I am worried

Umpire10589

Banned
Awards
Hello I just want to start my first post by saying how grateful I am to the men on this site. So many of you give so much energy and time to not only your passion of bodybuilding, but to others. I am a newbie on the block, and I have read several forums over the last several months in order to try to ascertain the best one for me in terms of helpfulness, accuracy and overall feel. I have come to the conclusion that AnabolicMinds is the best website for bodybuilding information on the internet!

With my introduction out of the way, I would like to start my relationship with you all (hopefully one which I can give back as I become more knowledgable), with a question.

I am 20 y/o, 5'9'' 202 lbs, and 14 or so bf%. My goal is to weigh no less than 195 pounds at no more than 10 percent bf. I have come a long way however one of my biggest issues to date has been the managing of muscle loss while cutting.

I would like a critique of this diet:

12 Pm: protein shake 64 g protein

3 pm turkey sandwich on whole wheat extra turkey and mustard

5 pm sugar free vanilla icecream in sugar cone

7: fried chicken sub on white bread

10 pm: fried chicken fingers

I want to thank you all for your kindness and eagerness to help.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not to be a prick but your diet is pretty damn awful.

Drop the 64gram protein shake, you'd be a lot better off with some chicken breast, tuna, lean beef, etc. If it's breakfast you can do eggs, and oatmeal or something like that.

Drop the Icecream and Sugar Cone - empty calories. Replace that with tuna, chicken, etc.

Drop the fried chicken and fried chicken.

You're "diet" is what most of us would consider a cheat day.

I suggest you get over to

http://dietforumlive.com/forum/

and start reading.

And...start reading through the nutrition forum here.

And....one last thing, with that diet, unless you have amazing genetics, there is no way your bodyfat is that low at that weight and height.

Good luck.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
You can't go half the day with no nutrition, breakfeast really is that important.

Also it looks like a very low protein diet, very low - need to work on that.

Bump for Rage's comments.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
You can't go half the day with no nutrition, breakfeast really is that important.

Also it looks like a very low protein diet, very low - need to work on that.

Bump for Rage's comments.

he's 20 years old though. i wonder if he could succeed just by keeping his diet but just increasing all types of excercise.

i remember when i was 20, it never made any difference either way. i could go ice cream end to end day to night, or cereal and bread end to end and never made a difference in terms of fat.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
you are a d1ck... wtf are you thinking? :saw:

Not to be a prick but your diet is pretty damn awful.

Drop the 64gram protein shake, you'd be a lot better off with some chicken breast, tuna, lean beef, etc. If it's breakfast you can do eggs, and oatmeal or something like that.

Drop the Icecream and Sugar Cone - empty calories. Replace that with tuna, chicken, etc.

Drop the fried chicken and fried chicken.

You're "diet" is what most of us would consider a cheat day.

I suggest you get over to

http://dietforumlive.com/forum/

and start reading.

And...start reading through the nutrition forum here.

And....one last thing, with that diet, unless you have amazing genetics, there is no way your bodyfat is that low at that weight and height.

Good luck.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
he's 20 years old though. i wonder if he could succeed just by keeping his diet but just increasing all types of excercise.

i remember when i was 20, it never made any difference either way. i could go ice cream end to end day to night, or cereal and bread end to end and never made a difference in terms of fat.

That definately depends on metabolic rate. True, when you are younger it is much faster, but that fact that hes eating this way and not getting to his desired Lean Body mass shows that something is wrong.

195 @ 10% would be something like having 19.5 lbs of fat, meaning 175.5 lean pounds. subsequently, he is at 204, 14%, which is 28.56 lbs of fat and 175.66 lbs of lean mass.

My oppinion, bulk up a bit, and then cut, get your diet in check, because it does need a ton of work. By diet I mean both Bulking diet and cutting diet. look around the nutritional forum, theres a lot of useful stuff in there.

Oh, and welcome to AM.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Throw some pictures up and these guys can probably help you a bit more in terms of where to go from 'here'.

But yeah, that diet is complete **** and if you have a speedy metabolism all you're doing is satisfying a sweet tooth. Your muscles are still needing the nutrition from real foods regardless of how fast you can burn off chicken fingers.

And for the love of all that is holy...Get rid of two back to back fried foods especially as the final meals. Your daily fat intake is from grease.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi there and welcome.
I could critique the hell out of your diet, but it may be easier if I just explain some things to you.
Eating clean means removing highly processed and fried foods, try to make all of your meals whole unprocessed foods.
For example, the fried chicken in your sub should be replaced with a grilled whole chicken breast, that way you have the protein and remove the saturated fat.
The same goes for the chicken fingers.
Ice cream in a cone, as a meal? Wow, how I wish I was 20 again. This does not really provide you with any nutrition that your body can use to gain muscle or loose fat. If you like sweet things, you can make a protein shake jello pudding (sugar free).
A protein shake for breakfast (I am assuming that 12 is when you get up in the morning) is fine, but thats a lot of protein in a shake, and you have not replenished your glycogen stores with any carbs.
How about breakfast being oatmeal (old fashioned type) and a smaller serving of protein shake. You can have more shake later on in your day.
Egg whites are also a great source of protein and will help you start your day with a solid meal.
The turkey sandwich is your best meal of the day, I can't critique that at all.

