibility that the change in the appearance of your s**ts after taking the colon cleanse product was probably due to the effect of the cleansing product on how your colon processes food and produces waste, not because the matter itself was old.

    I'm not saying that colon cleanse products couldn't reduce waist size by some other mechanism. Just that, in normal and healthy people, they don't do so by clearing out years of accumulated fecal matter, because this matter just isn't there. But like you said, trying a colon cleanse couldn't hurt.
    I'm sorry but this is somewhat incorrect. You forgot to mention (and I'm sure your relative GI did as well because he takes it as a given), but colonoscopies are always preceeded by a colon prep in which you drink hypertonic salt water to clean yourself out days prior to the test. So THAT is why your intestines are clean on camera because you just gave yourself a colonic. I suppose you could do this once a month, but it's not pleasant. I'd opt for a more gradual cleansing program like the tabs or metamucil. More people than not do have fecal matter left over in their intestines. The increased transit time associated with low fiber diets is one of the theories behind the emergence of colon cancer, seeing as how the toxins have more time to penetrate the mucosa.

    As far as the original question regarding increased waist size, mine always goes up whie bulking due to many factors, mainly increased caloric intake, increased water retention, and increased gas production from the high amount of artifical protein meal replacements (I eat almost all whole foods while cutting, and while I want to do this while bulking as it's healthier, I just dont have the time/appetite for such calories). I don't performm any weighted oblique exercises, but I do resistance crunches. I always squat and leg press heavy so my extesor muscles that cross the hip joint add to increased waist size as well.

  8. I eat so much fiber usually that when I go out of town or to a friends house and don't eat my regular veggies. I can def tell that my waste is pokin out. And I feel like a bag of ass if I miss a dump in the morning. (from talking to people most of them "drop the duece" abot once every other day WTF??)

    Anyhow I make 6 big bran muffins with wheat flour usually eat all of them in the after noon couple hours before bed. And oh boy n the morning get about 1 cup of coffee down and then take an absolutely exhausting dump and usually fill the bowl up so much that it sits about 2" above the waterline. Then voilla my pants fit better and I feel like a new man

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rocky82
    I'm sorry but this is somewhat incorrect. You forgot to mention (and I'm sure your relative GI did as well because he takes it as a given), but colonoscopies are always preceeded by a colon prep in which you drink hypertonic salt water to clean yourself out days prior to the test. So THAT is why your intestines are clean on camera because you just gave yourself a colonic.
    Actually, I did mention this. Not sure where you're getting your colonoscopies, but the vast majority are preceded by 48 hours of low-fibre diet, 24 hour fast, and a laxative the day before the procedure. Sometimes sodium phosphate or picosulfate is used, but more often it's Bisacodyl. It does clean you out, but so will OTC laxatives. In fact, many of the herbal colon cleansing products contain senna extract with sennosides, the same thing in OTC laxative medicines.

    You're right that your colon and intestines wouldn't look this clean if you didn't fast and take a laxative. But that's because they're full of fecal matter, which is what the colon does: process fecal matter. My point was that the intestines and colon are quite adept and "keeping things moving" and cleaning themselves. When an impaction occurs because fecal matter gets "stuck" and hardens, the person will develop severe symptoms quite quickly.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Actually, I did mention this. Not sure where you're getting your colonoscopies, but the vast majority are preceded by 48 hours of low-fibre diet, 24 hour fast, and a laxative the day before the procedure. Sometimes sodium phosphate or picosulfate is used, but more often it's Bisacodyl. It does clean you out, but so will OTC laxatives. In fact, many of the herbal colon cleansing products contain senna extract with sennosides, the same thing in OTC laxative medicines.

    You're right that your colon and intestines wouldn't look this clean if you didn't fast and take a laxative. But that's because they're full of fecal matter, which is what the colon does: process fecal matter. My point was that the intestines and colon are quite adept and "keeping things moving" and cleaning themselves. When an impaction occurs because fecal matter gets "stuck" and hardens, the person will develop severe symptoms quite quickly.
    That's my bad I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I thought you were claiming that all intestines were clean because that's what the pictures were showing.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by brdodge
    There's a product called ColonBlow. I just tried it and it worked wonders. Its easy to use as you substitute this stuff for 3 meals in a row. I dropped 3 pounds and the stuff that came out was ghastly. It also allowed me to feel better. For days before I was having a bloated feeling in my upper abdomen, but now I feel much better and have more energy. Do a find on it and read about the reviews on it, its hillarous stuff.
    What a copout. ColonBlow was definitely a 1980's (or early 90's) SNL sketch about a new high-fiber cereal.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner
    What a copout. ColonBlow was definitely a 1980's (or early 90's) SNL sketch about a new high-fiber cereal.
    Actually, I don't really care where they got the name. It works...really, thats all I care about.

  13. VAT should not be forgotten. In myself, it comes on quick and it goes almost last.

  14. Just to add, I have been eating a lot trying to put weight on the past 2 months. I was constantly bloated and I looked like I was putting on fat. I added in Fiber to my PWO Shake and also take some right before bed. The past week has been so much better, no more bloat, down 2 pounds (Guessing garbage weight) and I feel I can eat a little more now. I did all this before reading this thread and just thought I would add another outside observance. I try to keep fiber in my supps at all times now.

  15. I definitely believe you must have a good amount of fiber in your diet. I'm on the 2nd leg of this colon blow thing. Before that I felt like I had a rock in my upper abdomen and it was affecting my breathing and ability to eat. Now I feel very good inside. Another thing I noticed is that since getting 'cleaned out' I sweat a ton more now! On the bike at the gym the last 3 times I sweated like I was 12 again. I do believe it helps the whole system when your insides are clean.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Together the small and large intestines together are about 7.5 meters long. The scopes can get to the large intestine by going up through the colon (colonoscopy) or to the small intestine by going down through the esophogus (upper endoscopy).

    Here's a picture from the small intestine:
    http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~nchang...s/smallint.JPG

    Here's one from the colon:
    http://www.gaspa.com/Photos/COLON-1.JPG

    Here's one from the large intestine:
    http://www.dhmc.org/dhmc-internet-up...colonscopy.jpg
    In the bottom photo, you can see the instrument about to remove a polyp.

    Maybe AM should create a "Gastroenterology" sub-forum?
    Those must be some of the worlds cleanest colons!!!
    Whoever modeled for those pictures should be proud!


    lol- I know how you guys enjoy a good log, so here's one I found (definately a detailed one) on colon cleansing.
    Ernie's House of Whoop A*s Dot Com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 03:23 AM
  2. Reducing waist size while retaining upperbody muscle????
    By Pitbull86 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
  4. Study on the effect of drugs on spider's web building
    By diminuendo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Log in
Log in