Waist Size Effect of Building Muscle

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky82
    I'm sorry but this is somewhat incorrect. You forgot to mention (and I'm sure your relative GI did as well because he takes it as a given), but colonoscopies are always preceeded by a colon prep in which you drink hypertonic salt water to clean yourself out days prior to the test. So THAT is why your intestines are clean on camera because you just gave yourself a colonic.
    Actually, I did mention this. Not sure where you're getting your colonoscopies, but the vast majority are preceded by 48 hours of low-fibre diet, 24 hour fast, and a laxative the day before the procedure. Sometimes sodium phosphate or picosulfate is used, but more often it's Bisacodyl. It does clean you out, but so will OTC laxatives. In fact, many of the herbal colon cleansing products contain senna extract with sennosides, the same thing in OTC laxative medicines.

You're right that your colon and intestines wouldn't look this clean if you didn't fast and take a laxative. But that's because they're full of fecal matter, which is what the colon does: process fecal matter. My point was that the intestines and colon are quite adept and "keeping things moving" and cleaning themselves. When an impaction occurs because fecal matter gets "stuck" and hardens, the person will develop severe symptoms quite quickly.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.19%

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Actually, I did mention this. Not sure where you're getting your colonoscopies, but the vast majority are preceded by 48 hours of low-fibre diet, 24 hour fast, and a laxative the day before the procedure. Sometimes sodium phosphate or picosulfate is used, but more often it's Bisacodyl. It does clean you out, but so will OTC laxatives. In fact, many of the herbal colon cleansing products contain senna extract with sennosides, the same thing in OTC laxative medicines.

You're right that your colon and intestines wouldn't look this clean if you didn't fast and take a laxative. But that's because they're full of fecal matter, which is what the colon does: process fecal matter. My point was that the intestines and colon are quite adept and "keeping things moving" and cleaning themselves. When an impaction occurs because fecal matter gets "stuck" and hardens, the person will develop severe symptoms quite quickly.
    That's my bad I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I thought you were claiming that all intestines were clean because that's what the pictures were showing.
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by brdodge
    There's a product called ColonBlow. I just tried it and it worked wonders. Its easy to use as you substitute this stuff for 3 meals in a row. I dropped 3 pounds and the stuff that came out was ghastly. It also allowed me to feel better. For days before I was having a bloated feeling in my upper abdomen, but now I feel much better and have more energy. Do a find on it and read about the reviews on it, its hillarous stuff.
    What a copout. ColonBlow was definitely a 1980's (or early 90's) SNL sketch about a new high-fiber cereal.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.33%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner
    What a copout. ColonBlow was definitely a 1980's (or early 90's) SNL sketch about a new high-fiber cereal.
    Actually, I don't really care where they got the name. It works...really, thats all I care about.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

VAT should not be forgotten. In myself, it comes on quick and it goes almost last.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.06%

Just to add, I have been eating a lot trying to put weight on the past 2 months. I was constantly bloated and I looked like I was putting on fat. I added in Fiber to my PWO Shake and also take some right before bed. The past week has been so much better, no more bloat, down 2 pounds (Guessing garbage weight) and I feel I can eat a little more now. I did all this before reading this thread and just thought I would add another outside observance. I try to keep fiber in my supps at all times now.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.33%

I definitely believe you must have a good amount of fiber in your diet. I'm on the 2nd leg of this colon blow thing. Before that I felt like I had a rock in my upper abdomen and it was affecting my breathing and ability to eat. Now I feel very good inside. Another thing I noticed is that since getting 'cleaned out' I sweat a ton more now! On the bike at the gym the last 3 times I sweated like I was 12 again. I do believe it helps the whole system when your insides are clean.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Together the small and large intestines together are about 7.5 meters long. The scopes can get to the large intestine by going up through the colon (colonoscopy) or to the small intestine by going down through the esophogus (upper endoscopy).

Here's a picture from the small intestine:
    http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~nchang...s/smallint.JPG

Here's one from the colon:
    http://www.gaspa.com/Photos/COLON-1.JPG

Here's one from the large intestine:
    http://www.dhmc.org/dhmc-internet-up...colonscopy.jpg
    In the bottom photo, you can see the instrument about to remove a polyp.

Maybe AM should create a "Gastroenterology" sub-forum?
    Those must be some of the worlds cleanest colons!!!
    Whoever modeled for those pictures should be proud!

lol- I know how you guys enjoy a good log, so here's one I found (definately a detailed one) on colon cleansing.
    Ernie's House of Whoop A*s Dot Com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 02:23 AM
  2. Reducing waist size while retaining upperbody muscle????
    By Pitbull86 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 02:27 PM
  4. Study on the effect of drugs on spider's web building
    By diminuendo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 02:34 PM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 06:09 AM