Have a look at this fat loss plan - AnabolicMinds.com

Have a look at this fat loss plan

1. New Member

Have a look at this fat loss plan

So I am going to try and cut some fat down starting next week. I'm currently 5'10", 188lbs at 13.5% BF (used calipers for measurement). I want to try and get down to 10% within the next two months. My diet has been clean at 40/40/20 for the past 4 months or so. I am tracking my cals on fitday and currently have them at maintenance which i figure is around 3000. For the first week, I want to cut down to 2800 calories and then each week cut down 200 calories until I am at 2400 calories. I would get sick of eating the same things day in day out so I can't post a meal plan to stick to every day but there are some things that are always the same

AM Shake is 1.5 scoops ON Whey, 1 Cup Oats, 1 Cup Skim Milk.

Bed Time Snack is always .5 cup of 1% Cottage Cheese.

Post Work out is always 1.5 Scoops Whey with 1 cup milk and a Whole Wheat Bagel Mini. A meal is followed up about 1 hour later.

All My meals usually consist of the following foods: Chicken, Tuna, Oats, 100% Whole wheat breads, NF Cheese, Whole Wheat Pastas, Brown Rice, Vegetables (Broccolli, peppers, onions, etc), Ground Turkey Lean, egg whites. I'll add seasonings here and there but the calories are usually neglegable.

I powerlift so I'll be doing some westside stuff coming up. I plan on adding 200-300 calories on workout days to my overall intake. I'll add in some cardio like 2-3 times a week but I play hockey so that usually takes care of a lot of that.

Just wanted to see what others thoughts were to this plan. I really don't want to lose any strength or muscle at all. I have never really tried to get down to 10% before so not sure if something like this will work. I also have an EC stack I could add if everyone thinks it will help me maintain my muscle while cutting this fat. I read a lot of information that EC is beneficial in doing this.

Oh, one more thing, I plan on taking off from lifting next week when I start this plan, So I won't be in the gym for the first week. I can't see this affecting anything but others might know better. My body needs this one week rest as I been going hard for the past 8 weeks.

2. Board Supporter

Your plan looks good to me. I wouldn't break out the ECA until you plateau, and that will happen especially since you've never been to 10%. You'll have to tinker with your cals to make sure your still dropping fat and not LBM, but with your plan, I think you'll be fine. Maybe consider some low intensity cardio in the morning on an empty stomach or post lifting for 20-30 mins at 60% MHR. Good luck..
  3. New Member

Maybe consider some low intensity cardio in the morning on an empty stomach or post lifting for 20-30 mins at 60% MHR. Good luck..
    Is is 'vital' that someone gets a protein intake between finishing Weights and doing steady cardio? I've read I should but don't really know why.

Thanks
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

i do exactly as scott describes, works well for me.
  5. New Member

Cardio after weights is not a real option because I'm on limited time (I go at work during lunch) So I'll probably throw in some cardio in the morning, thanks for the input.
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by top_cat
    Is is 'vital' that someone gets a protein intake between finishing Weights and doing steady cardio? I've read I should but don't really know why.

Thanks
    I don't believe so as long as its not hours after you lift. For instance, lift, then take care of your low intensity cardio right away. I'm never in the gym for longer than 90 minutes, then I'm home consuming my shake. You do have a window from the time you finish lifting to when you consume your shake. I can't remember off the top of my head what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's around an hour or two.
  7. New Member

Thanks for your reply Scott, I appreciate your help
  8. New Member

Just an update, been following this out and all has been going pretty well. Down from 188 to 182 and about 12.5 BF%. Strength was down a little but seems to be back as of today. I blame it on the holiday weekends and I also was a little sick. Also stepped up eating just a tad. Seems all is going as planned.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
  4. Could you guys have a look at this stack?
    By n4rcissistic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 11:22 PM
  5. Look at this women, tell me what you think?
    By pjorstad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 08:13 PM