Pre-Workout more important than Post Workout? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Pre-Workout more important than Post Workout?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member

alan great to see you hear, i cant wait for your new article, based on your recent posts it looks like its going to concentrate on timing alot more than GI/composition

damn i cant wait for it!!!

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Dieticians go into cardiac arrest over many words. They are a tightly wound group
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Board Supporter

Talking

mmmm krispy kremes...
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Dieticians go into cardiac arrest over many words. They are a tightly wound group
    taffer - i will try to bury the bases, that is of course until the next round of studies forces us to revise our perceptions.

bobo - that's very true man.. you should see those gals cut loose at a bar!
  5. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT

For what it's worth, pre-workout nutrition got me past a plateau during my last bulk, and I'm sure it will again. I also switched to LOW-GI, with lean results.
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Good to hear.

If it did that, its worth a lot
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. New Member

Damn good reading.
  8. Advanced Member

Zeppelin: I've been aware of the free form eaa thing for a while now, but besides the product you've got coming out and bcaa's, is there anyone who even sells eaa's?
    PRD makes a product called nitromine, which is free form aminos. The cheapest I have seen it for was 45.00 though. Then there is the bcaa and glutamine drink mixes.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Vendetta.
  10. Registered User

Well, ICE is their pure-BCAA mix. Vendetta has some sugars tossed in.

So it depends what you need with the BCAAs and if you're taking it with anything (CHO) already.

I've used ICE, though. A little grainy and it didn't mix well, but a decent taste (fruit punch)
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I would shoot for free form amino's pre-workout. Thats why I recommend Vendetta. ICE is a very good produict as well.
  12. New Member

I have been using this for around 10 months now.

2 servings nitrojet
    2 scoops ice
    1 or 2 tbsp sucrose
    2 to 4 tbsp dextrose
    2-3 grams l-tyrosine pre only

I use this one hour preworkout and during workout.
    Post workout is one scoops whey and a bowl of frosted mini wheats mmmmmm

I used to use vendetta but I dropped in favor of nitrojet.Price wise they are the same. $25 for 35 servings nitro or $30 for 20 vendetta. Most people need to take 2 servings at a time of nitro.

Why I chose nitro was it has extras that vendetta does not. 2nd your can vary the amount of carbs you want to your liking.
  13. Board Supporter

Interesting stuff Gentleman!
  14. New Member

hi guys, not to hijakc this thread but where can I read alan's articles? I googled and just found a pciture of him looking all mean holding some body fat calipers and some references to bb.com.

thx
    J

Wow, a whole 6 people to back that study up!

THis is an idea that zeppelin informed me of and I was really interested in this concept. It would easily fit into the Low GI post workout timing also.

Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise.

Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Owens-Stovall SK, Petrini BE, Wolfe RR.

Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA. ktipton@utmb.edu

The present study was designed to determine whether consumption of an oral essential amino acid-carbohydrate supplement (EAC) before exercise results in a greater anabolic response than supplementation after resistance exercise. Six healthy human subjects participated in two trials in random order, PRE (EAC consumed immediately before exercise), and POST (EAC consumed immediately after exercise). A primed, continuous infusion of L-[ring-(2)H(5)]phenylalanine, femoral arteriovenous catheterization, and muscle biopsies from the vastus lateralis were used to determine phenylalanine concentrations, enrichments, and net uptake across the leg. Blood and muscle phenylalanine concentrations were increased by approximately 130% after drink consumption in both trials. Amino acid delivery to the leg was increased during exercise and remained elevated for the 2 h after exercise in both trials. Delivery of amino acids (amino acid concentration times blood flow) was significantly greater in PRE than in POST during the exercise bout and in the 1st h after exercise (P < 0.05). Total net phenylalanine uptake across the leg was greater (P = 0.0002) during PRE (209 +/- 42 mg) than during POST (81 +/- 19). Phenylalanine disappearance rate, an indicator of muscle protein synthesis from blood amino acids, increased after EAC consumption in both trials. These results indicate that the response of net muscle protein synthesis to consumption of an EAC solution immediately before resistance exercise is greater than that when the solution is consumed after exercise, primarily because of an increase in muscle protein synthesis as a result of increased delivery of amino acids to the leg.

