Footballer/MMA fatloss!

1. Registered User
    Answers

Footballer/MMA fatloss!

Hey guys. This is my first time posting here. I was reccomended to this place by someone from BB.com. Anyway I have some general questions that I asked over at BB.com, but the rude bastards didnt respond to.

I am 186 pounds, with around 15% bodyfat. I am not sure if thats accurate, but it is around that. I took a test and the doctor said if I had 10% BF that I would weigh around 171.

I have around 10 weeks to get into the condition I want to be in. First, I want to loose fat, while gaining strength. I dont care about muscle mass, just strength. Is this possible? Is 5 weeks enough to cut down 186 to 171 in terms of fat? THanks for your help in advanced.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Snipervirus
    Hey guys. This is my first time posting here. I was reccomended to this place by someone from BB.com. Anyway I have some general questions that I asked over at BB.com, but the rude bastards didnt respond to.

I am 186 pounds, with around 15% bodyfat. I am not sure if thats accurate, but it is around that. I took a test and the doctor said if I had 10% BF that I would weigh around 171.

I have around 10 weeks to get into the condition I want to be in. First, I want to loose fat, while gaining strength. I dont care about muscle mass, just strength. Is this possible? Is 5 weeks enough to cut down 186 to 171 in terms of fat? THanks for your help in advanced.

2 pounds a week. 5 weeks. 10 pounds. those last 4 or 5 might take longer those are the hardest too loose. at least they are with me

so get to work. chop chop not gonna be easy ..depends if you are a hard loser or a person that looses weight easy also.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Snipervirus

5 weeks is not enough time to get to 171 in terms of fat loss, but you could easily make that weight in 5 weeks. Also if you are about 15% BF, then getting to 171 would put you around 7% BF.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

The problem with that time frame and the goal is that you're going to need some time to dial in everything to maintain the muscle, pickup strength and lose the fat. It's a very thin line that can cause a undesired outcome if not monitored properly and if you don't understand the mechanics of the body and properties associated with foods and your exercise.

You'll need to post up workout regime, food intake etc for someone with the ability to help clean these areas up to get you as close as possible efficiently.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I think you can lose the weight no problem would upped cardio and a good diet. I don't think all those lbs would be bodyfat alot will be water than the rest will be a combo of fat and lbm.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

What I wanted in terms of strength was to keep increasing in my lifts whilst still cutting off fat.

Here is a routine.

Breakfast - Eggs, WholeWeatBread/Bagel/Waffle, Fruits + Milk and a multi vitamen.

Meal 2 - Yogurt + more fruit + whey protein shake

Meal 3 - Chicken Sandwhich/Chicken Salad with lots of green and chicken breasts + Milk

Meal 4 - A BB.com recipe meal, or muscle milk.

Meal 5 - Dinner (usually a BB friendly meal from a BB recipe book. Lots of Protein and controlled carbs.)

Meal 6 - Fruit + Whey Protein + Oats into a shake

My routine is about 1 Hr Weights, Mon, Wed, Fri.

I have football practice M-Th, but its not too intense.

I also have MMA practice around an hour, which is a form of cardio.

I also plan on doing 5 x 3 minute rounds of jumprope, and around 30 minutes of HIIT cardio throughout the day.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I am also guessing that 7% bodyfat is enough to have a sixpack and visible muscle definition right?

Because as soon as those 5 weeks are up, its off to the beach, and then controlled weight gain so I can reach a good 190 with 11% bf by football season.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Bump please!
  9. Registered User
    Answers

I posted my routine and all. SOmeone help.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MMA thread
    By Nicolai in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:50 PM
  2. Ultimate topical fatloss mix!
    By djremix in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 01:20 PM
  3. Newbie questions and football....
    By patshmere in forum Anabolics