Frcutose and GI index.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I have a question regarding fructose. Can I use an 80 gram fructose shake from protein customizer as a source of carbs for cutting because I'm mostly at work or school and I don't have time to cook oatmeal etc. I figuered fructose can be a good way to go because it is very low on the glycemic index.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
It may be low on the GI but still nt a good idea. Once liver glycogen is replenished most can spill over to adipose. Grind up some uncooked oats and bring it along with you instead.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cool bro, I didn't know I had to cook oatmeal. I guess I'll just get a lot of crazy looks in class when I down oatmeal w/cold water LOL

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Cooking would be preferable, but when you can't you gotta do what you gotta do. Also you could cook it the night before.

No protein in them shakes? :confused:

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
fructose is a shitty idea, based on what supa freak says.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cooking would be preferable, but when you can't you gotta do what you gotta do. Also you could cook it the night before.

No protein in them shakes? :confused:
I always take protein shakes w/me to school. I was just under the impression that it was necessary to cook oatmeal based on advice I got from my uncle, but than again he's fat as hell but he was huge and ripped in his mid 20's

Jay Mc

Awards
You can use brown rice too. I cook it in bulk, like two cups, and then stick it in the fridge and just eat it cold w/chicken and the like...

J

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good idea Jay Mc. I could use a little variety.