Publication Types:
    Clinical Trial

Say bye bye to your N-large II junk....
  16. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan3482
    If you insist on criticizing studies that don't meet your criteria, I suggest you find a new subject to study. The nutrional field is BASED on inconsistent data. WIth your whole 22 years of experience I can tell you havne't seen this yet. Obviously you havent studied this long enough or the name "Tipton" should have let you know.

I can see you don't look outside the box.

I study Nutrition at Syracuse University and am 1 semester away from having a B.S. in dietetics, and judging from your posts, you obviously don't have a clue, because if you did, you wouldn't be drawing erroneous conclusions. Seriously...Take a class in research and evaluation methods in nutrition A.S.A.P

If you insist on criticizing studies that don't meet your criteria, I suggest you find a new subject to study. The nutrional field is BASED on inconsistent data. WIth your whole 22 years of experience I can tell you havne't seen this yet. Obviously you havent studied this long enough or the name "Tipton" should have let you know.

I can see you don't look outside the box.
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I study Nutrition at Syracuse University and am 1 semester away from having a B.S. in dietetics, and judging from your posts, you obviously don't have a clue, because if you did, you wouldn't be drawing erroneous conclusions. Seriously...Take a class in research and evaluation methods in nutrition A.S.A.P
    Only a B.S.?

Keep studying and maybe you will be at my level.

Maybe when you actually get your degree then apply it to competitive bodybuilders you will be at my level. Until then you are just another cocky undergrad without a degree.

The simple fact you didn't know who Tipton and criticized his methods shows how clueless you are. Why don''t you criticize Ivy as well.
  19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

you obviously don't have a clue, because if you did, you wouldn't be drawing erroneous conclusions. Seriously...Take a class in research and evaluation methods in nutrition A.S.A.P
    This is the funniest part of your post because Tiptin himself came to this conclusion. If you study nutrition then you would have realized that Tipton wrote the book on pre, during, post exercise nutrition and is referenced in every major study on the subject.

Put the beer down, stop going to the frat parties, pick up a book and realize you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.
  20. New Member

7 BTW

I suggest you look around the board and read some of bobos posts before jumping to conclusions.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Damn...this is a good 'ol thread and I suggest ppl start reading it

BUMP for the hungry minds at AM.com

This has me thinking...between this and another post by brooklyn juice, I'm looking into a BCAA / ALCAR During workout mix....

Alcar 3 x day total (1 during WO)
    BCAA (during and PWO)

Hmmm..........now to figure out dosing
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Damn...this is a good 'ol thread and I suggest ppl start reading it

BUMP for the hungry minds at AM.com
    Wow, great minds think alike.

Anybody got any pre-workout nutrition recipes they'd like to share? I'm still trying to figure out how much of what stuff I should be eating, and when I should eat it. I'll keep on searching and post any discoveries I make here --- it would be nice if others chimed in and we had something approaching a reference point thread for all things pre-workout.
  23. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

lately i've been having 1/2 a Gatorade, 3 scoops of a protein blend & 20g of creatine 1 hour before a w/o.

15 minutes before i have 10-15g of taurine.

sensational pumps!!!!!!!

actually post w/o is exactly the same thing but with pure whey isolate.

Jag
  24. Board Supporter

Bump - Definitely a good read, I've been eating mainly fruit (bananas, oranges) pre-workout, but I'm going to try 3 scrambled egg whites with cheese along with 6 oz. chicken breast chopped up in the eggs for a while, and see if I notice any improved strength, energy, etc.

I think someone should try this and keep a log... Wouldn't be anything revolutionary or anything, but I think it would be a nice read if it was done by someone who could keep a really good log
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

bumping a good read...

having recently switched from lifting right after I wake to lifting in the evenings after work, I'm still playing around with pre/post workout nutrition and timing
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How important is post workout protein?
    By drvinnybombat in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 09:23 PM
  2. gms on non workout days and/or post workout?
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 01:02 AM
  3. Truth is more important than party
    By INFOHAZARD in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
  4. Pre vs. Post w/o drink, Pre is more important!!!
    By fiddler in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 07:31 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 11:24 PM