According to YellowJackets incredible post...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

According to YellowJackets incredible post...

I would have to eat approximately 3122.3 calories per day to maintain my body weight. According to a 3 day average my ADCI is 1658 with 32.1 % from carbs 54.4% Pro's and 13.3 % fats. How in gods name can i double my calories!. I eat constantly through out the day and i max out my proteins at each meal and im not even coming close. What do I do just add a ton more carbs? It seems like the only thing I can do. If you want me to post my 3 day diet and it's caloric values and what not let me know.

2. Registered User
    Answers

So you stuff your face all day long and can only get to 1650???

I usually get to 1600 after about 6-8 hours of being awake.

So please go ahead and post your diet.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by JFP2026

I usually get to 1600 after about 6-8 hours of being awake.  

Same here. Post your diet.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

definately post your diet and let these bros help you out... constantly eating is hard. you eat when you're not even hungry...don't be upset if you don't see the gains you want. if you're not gaining for a long enough period of time make a change...1650 calories in one day is not enough if you want to gain weight...especially for you bro, you're gonna end up losing weight
  5. Registered User
    Answers

1650, that's all? Bro, I eat 4400 a day and sometimes I'm still hungry. Let's see the diet, and some stats for your self.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by dwfender
    According to a 3 day average my ADCI is 1658 with 32.1 % from carbs 54.4% Pro's and 13.3 % fats.
    Are you cutting?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

hehe, I think this man eats nothing but beef jerky...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

1650? Unless you are a very, very small man or woman I don't possibly see how this could be near enough for maintenance calories. For a smaller guy I could see this as a very low cal cutting cycle, but please post your diet.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

now let's not be too hard on him here, 1650 ain't too bad for one me.... oh... damn, yer talkin about the whole day?! man my *breakfast* has more cals than that!

let's see the diet my friend, these bros will give you good assistance (except for scotty, he'll just stuff your ass in the fridge and not let you out until you've eaten everything!)
  10. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I am doing 4980 calories a day, no cardio, no AS, no hormones and this is a CUTTING diet for me.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Jarconis
    hehe, I think this man eats nothing but beef jerky...
    That avatar just isn't right...Its funny as hell but still not right...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by Biggs
    now let's not be too hard on him here, 1650 ain't too bad for one me.... oh... damn, yer talkin about the whole day?! man my *breakfast* has more cals than that!

let's see the diet my friend, these bros will give you good assistance (except for scotty, he'll just stuff your ass in the fridge and not let you out until you've eaten everything!)
    I was attempting some diplomacy!
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by CROWLER
    I am doing 4980 calories a day, no cardio, no AS, no hormones and this is a CUTTING diet for me.
    Do you weigh 550lbs?
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by CROWLER
    ...thats all I have to say about that.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by scotty2

I was attempting some diplomacy!
    I know, it's a first! very admirable I think, props to you Lunchbox... especially since you yourself are cutting... good show of restraint lol
  16. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Originally posted by scotty2

Do you weigh 550lbs?
    No actually pretty small, just fast metabolism. and I am MUCH older than most. My metabolism has actually slowed down some fortunately.

Well look at a guy like Six-pack he does approx 5000 calories a day to maintain. OH my I think I have this right, if not I apologize Six.

That is why I find it interesting when I see guys say they EAT and EAT and can't gain. Then it turns out they are doing only doing about 3000 calories a day.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Alright guys, bare with me this is going to exeptionally long but im going to try and give you as much information as I can.

3 day diet analysis

Day 1

Meal 1
    6 egg whites
    2 slices american cheese
    1 glass orange juice

37 carbs
    49 proteins
    4 fats

Meal 2
    1 slice whole wheat
    4 oz Turkey breast

12 carbs
    2 pro
    1 fat

Meal 3
    2 scoops whey protein

1 gatorade

1 go lean bar pre cardio

3 pieces grilled chicken

1 scoop whey

Carb total 125 grams
    Proteins 226
    Fats 20.5

Day 2
    2 cups optimum nutrition
    1 cup skim milk

8oz turke
    2 slices ww
    1 orange fresh

2 scoops whey

1 package low fat pop tarts

about 8 oz salmon

salad blah blah blah

Day 3

6 egg whites
    2 slices turkey
    2 slices cheese
    1 glass orange juice

8 oz turkey
    2 slices ww

2 whey

1 healthy choice chiekn bowl

8 oz tolapia

1 scoop whey

Totals

3 day totals:

Carbs 400
    Proteins 677
    Fats 74

Calories come out to an average of 1658

Carbs 32.1%
    pro 54.4 %
    fats 13.3 %

Ok, these 3 days were from when I was trying to cut down my fatbut try and maintain some lean muscle. Now I wanna gain. Ive been trying to come up with my own diet and this is what I have so far, it's only 1 days worth, im gonnat ry and make a 7 day plan and come on here to get your guys oppinions. It's also still in the making and I have a lot of work to do being that my protein is up around 282 withtout any protein shakes and thats only at 6:30 at night so I gotta work with the oz's of meat and what not but here is the first day I have so far.

