Looking to buy capzacin .1% cream

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Looking on the internet I can only find .075.... Can someone send me in the right direction? I started using Lipo ultra today and read some were to use both..... Can someone also tell me the best way to use both together..... Just using for abs.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you can get it at walmart, riteaid or walgreens no need to order on the net

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking on the internet I can only find .075.... Can someone send me in the right direction? I started using Lipo ultra today and read some were to use both..... Can someone also tell me the best way to use both together..... Just using for abs.
People use different methods, but I would recommend waiting 30 minutes or so between applications. ie, rub in the cap-hp or whatever brand then later apply the lipoderm. If you've read up on it, you should know it hurts like hell for some people, for others its only mildly painful. Either way its not fun, so try a little area first before slathering it all over. Should you realize it was a huge mistake, have some rubbing alcohol available as soap and water don't work well on cap. Keep in mind an amount of cap will stay on your skin, so laying on top of a significant other will using this stuff will not be such a good thing for the relationship.

TSC

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
People use different methods, but I would recommend waiting 30 minutes or so between applications. ie, rub in the cap-hp or whatever brand then later apply the lipoderm. If you've read up on it, you should know it hurts like hell for some people, for others its only mildly painful. Either way its not fun, so try a little area first before slathering it all over. Should you realize it was a huge mistake, have some rubbing alcohol available as soap and water don't work well on cap. Keep in mind an amount of cap will stay on your skin, so laying on top of a significant other will using this stuff will not be such a good thing for the relationship.

TSC
Thank you very much !..... I'm going to give it a shot.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Well, I just bought Capzacin .1% cream at CVS. $13.00...... I just tried about a 2" spot on my abs and I don't feel any burning (very minor if at all )..... I'm going to try the full abs area in the morning.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Jim - where'd you find the 0.075%??

That regular stuff is the f*cking DEVIL!!

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I guess I should have read a little more about Cap... I couldn't wait till morning to try it, so I used it about 45 minutes ago... I rubbed it all over my abs and in about 15 minutes it started to burn... It burns pretty good but it's very tolerable... I kind of like it. :dance:

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL1!!!!!! Yeah...it is tolerable, but wait till you get some sweating going or take a shower. That is great! No, not really.

Umm....they actually say 100% cap out there, it's quite expense and I'd hate to find out what it does feel like. Cap is commonly used in not only arthitis applications but also for hot sauces. I'm sure you can find it at many different concentrations.

But, I'm still trying to full understand why people use this stuff? I mean, has it's efficacy been proven when coupled with Lipo? *shrug*

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established

TSC
thanks for the advice. Sounds good. Will keep in mind.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
But, I'm still trying to full understand why people use this stuff? I mean, has it's efficacy been proven when coupled with Lipo? *shrug*
I'll let you know in a few weeks..... Then again I couldn't really tell you because I've never tried Lipo on it's own. I'm just going by what other people are saying...... It's been over an hour and the burn is just about gone. :smite:

SHADOW2492

Awards
You could make your own for cheap. Just put some black pepper balls in a glass of water for a day or two, Then filter the solids out and you have capsaicin in solution. Id imagine the solution could get fairly strong as it turns black over night.

you could probably make a stronger concetration using a acetone extraction and then evaporating the acetone leaving a relatively pure organic extract with minimum contamination. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You could make your own for cheap. Just put some black pepper balls in a glass of water for a day or two, Then filter the solids out and you have capsaicin in solution. Id imagine the solution could get fairly strong as it turns black over night.

you could probably make a stronger concetration using a acetone extraction and then evaporating the acetone leaving a relatively pure organic extract with minimum contamination. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Despite the name, Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) is not even remotely related to the Capsicum peppers (jalepenos, chilis etc etc). They come from two entirely different plant families, the Piperaceae and Solanacea. There is no capsaicin in Black Pepper, so this method listed above is pointless. There are easy ways to extract capsaicin from highly concentrated hot sauces and even "mace" products.

TSC

Last edited:
Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
tsc, it sounds like you know your sh**. Thanks for all your information.... Just one last question. Is it ok to use the lipo in the morning by itself and later in the day, say 4:00pm use the cap and wait 30 minutes and put on the lipo again?..... Not to sure I want to use the cap twice a day unless I need to.

Thanks,

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
can someone tell me why cap hurts so much I mean isn't it supposed to relieve pain? Is it the burning or the amount people put on with their lipoderm?

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
tsc, it sounds like you know your sh**. Thanks for all your information.... Just one last question. Is it ok to use the lipo in the morning by itself and later in the day, say 4:00pm use the cap and wait 30 minutes and put on the lipo again?..... Not to sure I want to use the cap twice a day unless I need to.

Thanks,
I've had success with once a day application (the cap that is), while using lipoderm twice. I wasn't consistent with the time for the cap, as I work a rotating shift so sometimes morning application made more sense, other times applying at night did.

