Keto diet plan check

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I just need to see if this sounds right to the keto knowledgable individuals.. I am trying keto starting Monday the 12th. Here is the breakdown I have. I am 6 feet 267 @16% bf. That is the first day or two, I will be making some more different menus as I get time.
Calories       Protein          Carbs        Fat
  3252             254             15           236

MEAL1
1 eggbeaters
1/3 cup Pizza Mixture Cheese
2 slices turkey bacon
2 scrambled eggs

MEAL2
2 scoops 100% Whey
2 Tsp Flax Oil

MEAL3
2 premade hamburger patty
3 oz chedder cheese

MEAL4
2 scoops 100% Whey
2 Tsp Flax Oil

MEAL5
1 hamburger patty
2 oz Chedder Cheese

MEAL6
2 scoops 100% Whey
2 Tsp Flax Oil

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where's post workout?

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Thats a brutal diet. You will definately go ketogenic.

Are you taking ALA? If so, you should be able to get away with some more carbs and remain in keto. I have stayed ketogenic with as high as 200 grams of carbs a day as long as I supplemented with 10mg-ALA/gram-carbs.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Postwork was not listed but I am planning on 75 grams of dextrose and 66 grams of whey protein.. sound about right or do I need to lower it..

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Postwork was not listed but I am planning on 75 grams of dextrose and 66 grams of whey protein.. sound about right or do I need to lower it..
Yikes, I go 30/30. I did a little math of my own, came up with 225g pro., 230 fat., for a grand total of 3000 cals. I'm 236 @16% BTW. Too many shakes IMO, especially with the whey, if you must use all those shakes, do a blend.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lower it. ;)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Lol.. okay I figured I would need to..
I am going to kick at least 1 of the shakes from the list in the next few days.. and do something alittle different..

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yep, that looks pretty hardcore... so if you take out one shake, you still have post w/o, and two others, which IMO isn't a big deal, like scotty says you may want to consider a blend but I don't think it's critical since you're eating so often. but damn these diets sure do look bland... keep those food lists handy for when the time comes and you want some variety up in that biotch :D good luck... it got to the point for me where it was easier to just keep more foods on hand and just make sure the target amount of nutirients per meal had been reached... kept my sanity, because I've never taken that structured of an approach before (I ain't Bobo... but then, he's already crazy :D )

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
LOL. I have a few other menus I just posted today's the first day.. Actually I am going to hit the Atkin's sites and find some good recipes and other tips.. Thanks for the help guys..

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Matt,

I don't see any veggies. Fiberous green ones, eat bunches of them IMO. Also, I agree, too many whey shakes.......EAT REAL FOOD whenever possible.

You may find you need to lower cals a bit. Adjust as needed.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay here is an up date.. I did cut out the last shake, the other two I just needed to have in there for the next week or so.. I also have dropped 5 lbs from my weight so something is happen. I am going to add some fiberous veggies this next week Chi just wanted to do it without them the first week...

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Matt,

The first few weeks is fine to drop more than normal due to water loss, but after that, make sure you are not losing more than 1-3 lbs a week, as you may increase the likelyhood of losing muscle.

Sounds like your off to a good start......Keep us posted.:D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I will.. I know I have dropped some water my face has lost that on cycle look :(