6 egg whites
    2 slices american
    1 glass orange
    2 slices ww toast

2 slices w.w.
    8 oz turkey
    1 apple
    1 banana

2 slices w.w.
    1 can tuna
    1 tbsp mayo
    1 orange

2 cups cooked brown rice
    1 piece grilled chicken

1 go lean bar pre cardio

8 oz grilled chicken ( gonna add some type of carbo)

8 oz fish

as i said this is still in the making, after im finished with it (another 2 days or so) I will post more and ask for oppinions. Im having a hard time eating clean and coming up with the right amount of calories. All that food is only 2482 which means im still 640 short of my maintenance intake.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

... sownds lick u kneed a gaynur

seriously, I'm not seeing nearly enough fat, especially if you're having that much trouble reaching your daily intakes... I only skimmed through, but IMO your fats aren't high enough... think flax oil, peanut butter, and don't be afraid to throw in egg yolks into the meals in which you are using only half a dozen egg whites (yolks the best part! )... can give more input as you continue to tweak, good luck bro... oh, and I personally would ditch the OJ... never been a fan of it personally.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

im gonna get a good diet if it kills me.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

You call 1 scoop of whey a "meal"? There must be "food" coming out from your ears, don't stuff yourself like that man.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

By the way...

almost every kind of meat (i.e chicken, beef, fish, etc..) has about 20 grams of protein per 3.5 oz. serving

1 gatorade

gatorade has 13 grams of carbohydrate per 8 Fl. oz. serving, so if you have a 20 oz. gatorade then you need to account got 2.5 servings, not just 1 serving.

3 pieces grilled chicken

do you mean 3 breasts? or just 3 peices in general? can you estimate the number ounces in that serving/amount of chicken??

**LG's Helpful Hints**

-Eat the yolks
    -drink more orange juice/gatorade
    -eat more fats (EFA's to be specific) i.e penut butter, flax, etc...
    -since you are trying to gain weight, dont be afraid to go out w/the friends and pig out every once in a while

If you need more carbs, then eat 2 servings of old-fasioned oat meal for breakfast:

about 50g carb (6g of which are fiber, which is very good), 10g protein and 6g fat
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by bachovas
    You call 1 scoop of whey a "meal"? There must be "food" coming out from your ears, don't stuff yourself like that man.
    good point,

the scoop of whey should not be a meal by itself, you are trying to bulk, so the scoop(s) of whey should be just a componet to your meals.  That being said, with your whey, you should eat couple of slices of bread and a slice of cheese (for extra fats)

EAT!!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

Flax oil, Peanut butter, skim milk, wheat bread, oatmeal, yams.........eat more of these!!!!!
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Alright here is my proposed day 1 diet which I just figured out now. I could increase the proteins but I dont want to being that they are on the border of being 1.5 grams per body weight and I don't want to push my kidney's too far, it's not that important to me as of yet to take any risks no matter how small. What I need is some suggestions on where to add some Carbs and Fats, I have a deficit of 376.8 calories till I reach maintenance. Here goes...If you want the breakdown of each meal let me know.

Meal 1

6 Egg Whites
    2 Slices American Cheese
    1 Glass Orange Juice
    2 Slices W.W. Toast

Meal 2
    2 Slices W.W.
    4 oz Turkey Breast
    1 Orange
    1 Banana

Meal 3

2 Slices W.W.
    1 Can Tuna
    1 TBSP. Mayo
    1 Apple

Meal 4

2 Cups Brown Rice
    1 Scoop Whey Protein

Snack before cardio
    1 Go lean Bar

Meal 5
    This one is gonna vary depending
    on the day, tomorrow it will be that
    or maybe some type of bread with
    it I'm not sure.

