starting a fatloss log.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEll I hope this is the right place for my log I'm currently off cycle and on my 3rd week of PCT. I am starting to cut the BF% and I havent' seen these two products used so I will be giving my feedback.

First off age
5ft 1in
142lbs could be a little skewed usually about 145lbs but 2.5 hours of cardio could be alot of water.
bf% 13.5% that is an average of measurements taken different times of day and an electronic measuring device at my gym. not the best but will give me a good starting point

This is a 30-45 day log as I am giving my body a 6-8 week rest from any supplements. not even creatine nos etc. As i dont' want to skew the results of my fatburning stack.

The only supplements I am taking are multivitamin. Milk Thistle. Saw Palmetto. I will be on Tamox for another 2 weeks

My fat cutting is coming from IDS Kranker speed gels/biotek ephedrine gel caps. I like the Kranker because it's 1 cap a serving and comes in 90 count so good for a budget.

Took my first dose yesterday and the combo really had me sweating. Alot of energy also and I took a speed gel this morning feels like a good appetite suppresant. this is my first time taking anything with hoodia in it. The ephedrine speedgels kick in alot faster than the tabs I was using 15-20min as opposed to 45-60min

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Looks pretty good man, I'm doing something similar. I'm starting to cut toward the end of PCT. I start week 3 on monday. I'm tapering carbs down every week of PCT. Will you be posting your workouts and everything? I'm doing low volume, compound lifts. Then most of my calorie deficit comes from cardio and workout. Hoodia didn't do anything for me even megadosed, ephedrine kills my appetite, ALRI's Venom actually works well too. Well looking forward to the log.

Good Luck,
WannaGro

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most of my cutting will come frome increased cardio and lower calories. I don't really cut carbs because alot of my cardio comes from MMA training and I need the carbs for energy. For workouts I have shifted from my on cycle bulking routine to a higher rep lower weight scheme and drop sets. i still do make sure to do a heavy set everyother workout of a bodypart to make sure my body stays adaptapted to the higher weights I was able to throw up during cycle.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2 on the supps definetly a good thermogenic effect I feel hotter and begin sweating within 20-30 minutes depending if i'm exercising or just taking a dose. i have decided to not really alter my diet at all to give me a better id if the kranker is effective.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok the MMA training is definitely good, I used to box for my cardio.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I probably would have waited a little longer after completing post cycle.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I probably would have waited a little longer after completing post cycle.
Agreed. Trying to cut before hormones are fully returned to optimal levels is a recipe for a loss in LBM. If you are going to do it, I suggest adding a good non-hormonal Anabolic like Powerfull from USP Labs along with BCAA's & CEE. Really helped me keep my strength through post cycle therapy and I actually leaned out some. I also train in MA along with weight training and running FWIW.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Trying to cut before hormones are fully returned to optimal levels is a recipe for a loss in LBM. If you are going to do it, I suggest adding a good non-hormonal Anabolic like Powerfull from USP Labs along with BCAA's & CEE. Really helped me keep my strength through post cycle therapy and I actually leaned out some. I also train in MA along with weight training and running FWIW.
bpmartyr is a cardio machine so if a supplement helps him retain LBM, I'd definitely give it a look.

Also agree with others that you're trying cut way too soon after a hormonal cycle. Id give it at least 8 weeks ADTER post cycle therapy before I was in a caloric defecit.

BV

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bpmartyr is a cardio machine so if a supplement helps him retain LBM, I'd definitely give it a look.

Also agree with others that you're trying cut way too soon after a hormonal cycle. Id give it at least 8 weeks ADTER post cycle therapy before I was in a caloric defecit.

BV
Hi guys thanks for all the input.
I have actually decided against going into calorie deficit. and am going to be picking up SNS Creatine E2 matrix to go along with my kranker and epehdrine. Waiting longer to cut is not an option The cardio has to be upped now as my trainers are preparing me for some June events and I also have a weigh in to make.

Any input is greatly appreciated as you can see i have already changed my strategy in supps and calories from all the great advice i have gotten.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Oh I hear you mixedup with all the conflicting diet information out there on fat loss its really hard to decide what's best for you when you start to cut. Im *still* confused! :D

IMHO, the best bet for you right now is to keep the cals a little above maintenence and really clean, and slowly start upping the weekly cardio. Personally, Ive found HIIT cardio to be a lot more effective than longer moderate intensity sessions. Any cardio is better than nothing though!

BV

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh I hear you mixedup with all the conflicting diet information out there on fat loss its really hard to decide what's best for you when you start to cut. Im *still* confused! :D

IMHO, the best bet for you right now is to keep the cals a little above maintenence and really clean, and slowly start upping the weekly cardio. Personally, Ive found HIIT cardio to be a lot more effective than longer moderate intensity sessions. Any cardio is better than nothing though!

