Not good but not that bad... Or maybe I'm wrong...

01yz426

01yz426

Awards
Diet has got to be the bodybuilding aspect that I know least about and admit to that fact... So, I am going to list what I have been eating for a month now and you can tell me that I'm stupid or whatever you think... Please be completly honest and don't worry about hurting my feelings cause as I've clearly stated this whole diet thing is a mystery to me... So here we go, also please add things that you see fit...

3---Protein Shake=666-cals---144gr of Protein---6gr of fat
9gr of Carbs

2---Packets of Tuna=120cals---24gr of Protein--0gr of Fat
0g of Carbs

1---Protein Bar=270cals---20gr of Protein---8gr of Fat---
30gr of Carbs...

1---Packet Oatmeal=160cals---7gr of Protein---29gr of Carbs

2---Chicken Baked/Grilled Breasts=??? I'll get those numbers tomorrow...

Totals:

Calories: 1216

Fat: 21

Carbs: 68

Protein: 195

Now, sometimes I'll have an Emerald City Smoothie which consists of 400cals/8gr-fat/60gr protein.... Or I'll also have salads and the like... I understand that my calories are pretty low and I would think that I would be loosing weight this way... Are my above numbers really that BAD??? The diet part of my training is my worst and most mis-understood, but at least I can admit that...

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, going to need more info.
What are your stats?
What is your workout schedule?
Oh, and how are you not starving on this diet? There is almost no whole food in it!!!
KG

01yz426

01yz426

Awards
Ok, going to need more info.
What are your stats?
What is your workout schedule?
Oh, and how are you not starving on this diet? There is almost no whole food in it!!!
KG
Stats:

Sex: Male

Ht: 5'10"

Wt: 233

My workout schedule is:

Mon---Shoulders---1hr of cardio

Tues---Legs---1hr of cardio

Wed---Rest day

Thur---Chest---1hr of cardio

Fri---Bi's/Tri's---1hr of cardio

Sat---Back---1hr of cardio

Cardio consists of 25min of elliptical w/5min cooldown followed by 25min on the mill walking @ 3.5mph @15% incline...

Weight workouts usually last about 1-1.5 hrs... I'm actually not sure why I'm not starving or loosing muscle mass on this diet but I just don't EVER eat that much... I have pretty good muscle size and strength but also packing extra fat, I'd estimate at about 20-30% BF, so basically i'm big but without much definition.... I work the night shift from 8pm to 6:30am S-M-T-W and have T-F-Sat off, so I usually sleep from 7:30am to 3:00pm then go workout... Actually at work now, gotta go but thanks for trying to help...

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
While most are going to scream to increase cals, what you have now is not inherently bad...at your bodyfat. To some degree its basically similar to Lyle McDonald's PSMF diet, which will work since you have significantly higher bodyfat levels.

Still, if you are NOT losing weight, it means something is wrong....my guess would be your thyroid. Also, with the amount of training you are doing, I dont know how you are not overtraining, especially on the calories you are eating.

So the question is, are you consistenly losing weight? how do you feel? how is your libido, muscle recovery, sanity?
Now if your bodyfat is say 15-18% or less, I would DRASTICALLY change your diet.

Give us more feedback and we can help. 2 things I would add right away would be some fish oil (for essential fatty acids) and some sesamin. Fish oil at 5 grams a day, sesamin at usual dosing. And some more fiber. Also, I dont like the smoothie or especially the protein bar. And try to get you protein up to 1x your bodyweight or even a little higher.

01yz426

01yz426

Awards
While most are going to scream to increase cals, what you have now is not inherently bad...at your bodyfat. To some degree its basically similar to Lyle McDonald's PSMF diet, which will work since you have significantly higher bodyfat levels.

Still, if you are NOT losing weight, it means something is wrong....my guess would be your thyroid. Also, with the amount of training you are doing, I dont know how you are not overtraining, especially on the calories you are eating.

So the question is, are you consistenly losing weight? how do you feel? how is your libido, muscle recovery, sanity?
Now if your bodyfat is say 15-18% or less, I would DRASTICALLY change your diet.

Give us more feedback and we can help. 2 things I would add right away would be some fish oil (for essential fatty acids) and some sesamin. Fish oil at 5 grams a day, sesamin at usual dosing. And some more fiber. Also, I dont like the smoothie or especially the protein bar. And try to get you protein up to 1x your bodyweight or even a little higher.

I don't see anything wrong with the smoothie... It's low fat and has 60+grams of Protein, and their GOOD...

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I don't see anything wrong with the smoothie... It's low fat and has 60+grams of Protein, and their GOOD...

They are loaded with sugar (most likely) and so is your protein bar. You want your carbs to come from complex sources with a low GI.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I'd try mixing in some more Green Veggies like Broccoli, green beans. You may also want to get some natty pb.