1 Tablespoon of Natty

1 cup of parboiled rice (brown)

2.5 cups of chicken breast (no skin)

1 extra large whole wheat bagel

1 cup of yam

2 egg yolks

2 cups of baby spinach

4TBS of lowfat ceasar dressing

This all comes out to the macro breakdown, could anyone tell me where certain foods would be more beneficial. The caloric intake may seem low, but im an endo and anything higher doesnt help.

I was thinking half of the bagel with a 2 scoop protein drink immediately after training.

and 3/4 cup of cottage cheese before bed....

thanks for the help.

Markio

Markio

Awards
if your main goals are fat loss I wouldn't be too concerned with carbs after work out, just stick with whey. Carbs are good pwo if you need to replenish stores quickly for exercise next day ) i.e you are an athlete).

I'd chuck out the bagel and also replace some of the scoops of ATW with some chicken or tuna etc. This will give your metabolism a boost that you wont get with liquid foods and also add a thermic effect.

In General: Complex carbs up until 3-4pm, fibrous carbs after this time, protein with every meal. A lot of people seem to like fats in the evening, I havn't got an opinion on this yet as I haven't given it a run.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if your main goals are fat loss I wouldn't be too concerned with carbs after work out, just stick with whey. Carbs are good pwo if you need to replenish stores quickly for exercise next day ) i.e you are an athlete).

I'd chuck out the bagel and also replace some of the scoops of ATW with some chicken or tuna etc. This will give your metabolism a boost that you wont get with liquid foods and also add a thermic effect.

In General: Complex carbs up until 3-4pm, fibrous carbs after this time, protein with every meal. A lot of people seem to like fats in the evening, I havn't got an opinion on this yet as I haven't given it a run.
I agree with most of what he said, except the carbs PWO..Cutting or bulking, you still need carbs PWO, but that is JMO..How much were you looking to cut and in what time frame?

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
i would like to cut eventually to 240, preferably before september. Its a drastic change, but i am working with 23% bf.

During my diet im doing 3days of HIIT

and 3days of fullbody training.

They will be every other day with my rest day being sunday.

also i cut out a scoop of whey and added a 6.5 oz can of tuna, similar macros

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I am not a fan of whey at all..I only use it for PWO and emergencies..Whole food, IMO, gives you a far more balanced nutritional feed then does whey

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I would also add more calories becasue you are a pretty big boy. I would start around 2800-3100 per day and see where that takes you, plus you wil be able to slowly drop cals rather than hit a big wall.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
i had tried the a similar diet at 40/40/20 and this diet at 3000kcals and im such an endo it doesnt work.

When i eat clean, and train hard i can easily increase my biceps by 1/2 an inch. My body is a machine

When i eat like sh!t and dont train hard i can easily add 15lbs or more fat in a month.

Im a medical oddity.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
My advice is to be sure you drink plenty of water before, during and after meals. This will give you an "I'm full" feeling in your stomach, but is lacking on the satisfaction part.

Personally if I try to eat a lot of steamed broccolli w/ my evening meals. Helps to keep me from eating all night.

Good luck.