Cut Your Cravings

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Cut Your Cravings

The stomach signals hunger, but your brain controls your cravings. Put a safety on the emotional triggers and you'll be able to bypass your approaching bypass. Your action plan:

1. Drink up. Often we interpret as hunger what's really thirst in disguise. Make it a rule to reach for a glass of ice water every time you feel hungry; you'll be surprised how much less you'll wind up eating.

2. Pinch yourself. Specifically, your nostrils or earlobes for 10 seconds. The craving will pass. These are acupressure points, which means that how this works is an ancient Chinese secret. But trust me, it does.

3. Use 100-watt lightbulbs. Brighter is better in the dining room, or on the couch if you tend to munch in front of the TV. Dim lights lower inhibitions of all kinds, whether you're making a move on Debbie or Little Debbie.

4. Negotiate over coffee. You're more apt to munch mindlessly during intense discussions. If you're going to break up with her, do it over a salad. If you're negotiating a big deal, wait until the dinner is finished.

5. Keep your hands to yourself. Manufacturers know that your chances of purchasing a product rise exponentially once you touch it. That's why the worse a food is for you, the more likely it comes in a cool, colorful package. Next time you're at the market, make a mental note not to touch anything in the junk-food aisles.

6. Think healthy, not thin. Many people become more successful at long-term weight loss once their motive shifts from wanting to be thinner to wanting to be healthier.

--By Marc Salem. Salem stars in the one-man show Mind Games. You can find more mind-control tips at marcsalem.com

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Great read!
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Some things may sound stupid, but really works..
    •   

4. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

John, this is a little off topic, and possibly childish but I have something to address to you if you do not mind. Does it bother you at all that you have not only posted 491 times already, but have started more threads in one week then some people have in three years? I do realize that the majority of your threads contain diet plans, workout plans, routines etc., but many of them are redundant and not overtly innovative.

I am not trying to call you out, or challenge you in anyway, but I just like to see people contribute knowledge to the board, not clutter. The point system is to benefit helpful, insightful members who put time into the board to help other people, not to get supplements. I am not saying you shouldn't post, but possibly tone down the rate of your posts. Your current pace is 42 a day, which by anyones standards is ludicrous. Do you really feel that you are contributing to the board by posting 42 posts a day? Or that the majority of those posts are helpful? Insightful?

Just some food for thought.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Did a 4 week cut, your opinion?(pic)
    By Tryingtobe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM
  3. Conquer your Cravings
    By jjohn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 12:14 AM