Revised Diet... Please Critique.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
AFter planning upon planning upon planning, I think I have come up with a base diet plan. With some help from rage I think I can work with this plan to drop some weight and bodyfat. Not going to use any supps for awhile, I want to see how my body responds to this cal intake(which I think is pretty high). Here's the plan:

Meal One: 7:00am = 1 cup of oats with skim milk, 6 egg whites,
346cals… 3fat… 40carb… 39protein

Meal Two 10:00am - 2 cups salad(includes tomatoes, carrots, grilled chicken or turkey)4Tsps of Ranch Dressing(probably fat free)+ 10 chicken breast or turkey breast, or lean beef.
670cals…3fat…25carb…106protein

Meal Three 12:30pm – 1 cup of oats in skim milk + 1 cup of almonds.PWO
1184cals…89fat…65carb…48protein

Meal Four 4:00pm – 2 cups of Broccoli + 10oz chicken breast + 2scoops of ON or GF pro.
781cals…14fat…25carb…143protein

Meal Five 7:00pm – Turkey Sub with lettuce tomatoes and pickles from subway or 4 whole wheat slices of bread with turkey breast…
363cals…6fat…52carb…28protein

Meal Six 10:00 pm caseniate or cottage cheese.
163cals…2fat…6carb…28protein

TOTALS: 3507cals…117fat…213carb…392prot

Any inputs welcomed. I will take in 3500 on workout days and 2700 to 3100 on non workout days. I have some Natty PB I could throw in the mix but I will probably just switch it in with the almonds and such. Maybe in meal 4, since it's post workout, I could add in some more carbs like oats. I had originally planned on a high gi carb like white baked potato but took it out because it's an "old school" method. I've also thought about adding in lowfat yogurt but I am open to any suggestions. Just trying to shed some pounds and get leaner. Please critique. Thanks for looking.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's a good start man. You really need to start implementing it and fixing things as you go along according to how your responding to it. If you're so involved with developing a perfect diet you'll be at it forever. This is a good base, but it's all on paper. You need to just take it day by day and adjust from there. The main focus will be how clean your eating is as well as watching your calorie intake before you go to sleep. Good luck bud.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
143g of protein in one sitting? Can you split up the meals a little more?

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
143g of protein in one sitting? Can you split up the meals a little more?

That was my post workout meal. Decided I should up the protein after a lift and cardio. I can put another meal in there if I need too.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
That was my post workout meal. Decided I should up the protein after a lift and cardio. I can put another meal in there if I need too.
Oh I see.

So it's more like this?

PWO shake
about an hour or so
and then meal

Or PWO shake and then 5 minutes later that meal?

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Oh I see.

So it's more like this?

PWO shake
about an hour or so
and then meal

Or PWO shake and then 5 minutes later that meal?

PWO shake right after I get done lifting. I come home( about 20 minute drive) then do cardio which lasts about 30 minutes, then have that meal.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
It's a good start man. You really need to start implementing it and fixing things as you go along according to how your responding to it. If you're so involved with developing a perfect diet you'll be at it forever. This is a good base, but it's all on paper. You need to just take it day by day and adjust from there. The main focus will be how clean your eating is as well as watching your calorie intake before you go to sleep. Good luck bud.

Thanks Rage. Eating clean isn't the problem(except Sat ha!). Getting the meals in is about the only problem. But like you said, it's only on paper, I have to apply it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 16
JoeBowHunter Anabolics 3
Bulking 11
MattRoeske Weight Loss 8
Nutrition / Health 19