fat percent down - AnabolicMinds.com

fat percent down

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  289 lbs.

fat percent down

I have % body fat in the last couple of weeks and not seen a drop in the weight on the scale. My trainer told me that I lost 15lbs of fat since beginning and that maybe my body is not letting it go. He said sometimes stuff gets blocked up in the colon from bad digestion over the years. Does this make sense? and is there a good detox product that works fast and could clean it out well.
    It is bad to say but I have no problem with bowel movements usually, at least 3 day.
    JB

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Your post is a little confusing...
    Yes, you can do a fast for 7 days but tbh I doubt it's something that is required.

Could you make your post easier to understand?
  3. Elite Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jbthumper
    I have % body fat in the last couple of weeks and not seen a drop in the weight on the scale. My trainer told me that I lost 15lbs of fat since beginning and that maybe my body is not letting it go. He said sometimes stuff gets blocked up in the colon from bad digestion over the years. Does this make sense?

Your trainer is an idiot. It's entirely possible to maintain a stable weight while losing body fat.....but it's not because that fat is somehow trapped in your colon (shakes head).....it would be because you're adding muscle. You lose weight with the loss of fat and put on weight with the addition of muscle. The net result can be a stable weight but you should notice the fatter areas of your body shrinking and the muscular areas growing. If this is the case, then stop worrying about the weight on the scale.

If you're having three bowel movements a day it sounds like you're getting plenty of fiber.

I'd get a new trainer.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Although I do think your trainer is off base you can have a considerable amount of weight trapped inside. Just ask anybody who's gotten a colon cleasing you can have upwards of 20lbs trapped in there. (NO JOKE) but that depends on your age and diet also.
  5. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup
    Although I do think your trainer is off base you can have a considerable amount of weight trapped inside. Just ask anybody who's gotten a colon cleasing you can have upwards of 20lbs trapped in there. (NO JOKE) but that depends on your age and diet also.
    This idea is utter nonsense. If the guy is having three bowel movements a day, he needn't worry about any weight "trapped" inside of his colon:

http://healthgate.partners.org/brows...20the%20claims

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/detox-diets/AN01334

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cs/gastro.html
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  289 lbs.

Sorry I don't have the actual figures and wasn't very clear at first. My trainer pinches me and I have lost more than a percent of fat since starting this program with him. On paper with all the calculations it shows that I have lost 15lbs of fat weight. My intial weight drop was five pounds (first week) and then I shot back up to the beginning weight. I am just wondering why I am seeing fat lose (pinching) and on paper it shows 15 lbs of lose but no actual lose. I have noticed gain in my muscle, but 15lbs in four weeks????? I haven't worked out in six monthes and lost a lot of my bulk. But I am getting it back. I am really not concerned with the scale weight, as more as I am just trying to understand what is happening.
  7. Registered User

Well if you don't want a cleanse go for a colonic where they pump warm water up around your colon to clean all the built up toxins out, I wanna try it out apparently alot of celebrities get it done. You stomach trims down, your digestion is better, your skin looks healthier, and you get sick less often.
  8. Elite Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS
    Well if you don't want a cleanse go for a colonic where they pump warm water up around your colon to clean all the built up toxins out, I wanna try it out apparently alot of celebrities get it done. You stomach trims down, your digestion is better, your skin looks healthier, and you get sick less often.

Brigham And Women's Hospital Health Information - Colon cleansing: don't be misled by the claims

Detox diets: Do they offer any health benefits? - MayoClinic.com

Gastrointestinal Quackery: Colonics, Laxatives, and Morek
  9. Registered User

lol how dare you poke me with a stick you bastard! Good info bro, it's hard to know what to believe these days, the media misleads us all.
  10. O.G. Appnut

Reputation Reputation

The colonics and all that crap are end result bad for you. Your body needs a balance of healthy bacteria for a lot of processes.... flush em', and you're out of whack.

Don't rely on a scale, don't rely on a pinch test. Don't rely on a trainer that tells you your fat is inside your butt. Use the mirror and the way those jeans is' a fittin'.
  11. Registered User

Good point on the bacteria i'm a firm believer in using digestive enzymes and probiotics.
  12. Banned

LOL! I bet on a cycle of superdrol and megazol while ****ting 8 times a day and losing bf % he'd still say that ****.
  13. Registered User

Some trainers are just straight up retards who don't know WTF they are doing. I'm becoming a trainer myself and i'm going to get ISSA certified for training and nutrition as well as the certification through my gym and the one i'm doing now. I've seen alot of crappy trainers, if i were you i'd get a new one.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. hands down best fat burner?
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 09:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 02:23 PM
  3. Going Volatile as Djbombquad evaporates his fat further down.
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
  4. down to 10 percent, anyone wanna help me to get to 7-8%
    By Lockxxheed in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
  5. Standard Nutrition: Fat!
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-28-2002, 05:43 PM