Help my Fatloss continue, im stuck

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

Help my Fatloss continue, im stuck

ok, ive been dieting for the past 3-4 months in a low calorie diet. the first couple months i was seeing results so i kept going. And the last 2 months i havnt lost a single pound, ive actually gained a few pounds of fat. ive added supplements. started upping my cardio, changed my workout routine, and lowered calories, and started to cycle my carbs more. my diet is awesome but i cant lose weight and need to like i was the first 2 months on my diet.

also im very use to dieting because ive been overweight my entire life. i would say more than half of the year im in a calorie deficit.

im 6' 195 i started cutting at 2500 cal/ day moved down to 2200 then down to 1800 a day(just for a week), then i stopped losing weight but i continued for another month(at 2500). i gained a few pounds of fat during that time so i did a 3000 calorie boost for a week to get my metabolism back up. now a month after that im still at the same weight, i started back at 2500 cal/day and did even more cardio than before. i weightlift 4 days per week and usually 30minutes of cardio 5x per week with some HIT training on one off day usually.

since im now at 2500 calories per day with some higher days and some lower days to trick metabolism, should i drop calories down more and alternate carbs and such as above. sorry this is a lot of info but im getting frustrated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

before you ask my macronutrient breakdown is 50/30/20 protein carb fat, and on some higher calorie days i do 30/50/20.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Need a sample of your diet and are you counting calories from mayo,dressings,juices,fruits,c reamers(coffee) etc. this will give more info into what the problem may be.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

yes i count calories for every little thing and track it in fitday.

i eat 6 meals per day 2.5 hours apart.

meal one is protein shake with dry oatmeal

meal two is tuna with fatfree mayo
    and a small salad with lowfat italian

meal three is 2 large chicken breast, with
    greenbeans or broccoli.

meal four is postworkout meal, large Mesotech
    shake and glutamine.

meal five is same as three
    or leanpocket ultra with smartones dinner

and meal six is a nighttime protein shake
    or a salad with chicken breast strips.

im just taking Lean Xtreme by Designer Supplements and going to add Venom Hyperdrive by ALRI.
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by arbiterdbol
    yes i count calories for every little thing and track it in fitday.

i eat 6 meals per day 2.5 hours apart.

meal one is protein shake with dry oatmeal

meal two is tuna with fatfree mayo
    and a small salad with lowfat italian

meal three is 2 large chicken breast, with
    greenbeans or broccoli.

meal four is postworkout meal, large Mesotech
    shake and glutamine.

meal five is same as three
    or leanpocket ultra with smartones dinner

and meal six is a nighttime protein shake
    or a salad with chicken breast strips.

im just taking Lean Xtreme by Designer Supplements and going to add Venom Hyperdrive by ALRI.

Can we have a link to your fitday please??
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Not really what I was asking. Need a breakdown and where the calories are coming from.

Dry oatmeal but what kind? instant rolled oats sttel oats? Are your protein powders just protein or are they muscle milk types with added sugars etc? Mixing it with skim milk, whole milk or water? Is your chicken breast boneless and skinless and baked or is it fried with the skin? Are the chicken breast strips from McDonalds? Just some more detailed information.

And honestly it looks like you're taking in too much from protein drinks vs. whole foods.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

all natural protein, i havnt ate fast food in 4 months, all natural chicken breasts, quaker pure oatmeal, lowfat milk,
    breakdown is 50/30/20 protein/carb/fat
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

Well not being a nutritionist or physical trainer I can only give my opinion based off my experiences and how I overcame it.

With the weight you're at and the calories you're eating it's likely you're bypassing the fat and digging straight into your muscle because of the cardio. I was somewhat at your weight and calorie intake and I had to all but stop the cardio because of the deficit of calories was too high.