In my opinion, you need to eat more often, there is a 14 hour period between your last meal and your next. Perhaps some cottage cheese before you go to bed, would be the best idea.
You need to minimise the fried and processed foods, and replace them with more natural sources.

If there a reason for the processed foods? Do you eat fast food a lot, or are they frozen meals? If you have a certain lifestyle that you eat by, then let us know and we can help you make healthier choices.
KG

Umpire10589

Banned
Awards
You guys are awesome.... I cant believe I posted just hours ago only to get these many responses already.... Here are some pics.. I have high goals for myself, and I guess my diet ia holding me back. I am aware that at 20 my room for error is at a peak, but it wont always be this way, I just have to look at my dad as exhibit A. He was 165 in college at 5'7 and now hes 230 and my brother and I call him the fatman (lovingly, he calls us worse).

Also, sometimes I have found myself eating 4 Tollhouse chipwhich sandwiches.... Or A box of cookies and cream icecream cones...I say I have bad genes bc of my dad now but I guess this is a built in defense mechanism... I am trying to stop that though, its hard.

Attachments

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
ummm, bro, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are a little higher than 14% BF. No biggy though, you can improve easily. The good thing about us younger guys is that results come much faster.

Take the advice people are giving you, eat ever 2.5-3 hours. Keep the Carbs higher in the morning, and tail them off as you get further in the evening. Keep protein high, 1.5 every pound of lean body weight and keep it even higher pre and post workout.

Keep your fluids up, and keep your unhealthy fats and sugars to thier minimum. I think that is where you are going to run into your biggest problem. try and get rid of as many sweets as possible and replace them with organic sugars from fruits. Also try the chocolate chip cookies from Anabolic Innovations (they are ****ing amazing).

Also a quick tip would be cuz out sodas and other beverages like that and stick to water.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Welcome! Don't forget to thank the ladies of the board.. as there are a few! ;)

A similiar thread was posted here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/fla-training-forum/45927-trying-get-bigger-arms-chest-while.html

And I would recommend the same thing to you as I did to him. Alot of the diet and training advise can be found here. For even more specifics DietForumLive.com is a GREAT place.

You know no your diet is... crap... so read up on what foods you should be eating and go from there. Combining what you will eat.

Get a Foreman grill if you haven't, bulk frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts tossed in with marinade thawed in the fridge overnight and grilled in the morning is an economical way to get the chicken going.

Many many things to go on here so come back with a diet that YOU can stick to and afford and then we will go from there.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cool, Empire. I thought you would look a lot worse.

Here's a good plan. Sign up with Fitday.com, keep a daily journal of everything you eat. Make sure 40% of your diet is protein, 40% is carbs, and 20% is fat.

Anything fried is pretty much bad and you can make your situation a lot better if you cook with healthy fats like Olive Oil. Stay away from from sweets, even if they say "Fat Free" or "Sugar Free", you need to look at the caloric content of everything and keep a good track of it. Your diet will make or break you.

You have a good base and seem like a good enough guy to stick around here and learn a ton of stuff.

Lastly, best of luck.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey Umpire welcome to AM!

I wont beat on the diet because everyone else already has..:D Rage is offering great advice here, especially concerning FitDay (a necessity if you want to see maximum results, IMO), and keeping your diet clean.

Possibly the biggest mistake a novice lifter can make is that a calorie is a calorie. Im sure most of use have when we started out and wanted to get big...does this sound familar:

"ooh I need 500 calories to meet my goal today, let me hit up burger king" :)

BAD idea. Keep your protien sources lean and low in fat. Lean sources of protien have a high thermogenic effect on the body, helping to raise metabolism. Keep your carbs low on the Glycemic Index and stick to whole grains. Oats, Brown rice, yams, etc. If you want to have something sweet, a little yogurt (that does NOT contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, check the label), and some fruit is FAR better for you than a box of cookies. You shouldnt really need to add any fats to your diet to meet the 40/40/20 ratio described in the posts above, but if you do keep it clean. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flaxseed oil, natural peanut butter, etc.

Once you have your diet down, be sure to implement an ideal amount of cardio...post workout for ~20 minutes or in the AM seems to work best for most.