Celery w/PB

Meal 6
    8 oz Fish

Totals in Grams:
    Carbs 324
    Pros: 233
    Fats: 57.5

Totals in Calories:
    Carbs: 1296
    Pros: 932
    Fats: 517.5
    Totals: 2745.5

Percents:
    Carbs 47.20
    Pros 33.94
    Fats 18.85

Proposed Calories vs Goal Calorie
    3122.3 = 376.8 Short
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Up the healthy fats....some olive oil or egg yolks or flax. Tell ya the truth I am not the biggest fan of the whole plan but to each their own.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

I could increase the proteins but I dont want to being that they are on the border of being 1.5 grams per body weight and I don't want to push my kidney's too far
    bah. drink 1.5-2 gals water daily, and don't think twice about your kidneys. good advice all around on the thread though... what are your stats by the way, did I miss them somewhere?
  27. Registered User
    Answers

i do drink between 1.5 and 2 a day. I pee all the time but thats another thread all together dont know if i posted stats or not but

6ft

medium frame
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by Scottyo
    Up the healthy fats....some olive oil or egg yolks or flax. Tell ya the truth I am not the biggest fan of the whole plan but to each their own.
    what would you change about it then?
  29. Registered User
    Answers

For example

Meal 1
    6 whites 2 yolks
    2 slices cheese
    3/4 cup oatmeal
    2 slices WW bread (maybe with PB or avocado)

Meal 2
    1 sweet potato
    2 chicken breasts
    1 tablespoon EV Olive Oil

Can Tuna
    2 egg whites
    keep the mayo if ya want

Add more protein-either milk or piece of meat

Steak
    veggies
    2 Tablespoon flax seeds

8 Oz fish
    Flax seed oli

Something like that....thats just a quick idea. I don't like too much WW bread, need more oatmeal, sweet potatos...can have some fruit but don't need 3 pieces and OJ
  30. Registered User
    Answers

where can I get quick carbs then without touching whole wheat and staying away from sugary fruits. besides potatoes.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Why don't you add a serving or two of a protein drink in there? Say Muscle Milk? We are the same height and weight, and I eat between 4500-4800 cal a day. Most of it is solid foods, and two MM shakes a day.
  32. Registered User
    Answers

where can I get quick carbs then without touching whole wheat and staying away from sugary fruits. besides potatoes.
    talking about convenience? ground oats is my preferred method. makes ideal portable mrp's a piece of cake (or, if you have the green, Lean Mass Matrix is the best choice... though you have to admit, their ad campaign where they say "whole food nutrition is a thing of the past! who wants old school diner food {shows woman offering plate of steak and broccoli to a bber, bber says no way man I got my LMM!... great product, kinda strange ads })
  33. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Oatmeal, just put some in a big mug, add some water and a TINY bit of honey and you are good to go.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Like they have been saying...oatmeal is the carb of choice...but their are other alternatives. WW bread is ok...just not great, and often isnt 100% WW. Sweet potatos are great, brown rice, lentils, beans, WW pasta, fibrous vegetables. There's a good amount of variety man, and if your bulking not everything necessarily needs to be super low glycemic. Fruit may be low glycemic, but it is fructose, and fructose preferentially fills LIVER glycogen over MUSCLE glycogen. That and their were a number of studies that showed your body could only process so much fructose a day before it converted them straight to fat.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

May I participate? I like everything about Scotty's meal plan except the olive oil with the yams. IMO, save it for meals woth no arbs. Eat yams, lots and lots of yams with top round.
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Pool man, im trying to stay away from over doing the proteins as off now. Im bordering on what I feel is the max intake on proteins for me right now. Until I start my cardio again and I increase my workout intensity which will be this summer im keeping pro's below 250 grams a day. If i had a few protein shakes like i used to ill be taking in close to 300 and if i take in the amount i used to (2 shakes a day 2 scoops per shake) i'd be topping about 350 grams
  37. Registered User
    Answers

The other scotty has a good point, instead of the Olive Oil you could just eat more sweet potato. Also, I am really curious why you are so worried about eating more protein. Either you believe the FACTS that high protein is NOT HARMFUL or you don't. Protein builds muscles. Hell, I am a very lean 175 right now and I still get at least 300 grams a day. That's a low day.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Either you believe the FACTS that high protein is NOT HARMFUL or you don't.

so far ive only seen facts that say too much protein is bad and ive only seen hearsay that protein is not bad. I stick to the facts until im proven wrong.
  39. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I wouldn't replace the oil with yams, I would replace it with another fat such as peanut butter.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Dwfender, I understand completely! I DO worry about how much protein I take in, especially since I have recurring kidney stones. But, I drink around 3 gallons of water a day to help wash the excess protein through my system. I also have to drink that much to keep my kidneys clear of calcium deposits. The only upside to shakes is that they are 800 calories a pop, and very quick/easy to make. I'd much rather substitute a nice steak and yam plate for the shake, but time does not always allow that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. according to this x-factor should be bad for growth
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 06:01 PM
  2. What happened to the New Posts button?
    By Sir Foxx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 10:27 AM
  3. According to AP, BCAA's are bad...
    By picasso in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 12:40 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 02:38 PM
  5. Steroids-101 (According to Rick Collins)
    By The Answer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 09:09 PM