In other words, once daily cap will still give you added results over lipoderm alone. Lipoderm ultra was not supposed to make you retain water like the original formula, however i find that it does. This is not a problem at all, it just takes a few days after stopping to see the total result.

TSC

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Despite the name, Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) is not even remotely related to the Capsicum peppers (jalepenos, chilis etc etc). They come from two entirely different plant families, the Piperaceae and Solanacea. There is no capsaicin in Black Pepper, so this method listed above is pointless. There are easy ways to extract capsaicin from highly concentrated hot sauces and even "mace" products.

TSC
Can you please elaborate on cap extraction from higly concentrated hot sauces or Capsicum peppers powder?

And what about adding Capsicum peppers powder in lipoderm? would it work?

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
can someone tell me why cap hurts so much I mean isn't it supposed to relieve pain? Is it the burning or the amount people put on with their lipoderm?
The burning sensation is the pain, granted some people probably use way too much, but it would still burn with much less. People are spreading this over a much larger area of skin then say just a knee. You can get desensitized to it, especially when its just a small area.

I haven't looked up too much on its use for arthritis, but found this regarding its method of action for pain relief

"The result appears to be that the nerves are overwhelmed from the burning sensation and are unable to report pain for an extended period of time. With chronic exposure to capsaicin, neurons are depleted of neurotransmitters. This leads to reduction in sensation of pain and blockade of neurogenic inflammation. "

TSC

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
How long can one use cap & Lipo?.... Is this something you can use until you've reached your wanting results? Or should you take a brake from using it.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Never, I repeat, Never put on cap cream then take a piss with the same hand before washing it!!! :hammer: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ...... Holy Sh** that hurt!!:nutkick: :woohoo:

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never, I repeat, Never put on cap cream then take a piss with the same hand before washing it!!! :hammer: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ...... Holy Sh** that hurt!!:nutkick: :woohoo:

oops, guess I forgot to mention the most important thing... WEAR GLOVES when you apply the cap. Again, its only soluble in alcohol, so soap and water really don't work. Get a box of cheap disposable latex gloves. Its well worth it. With regular hand washing you can most of it off of you, however there will still be enough to do damage (ie, don't try rubbing your eyes if you didn't wear gloves... even hours later).

As for your other question, you can stay on it for a month or longer, but the inconvienence of it all will most likely be limiting factor. Also, lipoderm in general is best for those at a low BF % trying to get rid of the last bit of stubborn fat. If you have lots to lose, wait til you get closer to your end goal. ie, if you aren't on a caloric deficit and already losing fat, it won't be worth the trouble. When used for the last stubborn areas, its awesome.

TSC

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Forget extracting it.

1fast has it (cap) in powder form....

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again, The glove sound like a good idea..... Yeah, the other night I rubbed my right eye about 4 hours after I applied the cream and my eye lid started to burn.... I have a very thin layer of fat on my abs to get rid of.... As of now, my abs are very noticeable but I know they can look better.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Forget extracting it.

1fast has it (cap) in powder form....
Where do you see this? I see they offer Cayenne. But thats not the same. I'd be surprised to see anyone offer pure capsaicin powder, I wouldn't want that liability.

TSC

akp2004

Awards
In terms of reducing the evil pain caused by taking a piss or touching your eyes, after applying cap cream....

There are roll-on forms of capsacin out there... .beyondacentury has .075 last time I checked (been a while)..... product called No Pain

I am still surprised how few choices there are for applying it, when the main complaint is getting it on your hands and not applying evenly. The roll-on solves the problem. I wish it came in a spray (though that would also be an aerosol weapon, as in pepper spray!)

Touching your willy with it on sure sucks... but guys, get serious... the thing that will put you in the doghouse beyond all other things is forgetting you have it on and not telling your girlfriend in time.... you think she's pissed when you go to a strip club... try having her kiss your pecs or belly trying to be all sexy and then realize you have .1 cream on you. :chick:

hotbod

Awards
Roll-on Capsaicin

I found a Roll-on Capsaicin called PainEnz at painenz.com. Anyone tried it? It looks good, like it will keep ur hands clean...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used the cap with no problems at all, barring you don't rub your eyes. I just put on the lipo and rubbed cap over it.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When I was in the police academy, some of us forgot that we were told not to shave the morning of our OC spray training...

We found out why the hard way!!!!

Ever have someone standing 5 feet in front of you with a flamethrower, nonstop, for a few hours? That is PLEASANT compared to the pain I was in!!!!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still no info on how to extract Capsaisin from cayenne powder?

hotbod

Awards
good results?

How long do you have to use the cap? did you get good results? was it worth the pain?

tmilam

Awards
Okay, what is the Capzacin supposed to do in addition to the Napalm or Lipo-Y or Lipo Ultra?