Too much cardio??

1. Too much cardio??

My new job involves walking about 5-6 miles per day. It's great constant slow paced cardio. I've lost about 4 lbs. in 10 days. Even though i've lost weight, I can tell it's mostly muscle and I'm becoming somewhat flabby. How do I prevent this so I will be burning fat instead of my muscle?

2. if your heartrate is under 40% VO2 max you should be losing fat not muscle maybe you should get yourself a portable hr monitor to keep track

3. Increase your caloric intake (carbohydreates--protein sparing macronutrients are essential in this case). I'd say up your daily kcals about 300kcals. Low intensity walking shouldn't be too horrendous on you unless your pretty ectomorphic.
    •   

4. If your truely "walking", I highly doubt your losing muscle. What's your diet and stats look like? Maybe if you were like less than 9% bf and doing that, I'd be concerned, but like I said, walking doesn't hurt anyone and if you say you lost weight, I'd bet anything it was fat/water.

5. Probably glycogen depletion and looking flat. Up the carbs.

6. I agree with these fellas unless you're starving yourself you should still be losing fat over muscle.
  7. Exclamation

Up the carbs, like the others said it's probably glycogen depletion. I on the other hand, do about 150- 200 miles a week on my bike during the summer. I eat about 5000 cals, give or take and I'll still drop about 25 lbs by September.
    ROB

8. I would like to know what job consists of walking 5-6 miles a day!!!!

Chances are you are not eating properly, often enough. Maybe you have a stressful job and put meals aside to get work done? You can always drink a shake while your walking

9. Probably some kind of security.

10. my diet is pretty ****ty because i am constantly busy and i eat a breakfast at 730 am then lunch at about 2pm and then dinner later in the day..thats basically all i have time for. I will make the effort to eat more during the day, but what kind of carbs should i be eating?

11. an idea would be to make breakfest burritos with some egg whites onion and cheese and wrap them in tin foil, there good warm or cold and it's a great source of protein.

Yeah you should concentrate on your diet right now, as i've read a bunch of articles on here saying that walking is one of the best weight loss things to do.

Good luck, it'll take some time to get in rythm and find a eating schedule that works for you. And keep up with the water and a good multi.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Did too much cardio
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
  3. Too much cardio on clen?
    By fenix91 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 02:13 AM
  4. how much is too much....cardio stuffs.
    By rawfeels in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:18 PM
  5. Too much cardio?
    By IC_BigGains in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:59 AM