protein/fat for breakfast

bigpump

Awards
i have heard the idea of only a protein/fat meal for breakfast in order to keep the body in a fat burning mode. what do you think about this approach?

or would tappering carbs later in the days such as 3 p/carb meals, then 3 prot/fat meals?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
This idea is either CKD or massive eating. Try it and see how you like it. The massive eating plan requires you stop eating pro/carb meals after 6 hours following training, good for insulin levels.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I did that for 12 weeks with super results while I was following swolegenix, now I am on swoledup, I only eat carbs at breakfast on training days, non traing days I eat just pro/fat to keep insulin and fat gain to a min, during my gain phase. Seems to be working!

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been using p/f for breakfast for quite a while now. It was probably massive eating where I first got the idea, something about insulin being active up to four hours after the meal.

While cutting, it just seems like I would be shooting myself in the foot if I loaded up on carbs right at breakfast.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using p/f for breakfast for quite a while now. It was probably massive eating where I first got the idea, something about insulin being active up to four hours after the meal.

While cutting, it just seems like I would be shooting myself in the foot if I loaded up on carbs right at breakfast.
Insulin will still be active but the release will be slower but the glycemic load could be more. The inclusion of fat increases the overall glycemic load but levels are still stable and prolonged.

bigpump

Awards
goes4ever, do you only eat prot/fat meals on non training days?

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
I would like to know if R-ALA would be best used on P+C meals rather than P+F meals?

Any ideas on best results?

bigpump

Awards
i would def think it would be much more beneficial comsuming r- ala with a meal that is containing some carbs in it, since it is isulin mimicking and decrases blood sugar levels.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I would like to know if R-ALA would be best used on P+C meals rather than P+F meals?

Any ideas on best results?
AS has been mentioned, best used with carbs. Only reason I can see it used otherwise is as an antioxidant.

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
Sounds good to me. Appreciate the info fellas