Anyone wear Sweat suit during cardio?

Wear Sweats during cardio?

• Yes, I love looking like George Cantstandya

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • No, your just cooking brain cells and looking like u gave up on life

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • What are you talking about, i always wear sweats.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I did it for the first time today, it was cold outside so I dressed accordingly, started my cardio i would say mild intensity but full sweat shirt and sweat pants. I didn't overheat which was my main concern, and i sweat a ton so it was pretty great, not being on any stims right now I'm trying to do anything I can to increase body temp and themogenisis within reason.

Just wanted to know if anyone else does the same, has reasons not to, or there crazy enough to wear the suits i see on the contender and the ultimate fighter that are the plastic like ones so they can make there weight.

Also am I just losing water weight or am i burning a little more fat?:fool2:

Thanks,

Kam

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
10 views and no votes, come on, are my poll options that crazy.

I really wanta know if i'm burning more fat or just losing water weight.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My readings have lead me to believe that you are just temporarily losing water weight. I say be as comfortable as possible while you are torturing yourself. I drip with sweat with shorts and a t-top lifting weights. You want to increase your body temp but, do it by moving not increasing clothes.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
water weight imo. Unless your cutting for a weight class or something and have VERY limited time to reach a specific weight theres no point imo.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
For me personally, wearing a lot of clothing is counterproductive because I will fatigue faster from thermal retention, more likely to quit earlier and/or try less hard because it's uncomfortable, and I think, not sure, that the cleansing benefits of sweating are reduced when the sweat is retained versus being wind evaporated.

I cardio as much, if not more, for the mental and emotional benefits than the physical, being uncomfortable in a sweatsuit is not the way, for me, to reach and stay in the zone.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
no more than a t-shirt, even when i'm climbing Eiffel tower on the stepper machine.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
Just a little info - the last two days iv'e done my empty stomach cardio with a sweat suit just to see effects and what not. I would have to agree the endurance isn't there as when i'm wearing shorts and t-shirt. Heart rate stays up a little more then usual, no feeling of light headedness or anything, but I can only last fot 25-30 minutes when I could go 45min+ t-shirt and shorts.

I might do this once a week maybe fridays to cut some water weight for the weekend.

Just wanted to share, thanks for all your insight.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Just a few times a year. I'll wear an extra layer if I'm training to acclimate to the heat/humidity at this race I do down in Louisiana every August. All that really is lost is temporary H2O weight.

I've read that the same # k/cals are burned for each exercise bout. I do wonder if it is counterproductive to fat loss though since all the threads re: cutting mention to drink lots of cold H2O?

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My readings have lead me to believe that you are just temporarily losing water weight. I say be as comfortable as possible while you are torturing yourself. I drip with sweat with shorts and a t-top lifting weights. You want to increase your body temp but, do it by moving not increasing clothes.
YUUUUUUP.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
You do see people wearing running suits on "The Sopranos" nearly every episode. What's good enough for Anthony.......

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Straight retarded. We had to ban em at my gym cause all the kiddies were wearing them, and were dropping like flies.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
You'll become morbidly obese and gay like Vito,broke and on the run, beaten to death in a hotel room with a baseball bat shoved up your ass.
Okay, okay I'll discontinue wearing the running suit everywhere. I sure don't want to "get Vito'd". I have no interest in volunteer firemen, either.:run:

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
i'm glad we stayed on topic, thanks for your votes and discussion....

No need for sweats.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I recommend a book called "Exercise Physiology". Can't remember who wrote it, but it's a great resource for understanding how metabolism works.

madghost31

Awards
sweat suits arent practical for losing long term weight. its only for if you want to lose a few pounds really fast and its only water, sodium, patassium, and little stuff. which you will replace anyways the next time you drink or eat anything. running on a completely empty stomach will more than likely make you lose muscle mass as well.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
sweat suits arent practical for losing long term weight. its only for if you want to lose a few pounds really fast and its only water, sodium, patassium, and little stuff. which you will replace anyways the next time you drink or eat anything. running on a completely empty stomach will more than likely make you lose muscle mass as well.
I 100% agree, I only wear a sauna suit top when Im trying to dial in for my next fight I walk around at about 230-235 and I cut down to 220 for my fights and Ill wear the suit the night before the weigh in with 40min intense cardio on my elliptical. If I am still a few lbs off. It gets the weight off that I need to get the scale right but as soon as I get off the scale Im drinking Pedialite and H2O Trying to get rehydrated ASAP. IMO its a okay tool if you need to lose a few lbs by tommorrow for a weigh in but I never really see physical benefits.

Pumps

Awards
I just bought a sweat/sauna suit whatever u wanna call it. I usually just wear the top during my MMA workout every morning. Usually just cause it's cold and i think it just cuts water but if your under 10% body fat i notice a big difference in how cut i am. Just cause of the water.

frezel

Awards
if i was to run (which i should!) i would wear the most comfortable thing i could dig out of closet.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
if i was to run (which i should!) i would wear the most comfortable thing i could dig out of closet.
I agree, you dont want to take something thats pretty misrable to most people and try to make it as unbearable as possible. That imo will just make you less likely to do it on a regular basis.