Need some advice on diet

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i'm down to 270lbs right now but i still wanna get way leaner, i was 281lbs and went down to 265lbs but i gained a little mass so now i'm at 270lbs around 14% bf or so, well i ran outta tren a while ago and i'm wondering if i need to lower calories even lower now because that stuff had me sweating like a pig. So here is that thing I'm doing DC training now with 45minutes of cardio on my off days and 30 minutes postwork on my upper body days, so 4 days a week i'm doing cardio. I'm eating 2650 calories 300g's protein 232 carbs, 60g's fat. Well i'm not losing anymore fat right now, so you think i should slowly drop my calories down or what?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
At your weight, and with those calories, along with the amount of cardio your doing, you should be losing weight. If you have been taking in the same amount of calories for a significant time period, it might be time to switch it up and actually have a refeed day or a cheat day.

After a prolonged period of time, your body starts to adjust to your cal intake, and then you plateau like you have.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Well i JUST like yesterday switched from a 40/40/20 split and ya i do have cheat days, i also lowered calories by 50calories/day, so maybe i just need to be patient now. I've been goin at this for 10 weeks now. I look like i've dropped around 15lbs of fat, which i'm happy about, just wanna get even leaner. It's all on my sides and stomach pretty much, my back and legs are getting really lean and seperated. I will be testing out USP Labs new burner for them so i'm sure that'll help alot. Should i maybe try dropping carbs down another 5% so i'm doing a 50/30/20 split? The only thing about that is DC training IS demanding. I'm also going to be coming off of Test Prop in a couple days and on pct do keep that inmind as well.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I would keep the carbs where they are at and just be patient. :D

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Actually looks like you carbs are @ ~35% of total caloric intake. Consider splitting up you training day by doing some low to moderate intensity morning cardio on workout days.

Are you taking any AAS?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Yes i realize my carbs at at 35% and ya like i mentioned above i'm o 600mg of test Prop/week but i've got only a couple days left, so it'll be ohhhh naturelle wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhy :aargh: , lol.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya i dunk i think your right, thanx guys.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I keep forgetting that most people on the board put the macronutrient ratio % in the wrong order s/b C/P/F.

:p missed the Test Prop

I wouldn't drop the kcals anymore considering your stats. I would actually start increasing kcals slowly considering the impending finish to your cycle, don't want to be in too much of a calorie deficit when you discontinue the anabolics.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya that's what i'm thinking of, damn i miss the Tren, lol. I found out it was REALLY underdoses at 30mg/ml instead of 75mg:nono: , but it still worked wonders.

FLgator

Awards
I cycle my carbs when having trouble leaning out 3 low days 1high. Don't know if that would have a negative affect with the test cycle. Propinate hurts huh?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Not really i'm using QV prop i got a whole bunch from my source literally right before QV got shut down and it's nice n smooth, i did shoot calfs and that was intense pain, walking hurt, lol.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that you should just be patient Chaps. I am not a big fan of Keto or carb cycling diets, I think there is more muscle to be spared with adequate fat loss in just a calorie reduced environment. I am just throwing this out there, but it is a possiblity you may not be eating enough to lose weight if that makes sense. As in your body is going into survival mode so to speak and is storing what you are putting in. Just a thought.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Well this is my first time doing like a full out cut so it's all a learning experience for me. I had a cheat meal tonight, some ice cream, fries and onion rings. I'm also taking 2 caps of Lipo 6 in the morning but i can step that up and take more. And Mullet you may have a point. Damn it why do our bodys have to act so weird with dieting! I know it's how we have evolved so we don't starve so we can use fat for energy only when necessary but it's a pain in the ass, lol. Well i'll wait it out and see how things go.

FLgator

Awards
Funny how we try to better our physiques and our body fights it the whole time. The ice cream and onion rings should definatly jolt the metabolisim but.. i think cycling your carbs would help. Think about how many carbs you added with the ice cream. Just a thought good luck bro.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I didn't see it, but are you tailoring your intake to your expenditures. I am a very firm believer that this contributes greatly to maintaining a high level of anabolism and keeping of fat. By keeping your kcals the same daily, you may only be overshooting your expenditures by 100kcals daily, but that adds up to 700kcals a week, which is not conducive to losing weight.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Any body have a link to a calculator for daily caloric expenditure?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
It's estimating that i burn 3715 calories a day and that's with my activity level set at seated work, so not much activity. So maybe i should bump my calories up to 3000 or so?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I thought..You are a big dude, so I would say 3000 on rest days, 3350-3400 on Squat days. Though if I am not mistaken you are doing the modified DC routine that's popular here. If so, both days are around the same expenditure. So maybe follow the same breakdown. 3100 on Rest Days. 3300-3400 on Lift days.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
No i'm doing regular DC but you know what you brought up a good point that i over looked, on off days my calories were the same as training days, i wasn't looking at how many calories i was burning up through training etc. And ya i've also been slapping on some Transdermal 1-test i had lying around, lol.But my cycle ends tommorow :sad: Ya mullet you gotta try DC my muscles are already looking fuller and rounder, the stretches nuts too. Like my biceps were super pumped then i did a 60 second stretch and they go so pumped it was like all definition was out the window, lol. I'm also in and out in 60 minutes tops which is what i like.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No i'm doing regular DC but you know what you brought up a good point that i over looked, on off days my calories were the same as training days, i wasn't looking at how many calories i was burning up through training etc. And ya i've also been slapping on some Transdermal 1-test i had lying around, lol.But my cycle ends tommorow :sad: Ya mullet you gotta try DC my muscles are already looking fuller and rounder, the stretches nuts too. Like my biceps were super pumped then i did a 60 second stretch and they go so pumped it was like all definition was out the window, lol. I'm also in and out in 60 minutes tops which is what i like.
I actually just switched from a DC based routine to a more conventional split. I liked it alot, but my arms were lagging viscously.

And yeah, intake vs. expenditures is a huge thing.