I need Help

destro19

destro19

Awards
Ok guys, lotta help with the cycles. now what I need is some help when i go on a cut.  Im not sure how to.  legnth, what to eat, what not to eat.  please dont refer me to some Dr's article cause Id rather hear from those who do what I do.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Bump for YJ on the nutrition front!

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Ummmm..cutting in November? I really can't help you, this is BULK season baby!!

All kidding aside..cutting is an art bro..there are so many diets..keto, CKD, 40/30/30, animabolics, swolecat, etc. Finding what works for you..is the key. Everybody has a diet they swear by. For me, I believe in cutting calories to 10x bodyweight, using heavy dosages of fina or 4AD to preserve muscle, and just getting it over with as fast as possible. Others believe in the "pound a week" theroy of slow weight loss..they all work bro..the key is..what works for you.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I believe in getting it done as quickly as possible as well. The sooner the better.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
You know it bro..dieting just plain old sucks to me. I just started bulking again, and have lost all but the top row of abs..but feel and look friggin 200% better. Cuts are nice for summer, but for me..I just plain old enjoy being big. When you are 6'5" like I am..the underwear model look works, but pure size...is just so much more intimidating..lmao. When I am cut..I just look "average" when I am in street clothes. Now, I again look fucking big, and people step to the side when you come lumbering thru. GF says she likes me with the extra weight on, I am more fun to snuggle with..so overall..its great to be wintertime again..!!!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I just plain old enjoy being big. When you are 6'5" like I am..the underwear model look works, but pure size...is just so much more intimidating..lmao. When I am cut..I just look "average" when I am in street clothes. Now, I again look fucking big, and people step to the side when you come lumbering thru.
couldn't have said it better myself wardog. I've always been a fairly large guy for 6' (damn you're tall though!), so cutting to me is something I just want to do quick and get over it. If I were to compete it would be different, bit since I don't I don't go to extremes.

I truly enjoy every second of being big, cut is nice and pretty, but big makes ME feel better.

Anyway I usually just keep cals around 10-12x bodyweight and stock up on glutamine pretty hard. I'll do around 4-6 weeks of cutting before I have to stop and regain my sanity (does anyone really like cardio :D)! Keto is great, but I tend not to go that way anymore, call me lazy I guess!

destro19

destro19

Awards
I dont plan on cutting any time soon i just wanted to knoww what to do.  im 6' 265 but i have a gut that wont go away.  I figure i could proably loose 15 to 20 of fat ad  be a good size.  puts me at a solid 245-50 range i wanna be a solid 260 by next yer when i go to pro wrestling school.  puts me in the John Cena range as far as apperence and i work on speech skills often so i can have a shot in MCW.

Kay

Awards
I would cut calories down slowly by 500 first week, 750 week2, and by 1000 by week3. Thats assuming you are eating around 3500-4000.
Eat an ECA stack early morning and do cardio first thing in the morning.

Protein/Carbs/Fat = 45/40/10-15
This will ensure you dont lose too much lean mass.

Limit carbs after 6. Dont touch them before you go to bed.

Just eat clean, lots of chicken breast a tuna works!

4-5 sessions of Long Slow Distanace Cardio, 30 - 60 minutes, 55-65% MHR.

Keep the rep range high so engage glycolytic energy system and initiate greater oxygen consumption during workout so you can burn more calories.

Remember Energy Output > energy input.

wardog

Awards
  • Established

I truly enjoy every second of being big, cut is nice and pretty, but big makes ME feel better.

Aint it the truth! When I get the six pack, I feel so light..i feel like a damn wimp. Watching the poundages go down doesnt exactly help that either..lol. Being big does the same thing..it makes ME feel better...I may not have a ripped six pack, in fact I just have a two pack, but..I just feel so much more confidence and strength..you walk into a place like you own it..lmao!

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
when cutting, this helped me retain a lot of strength:

Before right before bed, out about 1-1.5 cups of cottage cheese in a bowl, add about 2 oz. water to it....and then add a scoop of whey protein.  This little mixture may sound so simple it is dumb....but heres the facts behind it....

casein (cottage cheese) when it is hit by the acids in your stomach is turned into a "gel" and this makes it a natural time realased fomula.  Also casein is very high in glutamine (as is the whey) and this in itself is an anti-catabolic nutrient.  Also glutamine has been shown to increase GH secretion in mature males (males over the age of 30)....and GH burns fat, adds muscle, etc...

The Whey is, of course, a fast-acting protein and goes to work immediatley.

This combo gives you the best of both worlds....and it almost has no carbs, maybe 8-12g at the most.

you can take your ZMA or whatever about 30 mins on an empty stomach before you eat this because ZMA takes only about 15-25 mins to absorb (or so I've read).

And cardio as was said before, do in the morning w/some ECA to get the ole metabolism rollin....also, do the cardio on an empty stomach, Ijust wanted to say that in case for some odd reason you didn't know.

May your future cutting yield great definition and vascularity. ;)

LG. :cool:

SteveDFW

Awards
Also casein is very high in glutamine (as is the whey) and this in itself is an anti-catabolic nutrient. 
LG. :cool:
You are exactly right the cottage cheese makes a great pre-bed meal/snack. I would add the whey to up the protein amount as well but whey is NOT high in glutamine, although the casein is.

Kay

Awards
Thats what i thought, whey is actually really poor in glutamine, unless you buy one that is fortified with it.

SteveDFW

Awards
Cottage cheese is still great to use though. I add 6oz of no-sugar added fruit yogurt (80 calories) to 24 oz of fat free cottage cheese. It ups the carbs just a little but it makes it all taste like yogurt to me.

I also use the instant fat/sugar free pudding with cottage cheese, whey protein, and water to make pudding. I posted it in another thread on here somewhere.