John Berardi's Get Shredded Diet - AnabolicMinds.com

John Berardi's Get Shredded Diet

1. ktw
    Advanced Member

John Berardi's Get Shredded Diet

Testosterone Nation - The Get Shredded Diet

My bb'er friend referred this to me after I asked him how he was getting so damn lean. Kinda lame cuz I just finished my 8 week diet. Would love to see someone use this with some IGF or Superdrol, or both, that would be some ridiculous shreddage.

2. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry...not even the same guys in the before and after shots.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

the before and after shot doesn't even have anything to do with the article...
    •   

4. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dave Tate Before - 18-20% bodyfat

This physique was accomplished with lots of hard, heavy lifting, but really poor food choices

Dave Tate After - 8-10% bodyfat

This physique was accomplished with lots of hard and heavy training and very smart food choices (no extreme dieting here). If you want to learn the system that Dave used to make this transformation, check out Precision Nutrition (steroids not included)
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Dave Tate Before - 18-20% bodyfat

This physique was accomplished with lots of hard, heavy lifting, but really poor food choices

Dave Tate After - 8-10% bodyfat

This physique was accomplished with lots of hard and heavy training and very smart food choices (no extreme dieting here). If you want to learn the system that Dave used to make this transformation, check out Precision Nutrition (steroids not included)
    I think I accidentally sounded as though I was disregarding your post B, what I meant was that the first section of the article with the pics is nothing more than a plug for his diet program and didn't have much (if anything) to do with the article.
  6. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

You are right, those pics (bogus or not) were not in support of the article.

The article goes on to state a calorie and macro guideline that is not so unique or innovative by any means. But I guess it helps many who need it.
  7. ktw
    Advanced Member

I just posted it because it lays out a very easy way to cut fat, a lot easier for noobs to start off with than trying to piece information together from tons of different people that often interject their own personal expierence into diet philosophy, which might not work for the average person.

Berardi is full of himself, but I think that the article is helpful for a lot of people that have no experience with this type of diet.
  8. ktw
    Advanced Member

And yes, it is the same guy, check out his log on EliteFTS - Superior Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers where the pics were origonally posted, Tate is no joke.
  9. New Member

For the love of god it's a low calorie atkins diet. If you are a bodybuilder and dont know that low carbs plus low cals = less fat you should be shot.

I also love how you must use the brand HOTROX...wonder how much they paid him for that...
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Berardi is full of himself, but I think that the article is helpful for a lot of people that have no experience with this type of diet.

Yep just another collage of current diet ideas with an 'extreme' spin on it ('only do this diet once every 104 weeks!'). IMO that diet looks like a recipe for muscle loss.

Gotta love all the Biotest supp recomendations.
  11. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

ktw,

We have a nutrition section here for you use to get any and all advise you need. Like i said it is not a novel concept. 10XBW, Low GI carbs and quality fats.

He is a simple version that I have used:

Can of tuna or chicken, 8oz frozen broccoli/cualiflower, 1-2tbsp EVOO, 4 f/o caps. Repeat as required.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox

Yep just another collage of current diet ideas with an 'extreme' spin on it ('only do this diet once every 104 weeks!'). IMO that diet looks like a recipe for muscle loss.

Gotta love all the Biotest supp recomendations.
    Yes indeed. You need to drop carbs but depending on how big you are you need lots of protein to maintain LBM (and thereby indirectly burn more cals). When dieting down from 280 to 234 for a show my protein intake was no less than 400-450 g per day and even then I thought it wasnt enough. Carbs went anywhere from 50-100 for 4 days, then 400 for a day, then back down. It let me experiment and see what carb load filled me up enough to let me look full, but not bloated. I also like setting it up so my hi carb day is the day prior to leg training
  13. ktw
    Advanced Member

I never said it was a crazy idea, stop with all the negative crap towards me, I thought this thread would help newer people learn the concept behind low carb dieting.

Only morons would buy all the spin and supplement crap.

Also, T-Nation is owned by Biotest, why would you expect anything different? You think I would reccomend following their reccomendations? Hell no, just useful advice for first timers that always post obvious diet questions.

Everyone needs to calm down about this.
  14. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    I never said it was a crazy idea, stop with all the negative crap towards me, I thought this thread would help newer people learn the concept behind low carb dieting.

Only morons would buy all the spin and supplement crap.

Also, T-Nation is owned by Biotest, why would you expect anything different? You think I would reccomend following their reccomendations? Hell no, just useful advice for first timers that always post obvious diet questions.

Everyone needs to calm down about this.
    You are very correct sir. Please accept an apology on my behalf. Guys, give it a break.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Noob needs help with CKD Diet-want to get shredded
    By Trekofstarsx in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 06:04 AM
  2. My version of the get shredded diet
    By jjschube in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 03:27 PM
  3. is this a bulking diet or a shredding diet?
    By iwinulose2980 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 12:49 PM
  4. cycle to get shredded?
    By psywzrd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:20 AM
  5. getting shredded cycle
    By superman12345 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 06:58 PM