Need to cut bf/maintain muscle

dedication

Awards
Guys,

I have a problem. I have to lose bout 9 percent bodyfat by december because I have to take pics for a fashion show im doin. My stats are as follows: 5 '10", 198, and 19 percent bodyfat. I am trying to get down to a solid 180, 10 percent bodyfat, without losing muscle. My current diet consists of around 3600 cals, with like 350 g carbs, and 320-340 g protien. Its taken me so long to build this much and I'm afraid of losing muscle from cardio. I've never done a day of cardio in my life, so I was wonderin if I could keep my diet the way it is and just start the cardio in the morning after meal 1? I was thinkin 30 minutes on an incline on the treadmill for 3 days a week and see how that goes, and if it doesnt change then maybe increase to 5 days a week? I was also plannin on uppin the protien intake but keepin my carbs the same. Also is there any supplements taht I could take to help keep strength up or any advice you guys have for me to go about doing this, I'd really appreciate. If its possible I'd still like to keep buildin up while cuttin. Oh id also like to add that i will be lifting at night.

thanks in advance
D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Well...its doable.

3600kcal isn't that much man. At 198 for you to gain that much BF you must have been eating lots of junk food. You've got two optins here. Long, hard self-education or get help from someone who is good with nutrition. The board owner here is good with nutrition, FLA Nutrition - Bodybuilding, Weightlifting, and Weight Loss Training
Programs
and his prices are reasonable.

Other than that, I'd say use the search button and learn everything you can about diet and nutrition.

Keep your macro ratios somewhere between 55/30/15 and 30/50/20 (p/c/f). Find what works best for you. A good place to start is 40/40/20. Protein sources should be from lean meats (chicken is great), carbs from low glycemic foods, lots of veggies, fruits, and make sure you get your healthy fats in from sources like raw almonds, flax, flax oil, olive oil, etc.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
dont be afraind of cardio it isnt going to strip you of your muscle. With correct nutrition and training you will shred the fat and spare as much muscle as possible. Like KWY said your best bet to achieve your goals is contacing FLA Nutrition, but if funds dont permit than you can still most certainly achieve your goals.

If possible post up a daily intake of what you consume and from there we can help make changes that will spare muscle and help drop the bf.