Is my weight loss/low carb diet APPALLING?

ZoMbSta

Awards
ermm..this is bad...just tried the fitday a/c and it shows that i have onli eaten a little over 1500cals a day and my activity level is have caused me to expend 2800cals..that means i have under eaten over 1600cals??!?!

:wtf:

i'm trying to achieve the dream 6 packs and its kinda scary that i hav onli consume abt half my daily energy usage...not sure am i doing it right?...how can i use up 2800cals a day when all i do is go gym for an hour a day and watch tv the rest of the day to use up that much?

i think i need lots of help here....anybody got any idea wats going on here?i fear i may have miscalculated my energy expenditure...here's my nutrition breakdown for the day...

carbs/protein/fats
61/200/58

hmm....i have a one day cardio one weights training routine for 6 days week...cardio is done HIIT style and weights done Max-OT style....muscle size have not changed but i'm scared that it might if i'm not doing the right time...

advise anybody?

:edit: oh...my supplements consist of protein shakes daily and CEE on weight training days....taking no fat burners at the moment...

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
What are your stats? Age, Height, Weight, etc.

Also check out this thread http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/47872-basal-metabolic-rate-calculator.html?highlight=bmr+calculator to calculate your BMR. Then add in whatever physical activities you performed for the day to that number. Me for example, I'm 6'2 185 pounds and 20 years old, with a BMR of 2007. If I weight lift for an hour, and do stationary bike for 30 min, that puts my expenditures up to about 3,000 calories for the day.

Since you're trying to get a six-pack, I'm assuming your cutting, so subtract 500-1000 calories from your total expenditures and thats how many calories you should be taking in depending on how rapid you want to lose weight. Hope that helps a little. :D

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ermm..this is bad...just tried the fitday a/c and it shows that i have onli eaten a little over 1500cals a day and my activity level is have caused me to expend 2800cals..that means i have under eaten over 1600cals??!?!

:wtf:

i'm trying to achieve the dream 6 packs and its kinda scary that i hav onli consume abt half my daily energy usage...not sure am i doing it right?...how can i use up 2800cals a day when all i do is go gym for an hour a day and watch tv the rest of the day to use up that much?

i think i need lots of help here....anybody got any idea wats going on here?i fear i may have miscalculated my energy expenditure...here's my nutrition breakdown for the day...

carbs/protein/fats
61/200/58

hmm....i have a one day cardio one weights training routine for 6 days week...cardio is done HIIT style and weights done Max-OT style....muscle size have not changed but i'm scared that it might if i'm not doing the right time...

advise anybody?

:edit: oh...my supplements consist of protein shakes daily and CEE on weight training days....taking no fat burners at the moment...

I believe fitday is for a 24 period when is says calorie expenditure so take what fit days says you will burn today and divide it by 24 then add that up to the number of hours you've been awake so far. 2800cal a day only comes out to under 120cals an hour.

ZoMbSta

Awards
What are your stats? Age, Height, Weight, etc.

Also check out this thread http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/47872-basal-metabolic-rate-calculator.html?highlight=bmr+calculator to calculate your BMR. Then add in whatever physical activities you performed for the day to that number. Me for example, I'm 6'2 185 pounds and 20 years old, with a BMR of 2007. If I weight lift for an hour, and do stationary bike for 30 min, that puts my expenditures up to about 3,000 calories for the day.

Since you're trying to get a six-pack, I'm assuming your cutting, so subtract 500-1000 calories from your total expenditures and thats how many calories you should be taking in depending on how rapid you want to lose weight. Hope that helps a little. :D
weight = 71.5kg/157lbs
height = 1.7m/5'6"
Age = 21
BMR = 1758

yup...calculated using fitday.com....adding my 1hr workout today to come up to 2800cals a day...that is the minimum cuz i believe cardio will take up more energy...

i am like currently 1300cals deficit...

i wanna lose weight and yup im cutting...but i wanna spare my muscles...as do all cutting ppl do...

i will be doing the 4:1...4 days with carbs lower than 50gms a day and the cheat day i will up my carbs until abt 1gms per pound of body weight...

