approx calorie intake for 18 yr old - AnabolicMinds.com

approx calorie intake for 18 yr old

1. New Member

Arrow approx calorie intake for 18 yr old

im 177 lbs, 6', and approx 13-14% body fat. ive been lifting for about a year (4 days/week) and jogging (3 days/week) for a few months. im trying to lose more fat and minimize muscle loss. right now im having 3 decent size meals and a snack in the afternoon. i know im still growing so i dont want to stunt my growth by not eating enough. anyone know how many calories i should be consuming per day?? oh and i take muscle milk after my anabolic workouts
    thanks

2. Banned

Count your calories now. We don't know what your metabolism is like. After you see how much you eat, subtract 100 every couple of weeks. (Unless you are eating way too much) Also, the 3 meals thing isn't the way to go for fat loss. Make them smaller meals more often.
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

lol...Harry, I am too lazy to give you a link, but, what I am gonna tell you will assist you greatly in figuring out a very accurate account of how many calories you need. First, you need to figure out your BMR (basal metabolic rate), just google BMR. Then, you need to figure out how many calories you need daily by using the Harris Benedict Formula. I am guessing you are moderately accurate, so I believe you multiply your BMR by 1.375. That will give you a baseline calculation of how many kcals you need daily. Then, go from there in terms of your deficit.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I was really skinny and had a huge metabolism at that age.
    I couldn't eat enough to gain until I got to college and my metabolism slowed down a bit and I had loads and loads of dorm food to fill up on.

Have fun with it now - getting old sucks!
  5. New Member

prolly should of added this tidbit in when typing the thread. I had some issues with my eyes and ended up having to take prednisone for 1-2 years early middle schoolish. i had to quit lacrosse because the ****ty eyesight so i didint get much exercise until april 2005 (iwas 5' 10' 138) when i started lifting. prior to the prednisone i was lean like your average kid. ive had a slower metabolism since that time. i hear that prednisone can really screw your body up when taken for that long...any comments on that also would be welcome

thanks

3038 is cal intake i calculated, seems a little high. and i dont think im eating that much. ill start counting my calories tomorrow
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

There was a member here that was on that stuff. Search around and see what you can find - I don't remember what all was said about it....
  7. Banned

The effects of prednisone can linger for a real long time, that is correct.

Once I had to take it for 2 weeks, for a bad sunburn, I gained 20 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! and it took me over a year to get rid if it after quitting it, I will NEVER take that ever again, I dont care what happens! I was eating everything I could get my hands on , LOL and would of eaten a trunk off a tree! I hated it, I felt I had no control at all.

Quote Originally Posted by harry5543
    prolly should of added this tidbit in when typing the thread. I had some issues with my eyes and ended up having to take prednisone for 1-2 years early middle schoolish. i had to quit lacrosse because the ****ty eyesight so i didint get much exercise until april 2005 (iwas 5' 10' 138) when i started lifting. prior to the prednisone i was lean like your average kid. ive had a slower metabolism since that time. i hear that prednisone can really screw your body up when taken for that long...any comments on that also would be welcome

thanks

3038 is cal intake i calculated, seems a little high. and i dont think im eating that much. ill start counting my calories tomorrow
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weigh...bmr+calculator

start there and begin using fitday, EVERYDAY. and also eat 5-6 meals, instead of 3 and a snack.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by harry5543

You're forgetting to figure in your daily expenditures.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

500 extra calories if wanting to bulk, minus 500 if droppong weight

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advise for 18 yr old wanting to bulk
    By newbie12345 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM
  2. supplements for 18 yr old
    By gibbons2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17