BV
Hi my cardio consists of both actually in the morning work the treadmill and depending on how my knees are feeling I will either do all HIIT or start with a 1/2-1mile at a good pace to get my heartrate up then switch to walking on a steep incline at a moderate pace. 3x a week at night I am doing MMA which includes drills/pads and sparring so that is also a combo of HIIT and moderate but thoses sessions are always 1.5-2hrs long.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 4 first day on the treadmill

Woke up and took 1kranker/1 biotek about 30 min before workout

Started out with a 1min walk then began running ramping up to 7:30 mile eventually finished first mile in 9:25 then started hill walking at the highest incline until 25 min last 10 minutes HIIT. total 35minutes avg heart rate 141.

Good workout I felt a little sluggish at first when I first started I thought I would only run 1/2 mile before switching to incline but this combo had my energy going once i got into it felt like I could of run longer but didn't want to pound my knees too hard. Both have had surgery in the past.

Overall Great Workout. Hopefully it continues. Also a question guys I forgot but I read somewhere that is something I can take for my adrenal glands since i have been running stimulants for awhile? Any help or input as always is greatly appreciated.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 5
lower moderate cardio will not go as hard till my SNS matrix comes in sometime this week trying to preserve as much lbm as possible.

Cardio
30 min 875 incline units Walked at a 15incline on the treadmill between a 3-3.5mi pace Avg heartrate was 118

Overall good energy stack still going good

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
day 6: no cardio this morning as I have kickboxing which is good for about 800calories according to fitday. my weightlifting was about 200.
According to Fitday i burn about 3000-3200 cal a day so I will be making sure to get around 3500cal a day 300 above maintenance. Also I am doing morning cardio at 45% vo2 max for fatburning and muscle sparing. Does anyone think I should go higher in Calories because when I typed in my usual menu for the day I was at like 4000. Didn't know I ate so much glad I found fitday. I have to say 1 cup of chicken is alot less than I thought it would be. I wonder what my diet will look like if I am bulking

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 7 cardio 35min walking on a 15incline treadmill
heart rate avg 124 which is between 40-45% VO2 it took about a week but I think i have found the optimum settings on the tread mill to keep me in the fat burning range.

I can really feel the difference in the stack. Yesterday when I got to work with out taking it I was dead tired till my afternoon work out tday I feel great.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could someone chime in I really feel like i'm eating too much although I know I am in pct

Todays calories should be 4097 and I had a total calories burned 2951 that is almost 1150 above maintenace I know I was told to eat more during PCT and I don't want to lose gains while trying to cut fat but this seems excessive OH btw these numbers are from fitday here is a macro break down

56% carbs 25% protein roughly 1.75 gms per lb 19% fat (too much mayonnaise)

Any input great appreciated. Thanks guys Also do you think I can cut calories once i start my e2 matrix?

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
That is alot of calories, if you have a thousand calories a day not being used, then in theory you should gain 2 pounds per week. With all the exercise you do, I don't think that should be a problem. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm in PCT, end of week 3 now, and I am doing a CKD at maintenance calories, along with megadosed BCAAs around all exercise. I take measurements and BF% every friday, and so far, I have lost less than 1lb LBM in this PCT. I have lost on average 2.5 lbs per week, I realize though, that some is water and glycogen because of the ketosis part. So thats why I take measurements friday, because of my carb up and depletion schedule, friday I am not fully depleted. I respond really well to low carb though.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is alot of calories, if you have a thousand calories a day not being used, then in theory you should gain 2 pounds per week. With all the exercise you do, I don't think that should be a problem. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm in post cycle therapy, end of week 3 now, and I am doing a CKD at maintenance calories, along with megadosed BCAAs around all exercise. I take measurements and BF% every friday, and so far, I have lost less than 1lb LBM in this PCT. I have lost on average 2.5 lbs per week, I realize though, that some is water and glycogen because of the ketosis part. So thats why I take measurements friday, because of my carb up and depletion schedule, friday I am not fully depleted. I respond really well to low carb though.
yeah today is a little excessive because it was a not mma day which is usually good for about 800-1000 more burned calories which would put be only a couple hundred above maintenance. But still above. I'm not trying to cut weight per say just fat which is why i'm doing the type of cardio I do in the mornings.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
day 8
30min Cardio
heart rate avg 126

Thoughts 1st week
I can't stress enough how great fitday is when on a diet it's going to be a lifesaver. Since i am cutting I will only take measurements every 2 weeks since I don't want to be discouraged i know losing fat naturally is a longer process.

