Start Taking Supplements Now, or Wait?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.72%

Start Taking Supplements Now, or Wait?

I'm 35, Male and about 50 lbs overweight. I have just started a serious diet and exercise program consisting of cardio (30 min day, 5 x Week), weight training (4 x week) and carb\calorie restricted diet. I'm interested in taking sesamin, melting point, and ECA stack. Should I begin these immediately, or wait until metabolism slows down. I have lost about 7 pounds on the scale since beginning about 10 days ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I tried searching, but couldn't find conclusive advice either way. I'd also be interested in supplement advice... Please help..

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by andotony
    I'm 35, Male and about 50 lbs overweight. I have just started a serious diet and exercise program consisting of cardio (30 min day, 5 x Week), weight training (4 x week) and carb\calorie restricted diet. I'm interested in taking sesamin, melting point, and ECA stack. Should I begin these immediately, or wait until metabolism slows down. I have lost about 7 pounds on the scale since beginning about 10 days ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I tried searching, but couldn't find conclusive advice either way. I'd also be interested in supplement advice... Please help..

JMO, I'd wait on the supps. Use them when losses slow down. When you get your diet and training in order, you will lose effectivley for quite awhile. What's your diet looking like?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.01%

I think some fish oil will benefit your workouts, and a multivitamin. the stuff you're taking is ok for now, but some products lose effectiveness if you don't cycle them. not sure which. ephedra is the big one though.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.72%

Trying to stay on a restricted carb diet. Have been eating around 2000 Kcal per day with around 200 grams protein or more. Haven't started any supplements besides a multi. should I hold off on the ECA stack and just stick to the Sesamin \ fish oil? I won't have to cycle that, right?
  5. King Kong
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.62%

Being 50lbs overweight would mean that you are on the higher side as far as weight goes, therefore 2000 cals might not be enough for you. Even though you are trying to lose weight, you still need to eat somewhat close to your maintenence. How much do you weigh by the way?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.72%

I'm 6'0 and about 245. A few years ago, I was 190 at 5-6% body fat. My goal right now is about 200. Thanks for your help.
  7. King Kong
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.62%

Quote Originally Posted by andotony
    I'm 6'0 and about 245. A few years ago, I was 190 at 5-6% body fat. My goal right now is about 200. Thanks for your help.
    In that case, you should be taking in more than 2000 calories. You should definitely check out fitday.com and put everything you eat in a day and it will calculate how many calories you are taking in, as well as an estimate of what you are burning each day. You should shoot for @ 200-400 cals below maintenence. Start out closer to the 200 range, and eventually get down to the 400 range after a couple of weeks. Once you start to get to a plateau, then add in some fat burners if you choose to.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.45%

Quote Originally Posted by idunk42
    In that case, you should be taking in more than 2000 calories. You should definitely check out fitday.com and put everything you eat in a day and it will calculate how many calories you are taking in, as well as an estimate of what you are burning each day. You should shoot for @ 200-400 cals below maintenence. Start out closer to the 200 range, and eventually get down to the 400 range after a couple of weeks. Once you start to get to a plateau, then add in some fat burners if you choose to.
    Solid advice. The trick is not to go balls out with exercfise, calorie deficit, and supps all at once. Take your time and start out with diet first, cardio second, supps last. Add these in slowly as your body will respond to each one. Once gains start slowing on each of the phases mentioned, add in another. If you do it all at once, your body will/may go into a protective mode and "store" fat.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%

You should use this program, here is today for me:

10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.94%

I'd follow what the others are suggesting. Furthermore, I'd like to re-emphasis the importance of your diet at this point in time. You need to be eating 5-6 each day and not restricting yourself to something as low as 2000 calories, this may even be counter-productive for you. Keep up the cardio but don't get that heartrate too high. Buy some fish oil, some whey, and if you want to spend the money Sesamin. Everything else, hold off on. I suggest Sesamin because I view it as a health-benefitting supplement rather a effective weight loss tool.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.17%

I'd wait on the supps. My trainer put me on Omega-3 and multi-vitamins until I was ready for other supplements. I'm currently taking BACC's, Omega-3's, and Glutimine.

In the begining I tried a lot of different diets and non seemed to work. I'd gain it all back and then some. But once I learned about calories and portion control it helped a lot. I use trainersbible.com as a resourceful tool. My trainer uses the site as well. They help you caluculate your BMI and your metabolism. Plus it's a site that trainers put together so it seems credible. Thats my 2 cent.
  12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Ill just reinforce the advice of everyone here and wait in the supps. If you're making great progress already, just work on refining your diet and save some $$$. The supps you listed all work well, but I'd wait until your BF% gets lower and progress starts to slow down.

BV
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.72%

Great Advice.....Thank You!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Start PCT now or wait??
    By modernoscar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 02:33 AM
  3. Osta-RX- to start now or wait?
    By Docmattic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 11:12 PM
  4. 1 Week till PCT and signs of GYNO...Start NOW or WAIT???
    By SlowNSteady in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
  5. 2 weeker now, or wait for my 14 weeker?
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 01:33 PM