If you're always dieting and it wasn't a healthy diet(not food intake but over all diet setup) then it's possible you were putting your body into a fat storage mode. Keep track of your daily calorie expendatures and see what you're coming in at. I would be willing to bet you're burning too much too fast.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

so if i stop doing cardio and raise my calories how will that help me lose fat if im not losing any right now. Are u suggesting i take a little break and do a mini bulk of some sort to get metabolism back, and when i start back not to decrease calories as much, and slowly increase cardio so i wont plateau as fast.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

I'm saying you probably need to cut the cardio on the calorie intake you are currently on.

What are the suppliments you're on and have you had blood work checked to see if your thyroid is working right?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

ok, im still curious as to how cutting out cardio will help me lose more fat. have not got bloodwork done.
  12. officially an adult
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.66%

If you are on a calorie deficit and you aren't losing any fat then it's probably because either your metabolism has slown to a halt or your diet sucks. I don't think your diet is too terrible (it could stand to be greatly improved) so your metabolism is probably to blame.

Take a break! For a week: No cardio, eat at or a little above maintenance, eat clean (NO HOTPOCKETS!!!). The next week add in cardio no more than 4 times a week (45 min on off days, 30 after working small muscle groups like arms).

Lastly, give yourself some time. When you initially lower cals wait for a few weeks, even if you aren't loosing weight you could still be loosing fat and gaining muscle so take measurements at the same time once every week to see what is going on.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

Because you can bypass the fat storage hitting other areas for energy. So basically you keep the fat while burning other sources of energy. But you shouldn't be gaining weight. The net effect would be weight loss but not losing the fat...If your diet is what it is I would get a thyroid test or if you're cheap buy T-3 and see if that helps first.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.11%

Yeah that sounds like your body has gone into starvation mode and slowed your metabolism to compensate.

Are you schedualling in cheat meals?
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

i try to do cheat meals, but normally am very good at sticking to my diet and not messing up. Also, My hotpockets pretty nutritious. the new lean ultras have 5g of fat, 19g of carbs with 8 of them being fiber, and 24 g of protein. Ill just take a week or 2 off and start it back up going slower into it this time.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.27%

Quote Originally Posted by arbiterdbol
    ok, ive been dieting for the past 3-4 months in a low calorie diet. the first couple months i was seeing results so i kept going. And the last 2 months i havnt lost a single pound, ive actually gained a few pounds of fat. ive added supplements. started upping my cardio, changed my workout routine, and lowered calories, and started to cycle my carbs more. my diet is awesome but i cant lose weight and need to like i was the first 2 months on my diet.

also im very use to dieting because ive been overweight my entire life. i would say more than half of the year im in a calorie deficit.

im 6' 195 i started cutting at 2500 cal/ day moved down to 2200 then down to 1800 a day(just for a week), then i stopped losing weight but i continued for another month(at 2500). i gained a few pounds of fat during that time so i did a 3000 calorie boost for a week to get my metabolism back up. now a month after that im still at the same weight, i started back at 2500 cal/day and did even more cardio than before. i weightlift 4 days per week and usually 30minutes of cardio 5x per week with some HIT training on one off day usually.

since im now at 2500 calories per day with some higher days and some lower days to trick metabolism, should i drop calories down more and alternate carbs and such as above. sorry this is a lot of info but im getting frustrated.
    There is some research that supports the idea that phosphate compounds, such as calcium phosphate and sodium phosphate, tend to raise resting metabolism in individuals on lower calorie diets. I'm sure there are plenty of products that contain phosphate compounds, but the one I'm most familiar with is Prolab's Metabolic Thyrolean, which I've used with some success after I reached a plateau during restricted calorie phases. You might want to research this for yourself, but I would suggest you consider using a phosphate-containing supplement strategically for the duration of your program.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help!!!...im stuck in a rep rut!
    By penn21 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 10:07 PM
  2. Help!!!...im stuck in a rep rut!
    By penn21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
  3. Will Coconut oil help my fatloss while on CKD?
    By Leggo my Ego in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 12:26 AM
  4. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 03:52 PM
  5. critique my fatloss stack, please
    By entic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 07:31 PM