Need some suggestions for a workout for a girl

littleJ

Awards
Just as the title says. My chick is hitting the eliptical machine and doing pilates in the morning and she is thinking about doing some weights as well but she doesnt want to get "big and muscley". So yeah please help her and I out. Thanks ya'll
LittleJ

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
She doesn't make testosterone.
She doesn't have the hormonal environment necessary to get "big and muscly".

Tell her not to get all weird about lifting. All my girlfriends have the most retarded mind-sets.
A few of them have been convinced otherwise and have loved the results from lifting.

Start slow - machines and low impact stuff.
Look around the exercise science forum. Plenty of good stuff!

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just as the title says. My chick is hitting the eliptical machine and doing pilates in the morning and she is thinking about doing some weights as well but she doesnt want to get "big and muscley". So yeah please help her and I out. Thanks ya'll
LittleJ
So what does she want?
A good circuit covering most major muscle groups would compliment her cardio and pilates is she wants to firm up overall.
Does she want to target specific areas and let the pilates give her the all round effect?
More info needed and then we can help you.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
She doesn't make testosterone.
She doesn't have the hormonal environment necessary to get "big and muscly".

Tell her not to get all weird about lifting. All my girlfriends have the most retarded mind-sets.
A few of them have been convinced otherwise and have loved the results from lifting.

Start slow - machines and low impact stuff.
Look around the exercise science forum. Plenty of good stuff!
show her mab904. nuff said.

littleJ

Awards
thanks ya'll for your responses
i think i am going to get her to do some circuit trainning. From what i remember about it, it will work out everything and leave you in a lump crying (or maybe thats just me)