Flax vs. Hemp Oil??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Flax vs. Hemp Oil???

1. Kay

Flax vs. Hemp Oil???

Hi,
    Since a lot of people like using flaxeed oil, i came across a recent discovery and wanted to pass it along.
    Flaxseed oil only contains omega-6, whereas hemp oil contains all 3 omegas- 3,6,9.
    This makes hemp a complete fat, and I was told that it is a much better source of EFA's than Flaxseed or any other oil. Also was reading an article by Dr. Udo Erasmus, and he quoted as saying that Hemp is probably better and that he should have used hemp oil.
    Plus, i have found hemp oil to be super cheap, i got a bottle of 90 gels for 14.99CDN at a local newfoundhealth store, and i picked up 3 bottles.

2. Advanced Member

Good info bro. I am curious if the hemp oil will make you fail a drug test for pot however. I vaguely remember seeing something about that somewhere.
  3. New Member

Hmm, as far as I know flax and udo both have omega 3 and 6.  The lady told me hemp is better because it has the perfect balance of omega 3,6 etc.  The cost is higher than that of flax oil, and I think udo also.
    •   

4. Kay

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Hmm, as far as I know flax and udo both have omega 3 and 6.  The lady told me hemp is better because it has the perfect balance of omega 3,6 etc.  The cost is higher than that of flax oil, and I think udo also.
    I think flax only has 6, udo's has 3 and 6.
  5. New Member

Flax is very high in Omega 3's.

It varies but a typical break down of Flax Oil per TBLS is:

Omega 3 8,250mg
    Omega 6 3,140mg
    Omega 9 2,070mg
  6. Kay

I just found this out, if you take flax oil only, over time you become defecient in omega 6's and 9's , which is not the case with hemp oil.
    hemp oil is a more balanced source of EFA as compared to flax oil
  7. New Member

That would be true if your only source of fat was the flax oil. Most foods we eat have high percentages of Omega 6 and Omega 9, yet are very, very low in Omega 3 fats so if you are EATING other foods with fat the chances of getting this omega 3 imbalance is extremely minimal.
  8. Kay

i see, i didnt know that
    so if you eat really clean food? liek not a lot of fats in them, say if you are cutting, you wanna go with hemp, but during regular bulking phase, flax is more than enough?
  9. New Member

That sounds like a good plan. But, I used hemp oil and the taste is pretty bad. Have you thought about using Udo's mixed oil? It has the correct ratios.

But too be honest when I cut, I eat my fats to help curb food cravings. Peanut butter sure tastes great when cutting.
  10. New Member

Originally posted by SteveDFW
    That sounds like a good plan. But, I used hemp oil and the taste is pretty bad. Have you thought about using Udo's mixed oil? It has the correct ratios.

But too be honest when I cut, I eat my fats to help curb food cravings. Peanut butter sure tastes great when cutting.
    I have used Udo and I can drink it up like Flax not problem. My concern is the soy in Udo...
  11. Kay

Question capsules vs. liquid?

are there any advantages to taking these as capsules rather than as oils? For the above reasons, i take mine in caps, coz i hate the taste, i know i have to be eating a lot more capsules when compared to tablespoons, but thats not a problem. I would rather eat 4-6 caps than try to chug down a table spoon, i threw up twice.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Flax Seed Oil vs Fish Oil.....(Again???)
    By specmike in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
  2. Flax vs fish oil
    By daft205 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 10:22 PM
  3. Sesamin VS Ground Flax and Hemp
    By Deccadick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 11:40 PM
  4. Replies: 45