Burn the Fat feed the muscle?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Anybody read this book by Tom Venuto? Looks interesting buy really self-hyped, just wondering if anybody has any comments on it.

Thanks

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Bump: Nobody's seen this? Surely someone has read it, just wondering if it's the same old info regergetated or if he actually has created something useful.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I'm also curious, but I've never even heard of it before I read this thread.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've seen the book before. It was at my uncle's house. The health food people are into it.
Ya know the one's that sit at the juice bar and eat wheat grass and never touch PHs etc.

Blatino

Awards
I've read it and it has some useful info on diet/nutrition(low glycemic index foods, clean proteins, meal frequency, recipes, good fats vs bad fats,), body fat/composition, exercise, some scientific details, metabolic individuality/body type etc.
A lot of the info can be found elsewhere, but it might be useful if you want to have an easy reference to such info.
Basically, like most such books, you take what you want from it and add that to your existing diet/training regime. Not for hardcore bodybuilders and not "supplement" friendly.
Hope this helps.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
I have it and it's not too bad, but like everyone else said it can be found elsewhere, the ebook used to be on this site. It was taken down though I think. You can find it all over the internet though.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Basso, check out his site: Fat Loss - All Natural Bodybuilding - Drug Free Bodybuilding

He definitely has some good ideas...or should I say, he advocates research based methods. I get his newsletter. I usually don't find anything too interesting, a lot of motivational stuff and drug bashing. A recent one featured Tom ranting about a guy who one a natural bodybuilding comp, and then was smoking outside. Tom is so pro-natural BB, and yet many who compete as naturals are lying. If he is natural, more power to him, b/c he has an incredible physique.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Basso, check out his site: Fat Loss - All Natural Bodybuilding - Drug Free Bodybuilding

He definitely has some good ideas...or should I say, he advocates research based methods. I get his newsletter. I usually don't find anything too interesting, a lot of motivational stuff and drug bashing. A recent one featured Tom ranting about a guy who one a natural bodybuilding comp, and then was smoking outside. Tom is so pro-natural BB, and yet many who compete as naturals are lying. If he is natural, more power to him, b/c he has an incredible physique.
Thanks, that is where I saw it and sounded interesting but as with anything that is self-hyped that much I err on the side of extreme caution. The thing I found interesting was for all his bashing of mags, supp companies etc. he was doing the exact same thing for his book. I think I'll leave this one alone, thanks for the inputs!

16vt

Awards
I have Tom's ebook and I think it's pretty good.

It's not that self hyping or bashing. It just shows that it's not all about the supplements. You can succeed without them.

I've had the most success using his methods when it came to losing weight.

Worth a shot in my opinion.

:)

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I have Tom's ebook and I think it's pretty good.

It's not that self hyping or bashing. It just shows that it's not all about the supplements. You can succeed without them.

I've had the most success using his methods when it came to losing weight.

Worth a shot in my opinion.

:)
I wasn't speaking of the book itself just the advertising, do you think it reveals safely guarded secrets of the pros? I found the advertising very interesting and it peaked my interest, that is why I asked about it. Typically though I am disappointed by what is presented. Max-OT is a perfect example (except that it's free Thank God) He spent 20 pages on how effective his program was, then when I finally got to the program it was the same thing I was doing 15 years ago combined with what I did 10 years ago, etc. Heck yeh it works we've been doing it for years in the PLing world. Glad I didn't pay for it. I just don't like spending 39.95 and getting 5.95 worth of material.