Above all, learn to discipline yourself to stay away from the junk food. Processed sugars, partially hydrogenated oils, etc are in EVERYTHING and you really need to pay attention to what you eat to stay healthy and lean.

BV

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was being sarcastic...Note the Smiling chainsaw holder :)

Spitdeath

Awards
Hey Umpire welcome to AM!

"ooh I need 500 calories to meet my goal today, let me hit up burger king" :)

BAD idea.
BV
No way have you seen the Kings huge ass plastic head that is the shiznit.:burger:

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I don't really browse any other bb'ing sites with any frequency since I became an AM guy. It's a great place, with great people, and a damn good set of admins/mods who keeps things civil and keep the idiots out.

I just made this page my homepage.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
WELCOME Umpire.

Want to congratulate you on your GREAT attitude.

Also this is VERY good news that everyone says your diet it horrible.

Think of it this way if you diet was PERFECT you would have no where to go to get even better results.

I will chime in UP the protein, drop fried anything etc etc what the others said.

CROWLER

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I know I'm a little late and A lot of people gave you good advice already. Your Bf is definitly over 14%. Get some calipers if you really want to know. I use to think I was a lot lower to find out I was at 14% not too long ago. Calipers were an eye opener. I'm on my way to 10% as of now, I am almost two weeks in and it is working out nicely. I keep my diet at 40/40/20 like someone previously posted before. I am slowly tapering carbs and uping protein as i go. The later in the day, I replace my carbs which usually consist of WW breads, WW pasta, or brown rice with carbs from green veggies.
Your in luck though, this will be easy for you, you are 20. I use to be able to get away with anything at that age.
Man I miss those days.
Anyway, it breaks down to be fairly simple.
Try to get 35-40g of real protein per meal, try to lay off shakes.
keep the 40/40/20 ratio. Try to eat six meals evenly spaced. Keep your calories under maintance. Use a workout utilizing the big 3 and throw in some 20 min cardio 3x a week and you should be all set.
if you have pizza or some chix fingers once a week, don't worry it won't hurt you much as long you are fairly consistant for a while.

Good luck.

Just so you have concrete numbers
I am currently 186 - BF 13.5%
My Maintenace is around 3000.
I tapered down to eat 2400 cals a day over two weeks.
On workout days, I will have an extra 150-200 or so calories, depends on the workout.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with it bro. There are alot of good people on this site - they won't steer you wrong.

I'd post more help - but it's bed time.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
That put me at 15.8%.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Dang, guess it wasnt accurate as I thought :blink: Got pretty close to mine..

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well if you're at 16% BP then I guess I shouldn't question the 20+% it put me at :p

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Probably need a diff formulation for Gnomes like Glen and I. :D

"We represent the Lollipop King!"

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha, if I didn't have to wait to rep again from all the neg repping to idiots I would throw some at ya for that :)

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I know this kid got banned but when I look at his pics, did anyone notice he looks he may have a case of gyno?.... Looks like he may have ran a couple cycles without proper PCT.... Just my opinion. :study: ...... This kid did a Haladrol cycle and a SD cycle with-in 6 months appart at the age of 20?..... WTF! :jaw:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I noticed he had a case of the thousand yard stare and one of those, Boy you got a purdy mouf, guys.

You can look at some people and they scream crazy.

rocketscientist

Awards
I know this kid got banned but when I look at his pics, did anyone notice he looks he may have a case of gyno?....
Yep - I'd say that's some serious gyno. Guess we got ourselves a nice reference pic here. Funny that he wasn't worried about that?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Just looks like chest fat to me...could be mild pubescent gyno, but I doubt it.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I'd say gyno as well... i guess it's hard to tell though... definately some chest fat there too, but it looks mighty suspicious :(

Yep - I'd say that's some serious gyno. Guess we got ourselves a nice reference pic here. Funny that he wasn't worried about that?

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I just super sized his pics..... That sure looks like gyno to me.... Lets see if this works. I'm going to up-load a larger pic. (I think)

Attachments

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you joking?????? That is not food! that is mostly junk! Are you sure you just didnt come here to make us laugh? :)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It turns out the guy was just a troll anyway and now that he's banned, me thinks it's time to close this thread.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
hehehe. i think it was all cool until he suddenly---> out of the blue said he's been on halodrol for 7 days also. then all his credibility went out the door.

in summary, he claims to be doing halodrol PLUS superdrol instantaneously, he says he is willing to stop, but he isn't willing to change anything (then how can u stop?), he is UNWILLING to take milk thistle, AND he is unwilling to change his diet. He was also unwilling to stop posting about designer steroids too apparently. heheeh. if he wasn't banned, it wouldn't surprise me if 3 days later he came up with another thread that he's been doing m1t for 5 days. and needs help cuz his nipples feel puffy. bwahahaaaa.