anything wrong with my direction?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
weight = 71.5kg/157lbs
height = 1.7m/5'6"
Age = 21
BMR = 1758

yup...calculated using fitday.com....adding my 1hr workout today to come up to 2800cals a day...that is the minimum cuz i believe cardio will take up more energy...

i am like currently 1300cals deficit...

i wanna lose weight and yup im cutting...but i wanna spare my muscles...as do all cutting ppl do...

i will be doing the 4:1...4 days with carbs lower than 50gms a day and the cheat day i will up my carbs until abt 1gms per pound of body weight...

anything wrong with my direction?
when cutting I like to stay about 300-500 cals in deficit just figure that in and try and make your meals around 400cal each 6x a days IF you get hungry try filling up on water thats what i do

ZoMbSta

Awards
when cutting I like to stay about 300-500 cals in deficit just figure that in and try and make your meals around 400cal each 6x a days IF you get hungry try filling up on water thats what i do
with 300-500 cals deficit how fast that it takes u to get shredded?..like from a no abs visible stomach to 6 packs clearly visible?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
with 300-500 cals deficit how fast that it takes u to get shredded?..like from a no abs visible stomach to 6 packs clearly visible?

I need to know your bf% first and do you hold more fat in your abs then everywhere else? some people start seeing abs at 15% bf some don't see it even at 12%

ZoMbSta

Awards
most of my fats are in my abs...actually its like 90%...

dont have a calliper with me so i can't realli tell the %...any other way to find out without using a calliper?

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
put in ur specs and u'll find what your approx bf.

I'm in the same boat, ate way to few calories a day, then I posted that I had no energy while working out. I was at about 1800 calories a day, It's hard to imageing losing weight while still eating around 3000 calories, but it seems that the way people that know what there doing do. I'm around 2500 cals a day and I have all the energy in the gym for weights and cardio. I take an pretty good amount of nutritional supplements, but I'm still being told that I'm still low on cals. We want results quick and noticable, it's really not going to happen if you want to keep the weight off and lose it properly. And I don't think watching tv the rest of the day is that great for you. I'm doing mwf weights and t/thur cardio, and on the cardio or the weight days i'm playing tennis or basketball two or three times a week. Keep up with your water as you'll lose a good amount of weight when you body doesn't need to retain as much. And to slim down try to make ur weight time cardio, i'm doing 3 sets of 20 reps with 40 seconds between sets to keep my heart rate up, then do about 6-9 different exercises. It's hard to get everything in line, but with everything you have to try and see what works for you before you know what to do, just like everything else practice along with some guidance will have great results. Oh and by a tape to see what each part of your body is, and that will let you know what to work on the most, everything for me was within 25% of spec accept for my waist.

It's going to happen, as long as you keep being consistent, i've read people cut for 6 months plus if not more so that might make 3000 calories a day make more sense as you are in for the long hall.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
it's been a while, wrist size is big i'm pretty sure let me look around.

ZoMbSta

Awards
thanks a million kam!!!

using the calculator, i calculated that my bodyfat is 13.8%...near to the estimated 14% i mentioned..so what next?

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
it's going to get pretty hard after this. I'm fighting being at 200 pounds again and I'm probably around 18% bf.

Just work on spreading out your meals, eating clean, drinking tons of water, and add a little more cardio to ur workout if you wanta keep going. Or it's time for the roids... lol

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
After a review if u saw my post it doesn't look like either one is that correct, so it looks like just go off how you look and feel. I even try to stay away from the scale, but i just broke 200 and i'm seeing if i am staying under. I'm about 25% transformed as everything is firm for the most part, little gut, but start to see some abs(not really) and my ribs when doing chest. supposdly i'm around 27%bf 200 with 7.5 wrist and 5'9, the two calcs said 13% and 25%. so I don't know, maybe a fat caliper would be the way to go for those.

If your dieting and exercising your doing ur job, and will lose fat that's it.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
that online calc told me I was 11%. I know I am at around 12.5% with calipers. I guess its fairly close. You can see my abs though, 6 pack pretty clear when flexed.