Anyone done the dunk tank for bodyfat %?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
This mobile hydrostatic bf testing is coming to my gym in a few weeks: http://www.bodyfattest.com/

Has anyone done it before? They charge $49. Seems kinda steep, but I don't trust any other methods as they seem to be all over the place. Tanita scales are a joke, and there seems to be a huge margin of error with calipers. Is it worth it?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
$49 bucks is cheap dude. They used to price that test waaay higher.

Either way, I do not want to spend $49 to be told bad news. lol

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Do you live near a major university?
A lot of them have the Bod-Pods or other equipment which are accurate..... school near me sometimes does free testing as part of studies, and otherwise they have open times a few times a year where you can have a test done for $20.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
It's good to do in order to verify how close you come with calipers IMO.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Do you live near a major university?
A lot of them have the Bod-Pods or other equipment which are accurate..... school near me sometimes does free testing as part of studies, and otherwise they have open times a few times a year where you can have a test done for $20.
Yeah, I live near Boston University, BC, Harvard, Tufts, Northeastern, etc. In which dept. within the university should I look for this?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
In ours, its Exercise Science. They have a section called the human performance lab, where they study well...... human performance :)

Always doing tons of studies..... and paying the participants too half the time!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I can't imagine my little university (Ball State) would have the equipment and the big ones there wouldn't....

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wish I could get paid for human performance testing.....

I might even skew the results slightly... :cool:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
JB has done this before I remember correctly. I remember him telling me that BV's test he put up on here was pretty accurate to the to Pod.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I operate the hydrostatic weighing tank at our school. We also have a DEXA machine....Dexa is now considered the most precise way of measuring one's bf%. One thing I'll definately say is get used to dunking your entire head underwater. Most ppl think it's cake, but have trouble commiting themselves to dunking their heads, and expelling all of the air they can from their bodies.

trashydiva24

trashydiva24

Awards
i did my first dunk three days ago... damn that was hard!!! blowing out all the air in your lungs is hard and scary... but the info i got was worth it!!!!

do it - you will not regret spending the $40

Rampage... what is DEXA??? thanks - i love my Throwdown boy Dean Lister

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Dual Energy X-Ray Apsometry (sp) basically it hits ya with a low grade x-ray...and the program does the rest. You lay on a table under a x-ray like machine, and the table moves up and down to map the body, and slightly to the left and right. It's kinda like a cat scan without the tube.