Insulin regulation and fat loss

zachs

Awards
Right now I am cutting, but my question is can anyone explain or provide a link to the correlation between insulin regulation and fat loss for me. I currently take a protein shake w/ dextrose prior to my workout, then another protein shake w/ creatine and dextrose after my workout.

How much is this hindering my fat loss process. I am about 14-15% bf right now trying to get sub 10 soon...

Thanks

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Right now I am cutting, but my question is can anyone explain or provide a link to the correlation between insulin regulation and fat loss for me. I currently take a protein shake w/ dextrose prior to my workout, then another protein shake w/ creatine and dextrose after my workout.

How much is this hindering my fat loss process. I am about 14-15% bf right now trying to get sub 10 soon...

Thanks
Check another thread about BCAA supplementation in Anabolic Innovations forum. For intense exercise you wont be burning much fat... glycogen will be your bodies fuel of choice, thus shake will only provide more energy for you and is a good idea. If you are doing low intensity cardio then I would nix the shake. Do AM cardio on empty stomach for best results.
cc

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/19216-bobo-your-thoughts.html?highlight=insulin+regulation
that is a great thread discussing your question at hand.

there is no need to be taking dextrose pre workout or post. I wont go into too much detail because Bobo's explanation on the subject in the above link is exactly what I would be trying to say.
Good post. I missed the dextrose comment... a lower GI carb will serve the same purpose and less likely to be stored as fat.
cc