Weight loss

geeves20022000

Awards
Hello, Been a member here for a while, but have never posted. I am looking to shed some lbs as I have bulked from 155-192 in the past 4 years. Unfortunately prob half was fat. I want to cut down to see my abs again. Two problems 1)I have a huge appetite (as long as i am eating subs and crap like that)
2) I am a student in a hospital so sometimes when I am in a surgery or a busy rotation I can not eat for hours at a time. I was wondering if you guys had dieting suggestions or a plan to help me accomplish my goal.

Right now I have been trying to clean up my diet
egg whites for breakfast and chicken and spinach throughout the day
snakcs maybe some low fat cheese and high fiber crackers or a pure protein bar

any more suggestions

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you read, and search a lot for meal plans, EFA's, Glycemic index : What is it, and what is the best ratio of protein/fat/carbs for you. I have approx. 50P/40C/10F, but it depends for some people they prefer 20% fat. Fiber is also very important, and to cut cravings, you should avoid refined refined sugars, and replace with whole grain products like rice, oats etc... Also include approx. 7 small meals in the day. You'll see, cravings will go down a lot. :)

Good luck.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Hey Geeves,
I run into a similar situation on my job and I have found that planning your meals the day before helps out alot. As far as you having a huge appetite, thats not bad at all imo. What you are eating now, I would break those down into smaller meals throughout the day. How many hours are you held up during your surgery that keeps you from a meal? I would also suggest getting a free account at fitday to log all your cals. If have not done so, I would also get all your macro breakdown as well so that you are getting the proper nutrition that you need.

How's your cardio regimen?

geeves20022000

Awards
it depends on which day and what surgery. Sometimes they could be 5-6 hrs plus. I have been cleaning up my diet, today I had 4 chicken breasts, 2 shakes and small 95%lean meat burger with no fat cheese. Had some spinach with 2 of the chicken breasts. Today was a slow day.
I need something quick that I can have if I only have like a minute-4 minutes to eat quick, any bars that you guys reccommend?

thanks again

G

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I'd find some ways to add in some oatmeal. It's low calorie but fills you up with slow digesting complex carbs, adds fiber, and they even sell handy single serving envelopes of it that you can make in a microwave.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I love my aldi's non processed oatmeal, throw it in my shakes about a cup at a time, defiently worth while.

I don' t know if it's true, but I heard that oatmeal takes more calories to process then it adds to u.

Just throw it in ur shake my new shake is

PWO(post work OUT)

1 cup oats
66 grams of vanilla whey protein ( tough workout)
1/2-1 cup of no fat cottege cheese
Ice cubes
water/skim milk whatever is preferred.

your set.

If you want a bar for food, check on gnc for there specials my friend gets them once in a while 79 cents or so with 20+ grams of protein.

Plan ur meals out and tupper ware them and ur set for the day.

gl, takes time to get diet in order, as I still haven't, but I can preach all day.