Jonnie Jackson treadmill routine.

facko

Awards
I remember reading a flex magazine not too long ago...either this months issue or last months...where jonnie jackson was promoting hydroxycut hardcore...and in the article there was a 15minute treadmill program for fat burning. Now i ussualy dont take any advice from mags...but i remember it looking interesting...now im trying to remember what it was but dont have access to the magazine as of now. Anyone get flex...can tell me the routine that im talking about?

loki82

Awards
It's just a HIIT cardio session. first minute you go at regular pace then at the next minute you go all out. repeat alternating for fifteen minutes.

facko

Awards
Thanks for those two articles man...very informative...I guess ill be sprinting.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for those two articles man...very informative...I guess ill be sprinting.
I have at least one sprinting session per week and try to do three. I train for MMA, so having a high anaerobic threshold is very important along with the hip flexor strength you get from sprinting.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'll be doing 20 minutes to start 3 times a week once my ankle is 100% (sprained it)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just read these last week myself and started up, have been doign HIIT on an elliptical for a while.
It is just not the same effect unless you are supporting your bodyweight the entire time. Treadmills or tracks are the best options to use for sprinting. HIIT is a little different because you are technically using varying intensity, but the body is not using the same amount of o2 throughout the session. The goal is to try to maximize EPOC to increase metabolism and nutrient repartioning.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the workout is in the September issue of Flex. the actual routine is as follows:
Minutes / Speed / Incline
1 / 4.5 / 1
2 / 5.0 / 1
3 / 5.5 / 1
4 / 6.0 / 3
5-6 / 5.5 / 0
7 / 6.5 / 4
8-9 / 5.5 / 0
10 / 7.0 / 5
11-12 / 5.5 / 0
13 / 5.0 / 1
14-15 / 4.5 / 0

as mentioned, it is a variation on a HIIT routine. But here it is as asked.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
no problem. I actually did it this morning. It wasn't so bad. I was pretty winded by the 14th minute, though.

facko

Awards
Dude...this **** got me winded. The thing i noticed with high intensity..less time...that im actually winded for like 15 mins after im done lol.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that is definitely one of the benefits. less time but you burn calories long after the workout.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude your supposed to work your way up . Your supposed to go all out for one min, then walk till your heart rate goes back to normal. and sooner or later your body starts to recover quicker. Dont try to do what he does right away. but you'll progress pretty quick. To learn more read some Boxing books.