New Post-WO shake recipe.

RippedUp

Awards
I posted this one on bb.com, but if you haven't seen it, here goes again.

For those following the wholesome/low GI carbs for post-WO nutrition, here's a new recipe.

I personally never tried it, as I'd rather eat my carbs than drink them - but I am sure that apart from being good for you, this shake would also taste great.

So here you go;

- Bake (or boil) a few sweet potatoes or yams until they are cooked, and stick them in the fridge.

The Recipe.

Put in a heavy-duty blender  ;)

- Sweet potato/Yam (quantity dependent on number of cabs wanted)
- Vanilla protein powder
- Cinnamon
- Added sweetener (optional)
- Water or milk (dependent on whether post-WO or other)
- Ice cubes

- Blend
- Drink (or eat as a pudding)

Voilà!

You can experiment with other flavors etc. Just be creative.

Thanks.

:)

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
definitely kickass Ripped, good stuff... and yeah, it does taste awesome... I like tons of cinammon though, a little vanilla extract and even a sprinkle of ground clove... I like experimenting with this ****, and to me after all that stuff it tastes like pumpkin pie (which is not a bad thing)

pinoy

Awards
biggin, does your vanilla extract have sugar in the ingredients? when i went to go buy some, all of them had sugar :(

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
RippedUp, I was trying to quote you, and accidentally hit edit and deleted the post where you said your first language is French. Sorry, bro. Anyway I thought you were from Lebanon.

BTW, good post; an interesting recipe.

pinoy

Awards
for the people who take low gi post wo shakes, do you guys still have a meal 1 hour later?

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
Originally posted by RippedUp

I am.
Just like Zidane no? From Lebanon and French.

P.S. I bet a lot of you should be wondering who he is :D.

RippedUp

Awards
No, Zidane is from some old French colony (Algeria/Morocco etc. not sure) and French.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to give that recipe a try...

I don't know why, but half of the text from the first line is in white, and it can't be read...at the moment all you can read is "Bake (or boil) a " I highlighted that line, which i how I realized there's more to it...