Finished the day with 3527 calories in and 3202 burned so only a 325 surplus today which is better diet getting better in check fat grams down cut out mayonnaise and protein itake up . Overall looking good I am happy my SNS E2 matrix arrived and will begin that tomorrow.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 9 I am cutting calories to no more that 300 over maintenance after 1 week and thanks to fitday I feel this should be no problem alot of my extra calories were useless calories mayo, sugar etc. I am into my fourt week of PCT and have kept most of what I gained maybe a 1-2 lb loss but that could be water weight from increased cardio. Today is my first day on matrix which should help me keep my gains.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
day 8
30min Cardio
heart rate avg 126

Thoughts 1st week
I can't stress enough how great fitday is when on a diet it's going to be a lifesaver. Since i am cutting I will only take measurements every 2 weeks since I don't want to be discouraged i know losing fat naturally is a longer process.

Finished the day with 3527 calories in and 3202 burned so only a 325 surplus today which is better diet getting better in check fat grams down cut out mayonnaise and protein itake up . Overall looking good I am happy my SNS E2 matrix arrived and will begin that tomorrow.
Which fitday do you use, the free or standalone. And I always take measurments once a week to readjust calories and to see if I'm losing muscle. Example: Unless you have alot of fat on your chest and arms, those measurements should stay pretty constant. I use this along with body fat % to change my calories every friday.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Which fitday do you use, the free or standalone. And I always take measurments once a week to readjust calories and to see if I'm losing muscle. Example: Unless you have alot of fat on your chest and arms, those measurements should stay pretty constant. I use this along with body fat % to change my calories every friday.

I use the free one. mainly i'm just measuring my waist that is where i am carrying the most fat.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 9 workout

46 minutes cardio 30min weights
3.12 miles 418 calores 846 incline units 133 avg hr

took 4 matrix and tried something different today instead of my usual 1 kranker/1 biotek. I took 2 kranker and no eph. After doing shoulders and cardio I still had energy could of gone longer but had to pick up the kids.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 10 1 kranker/ 1 biotech 4 matrix

51 minutes 1000 incline units 3.51 miles 462 calories 139 hr.

Still had energy to spare. Matrix?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
day 11 1 kranker/1 eph 4 E2 Matrix

Cardio
55min 861 incline 3.53mi 444calories 133hr

Feeling stronger in cardio everyday abs starting to come in nicely. Went to a party yesterday people commented I look skinner. Weight coming down nicely along with BF% haven't checked since I started though just going by mirror but everything should be on track for June weigh ins.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
day 12 2 kranker

Cardio
32 minutes 2.53 miles 303 calories avg hr 133
Well back to work so cardio will be back to between 30-40min in the mornings To compensate I did the 1st mile in 9:13.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh forgot over the 3 day weekend I didn't go over 200cal above maintenance on any day and was in deficiet one of the those days. I can really notice the difference in the mirror today. Ofcourse could be water. but i'm on the last couple days of PCT and I think I will stay close to maintenance as I am liking how I look

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 13 1kranker/1eph

ankles were a little sore today took it a little light didn't want to risk injury and not be able to do cardio. kept my heartrate lower also.

32 minutes 2.16 miles 233 calories 126hr

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 14 1kranker/1eph

40 min 2.53mi 344 cal 126 avg hr 912 vertical units

Did kickboxing for 1:15 minutes last night didn't gas at all. Cardio feels like it's getting alot better. I guess on me the lower abdominal fat will trully be the last to go as weight is coming down I am seeing more defintion in upper abs shoulders etc. But the fat from by belly button to my waist just seems to be sticking. I finished post cycle therapy Yesterday and will now try staying at maintenance for calories. See if that helps for next weeks measurements. I may have to add in some lipoderm

BF% start 12.9-13.1% took it on Monday did an avg and it came to 12.3% it's the machine at the gym not the most accurate but if gives me something to go off.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Everythings sounding good, I finish my PCT in 3 days. I have dropped a few pounds, but chest has grown by .5 inches in the past 4 weeks of PCT, however arms have not changed. I'm still doing a CKD and I am having the same problem with the lower belly fat, its a real pain in the a$$. Well keep up the good work.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everythings sounding good, I finish my post cycle therapy in 3 days. I have dropped a few pounds, but chest has grown by .5 inches in the past 4 weeks of PCT, however arms have not changed. I'm still doing a CKD and I am having the same problem with the lower belly fat, its a real pain in the a$$. Well keep up the good work.

Thanks. Overall after 4 weeks on PCT I have only dropped two lbs from where i started but i have also had the drop in BF% so I am feeling good. I still have 24 days left on the Matrix and it's just starting to kick so looking forward to the next 3 weeks

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Overall after 4 weeks on post cycle therapy I have only dropped two lbs from where i started but i have also had the drop in BF% so I am feeling good. I still have 24 days left on the Matrix and it's just starting to kick so looking forward to the next 3 weeks
Good stuff, this is where a lot of people mess up. Either they eat like **** on cycle and get fat, then try to lose it during post cycle therapy, or they dont do PCT correctly and lose a lot of gains anyways.

