Zantac and Gyno?!

Jay Mc

Awards
However, occasional cases of gynecomastia, impotence, and loss of libido have been reported in male patients receiving ranitidine HCl, but the incidence did not differ from that in the general population.
Sounds to me like he was just doomed to get it. According to that link the drug DOES NOT cause gyno at an increased rate. I don't see how an H2 recepotor antagonist would have any effect on estrogen levels or gyno...that one link even says it has no neurosecretory properties...Its all about Occam's razor...why look for a contrived explanation when a more likely obvious one is available...

J

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I would think one would have to be genetically predisposed to gyno. Or, would already have a mild case. I don't see where the use of this substance could cause gyno without those pre-existing conditions.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
There is no way it could've caused it IMHO...

From the first link
Incidence of gynecomastia, impotence, and loss of libido does not differ from that in the general population
From the second link...

However, occasional cases of gynecomastia, impotence, and loss of libido have been reported in male patients receiving ranitidine HCl, but the incidence did not differ from that in the general population.
Both of these say that it DOESN'T have anything to do with gynecomastia. That guy over at BB.com needs to learn how to read the fine print...