Question about Keto

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Can I do a Ketogenic diet with Cashews, Steak, Chicken, Whey Protein, Tuna, Flax Oil, and Peanut Butter as my only sources of food.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
All of that looks like it is on the list of good foods I would go lite on the PB because of the carbs.. How are you going to handle your carb up days?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
uh... yeah, you CAN... but damn bro, that's some bland-ass crap by like, day 10 IMO... I just hate tuna (canned) with a passion at this point, but eh... where's the cheeses, the fatty meats that make keto so mo'fuckin' fulfilling? :D I say have fun with it, I'm tired of kicking my own ass when it comes to dieting, and that's one of the best things about keto.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good point Biggs, I'll definitely add some sliced cheese for variety. As far as the carb up goes, I plan on using oatmeal, would this be fine for my source of carbs ? BTW, I mix my tuna w/lots of lemon and some parsley, is this still fine for the diet ?

Havok

Awards
You can also put eggs in your tuna (boiled and then greated or sliced)
and put some fattening mayo

all protein and fats

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cool bros, good advice. I guess I can eat much more than I had in mine

Draven

Awards
  • Established
As far as the carb up goes, I plan on using oatmeal, would this be fine for my source of carbs ?
Well that'll be fine for day two or whatever later hours in your carb up but you want some high GI stuff in the first 6 hours or so to refill your glycogen stores. Then low GI is a good idea for the remaining time.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanx Draven, I didn't know about the High G.I. carbs. I'll give it a shot after my finals which end May 21

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Can I do a Ketogenic diet with Cashews, Steak, Chicken, Whey Protein, Tuna, Flax Oil, and Peanut Butter as my only sources of food.

Bump on Biggs comments.

Also where are those all important fiberous green veggies ?
And almonds would be better than cashews IMO.

Don't make keto so boring........eat damn it !
:shoot:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 10
Weight Loss 4
Anabolics 5
Fat2fit2017 Weight Loss 9
jp21590 Weight Loss 7