Another Splenda Question

gell

Awards
Hi, sorry I haven't seen this question addressed yet. On the individual packets of splenda, like the ones you find on the table at restaurants, the ingredients list Dextrose, Maltodextrin, and Sucralose. I also noticed on my big giant bag of splenda at home that the ingredients on it list Maltodextrin and Sucralose. Why are these ingredients different? And most importantly, does the dextrose and maltodextrin affect those of us who are trying to maintain a steady blood sugar throughout the day? I use splenda everyday, and i just noticed this.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Splenda uses fillers to make it measurable like sugar.

gell

Awards
Thanks Mass, that's a great thread there. I really do think now that all the trouble I've had over the last couple of years trying to reach the elusive sub 10 percent bodyfat range was due in part to me using lots of splenda :blink:

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Me too! I know there is underlying debate that its no big deal; 1/2/cup of splenda is ~50cals. But I'm now convinced its the glycemic LOAD thats more critical than the glycemic index.

Thanks Mass, that's a great thread there. I really do think now that all the trouble I've had over the last couple of years trying to reach the elusive sub 10 percent bodyfat range was due in part to me using lots of splenda :blink: