Glutamine: A very important amino acid to prevent overtraining

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I have been so severely into overtraining state, for more than 4 months. 4 months of resting and resting and still no improvement.

Symptoms include fatigue, heavy - dead legs, restlessness, breathing and cardiac rhythm abnormalities incoordination in movement, nausea and headaches, low back pain, overall sickness feeling, increased metabolism and hunger, loss of strength and sensation in arms and hands and several other weird feelings.

I have been taking glutamine for the last week or so, really cant tell any difference. I drink 5 or more grams a day with milk or juice. Hope i start to show some improvement soon.
    Yesterday i went swimming for like 10 minutes. My breathing rate and mood were ok (thats a good sign-its long since i took a deap breath and didnt feel nauseous) , but when i came out of the pool my legs felt dead once again (not sore, just heavy and very unwilling to get off the ground and move). I guess glutamine didnt work that good afterall. Maybe i should take a bigger supplemental dose.

Is anyone familiar with this feeling of heavy - dead legs for so long? I read somewhere its due to microheamorhages or multiple micro ruptures within the muscles. ****, i need help

2. Quote Originally Posted by solonjk View Post
    I have been so severely into overtraining state, for more than 4 months. 4 months of resting and resting and still no improvement.

Symptoms include fatigue, heavy - dead legs, restlessness, breathing and cardiac rhythm abnormalities incoordination in movement, nausea and headaches, low back pain, overall sickness feeling, increased metabolism and hunger, loss of strength and sensation in arms and hands and several other weird feelings.

I have been taking glutamine for the last week or so, really cant tell any difference. I drink 5 or more grams a day with milk or juice. Hope i start to show some improvement soon.
    Yesterday i went swimming for like 10 minutes. My breathing rate and mood were ok (thats a good sign-its long since i took a deap breath and didnt feel nauseous) , but when i came out of the pool my legs felt dead once again (not sore, just heavy and very unwilling to get off the ground and move). I guess glutamine didnt work that good afterall. Maybe i should take a bigger supplemental dose.

Is anyone familiar with this feeling of heavy - dead legs for so long? I read somewhere its due to microheamorhages or multiple micro ruptures within the muscles. ****, i need help
    I think you summed it up right there.
    •   

3. You think increasing the dose will make an impact on my situation? How much should i be taking?

4. If you have been resting for four months and there's still no improvement, then it's not overtraining. It's something else. You should get a full blood workup done and see a doctor.

Glutamine is not going to help. Even if it was overtraining, glutamine is not going to help. Read the earlier posts by Bobo in this thread.

5. Quote Originally Posted by solonjk View Post

...i need help
    Go to a doctor. Glutamine will not solve your problems. Your symptoms sound more like those of myeloma than overtraining.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
    •   

6. Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by solonjk View Post
    I have been so severely into overtraining state, for more than 4 months. 4 months of resting and resting and still no improvement.

Call your doctor.

7. Thats what i think its too long to be just overtraining. Yet 3 times within the course of those 4 months i was feeling somewhat better for like 3-4 days or so, so i went back to doing some light exercise and staying late out night and syndromes reappeared.
    What doctor, ive been to 17 doctors and 3 hospitals by now. Did all types of tests, including brain MRIs, whole body CTscans, loads of blood tests and so on.

Late in the course of my problems i started to think about finasteride effects on my hormones, since both testo and free testo are way decreased but yet, i doubt it can cause me the neurological manifestations i ve been having. And these are typicall of overtraining, like breathing and cardiac arrythmias and increased metabolic rate.

I talked to a couple of water polo and swimming coaches last week and they told me it can take more than a year to recover especially if i have been overtrained in the past again. Last year it took me 6 weeks of bed rest to recover

Dont know what to say, read my whole story maybe you can suggest something different to check out

Overtraining Syndrome, Finasteride Complication?

And some links about overtraining

Bodybuilding.com - Tammy Thomas - What You Don't Know About Overtraining - Part 1!
    FIT - News & Events
    John Berardi - Overtraining - Part 1
    http://www.frot.co.nz/dietnet/sports/overtraining.htm

8. Call your doctor. Rule out the more serious possibilities before self-diagnosing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-E's during cycle to prevent gyno? Very sensitive to it...
    By BoneCrusher70 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
  2. Folic Acid May Prevent Progression to Laryngeal Cancer
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 05:23 PM
  3. Very Important Points to Remember
    By farmer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:42 AM
  4. Replies: 0