I'm glad you were able to keep your gains! You're gonna love your creatine matrix, I've alrady ordered another bottle so I have some when my current bottle runs out.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good stuff, this is where a lot of people mess up. Either they eat like **** on cycle and get fat, then try to lose it during post cycle therapy, or they dont do post cycle therapy correctly and lose a lot of gains anyways.

I'm glad you were able to keep your gains! You're gonna love your creatine matrix, I've alrady ordered another bottle so I have some when my current bottle runs out.

Thanks JBlaze but actually i owe it alot to the people on the board who recommended above maintenance calories and a supplement. I've been reading your log and if my matrix continues like this I may have to order more too. Endurance and Energy are getting better everyday and started to really feel the pumps today when i did arms. took a page from you and supersetted bi's and tri's If Recovery and Strength catch up with the other pluses i will definitely be ordering more. PS how is your vascularity going? When did it start to kick for you?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
day 15 woke up late Friday lol

So did a light cardio this morning treadmill pissed me off when I hit stopped today instead of giving me my work-out review it just stopped so the numbers are best I can remember. I know it's not normal but i just love cardio i have a hard time pulling myself off the treadmill i just get a picture in my head of fat melting off my body lol If not for work i'd probablly go 45-60min each morning. I am trying to stay at below 50% max Vo2 to ensure maximum fat burning to muscle ratio but it's a little hard sometimes I just want to run hard and see the calories count go up.

32min 1.83 mil 254 cal avg hr 124

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
mixedup are you taking pics to track your progress?

BV

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mixedup are you taking pics to track your progress?

BV

MY dig cam is broken right know so I don't have any pics from the start of the cycle. but I do have pics before and during the drol/trn cycle and hopefully I will have some pics soon and at the end of this cutter.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks JBlaze but actually i owe it alot to the people on the board who recommended above maintenance calories and a supplement. I've been reading your log and if my matrix continues like this I may have to order more too. Endurance and Energy are getting better everyday and started to really feel the pumps today when i did arms. took a page from you and supersetted bi's and tri's If Recovery and Strength catch up with the other pluses i will definitely be ordering more. PS how is your vascularity going? When did it start to kick for you?
I noticed increased vascularity around day 8-9, and it has stuck around since. Not as pronounced as when I was on IGF-1, but I did have a female friend yell at me for how "gross" my forearms looked the other day. :twisted:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I noticed increased vascularity around day 8-9, and it has stuck around since. Not as pronounced as when I was on IGF-1, but I did have a female friend yell at me for how "gross" my forearms looked the other day. :twisted:
Thanks I look forward to nextweek then.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 15 nighttime work out

Did a harder cardio session tonight
60min 508cal 1169 vertical 143 hr 3.73 mi

The more I work out the longer i want to go i feel i am almost becoming obsessed in my quest for single digits my lower abs are really bugging me I think I may need to pick up a topical fat burner soon.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lipoderm Ultra has worked great for both me and my g/f.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I took pics today and I have pics from when I first started working out 6months ago. Should I post them here or another area I'm not sure. the before pics are pretty embarssing though lol

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I took pics today and I have pics from when I first started working out 6months ago. Should I post them here or another area I'm not sure. the before pics are pretty embarssing though lol
I started off in the low 120's with a belly! You should probably post the pics in the pics section and add a link to them in this thread.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
day 16-17 took the weekend off from working out to give my joints a rest the harder treadmill sessions have been hard on my knees and ankles. Thank goodness for fitday though I have stayed in a calorie deficit both days even with out working out. I am starting to switch carbs and will try lowering them for the next week to see how that works. I am switching to brown rice and wheat pasta and upping water intake. will keep you guys updated on how it goes. I am not as worried about being in deficit now that it's day 9 on my creatine matrix and i am finished with PCT Hopefully my lower waist will start dropping some

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 18 Cardio

35 minutes 2.33miles 300cal 679vertical units. 128hr which is just about 49% vo2 max I am trying to keep it below 50% ideally 40-45%. It's still kind of hard to keep in mind that the lower hr burns more fat when i want to see alot of calories burned. Overall everthing going good.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
evening work out 45 minutes muay thai pads and sparring
approx 525 calories
total calorie expenditure 3478 calories taken in 3169

approx 300 deficit

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 19 woke up 10 mins earlier so a little more cardio I figure I should go longer if i'm lowering my heart rate to try and keep the total number of calories burned.

Cardio 40min 2.60mi 303 cal 569 vertical units 121hr (better about 42% vo2) Whenever i want to go faster I just tell myself at this pace every calorie is pure fat leaving my body. I find Visualazition works real well for me at least.