What my diet looks like these days

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Having experimented quite a bit with my diet I've honed it to a razors edge. I'm really happy with it now and not really looking to change anything but I thought I'd put it out there as an example for other people to learn from...

Breakfast:
2 whole omega-3 eggs
4 egg whites
3 pieces of ezekiel cinnamon bread
Made into french toast and eggs
Topped with homemade sugar free strawberry jam.

Second breakfast :lol:
2 whole omega-3 eggs
2 egg whites
2 pieces ezekeil bread
4 slices kraft fat free cheese
Made into 2 open face egg sandwiches, topped with homemade atomic habanero salsa :twisted:

Lunch:
1 can denisons 99% fat free beef or turkey chili
1/2 can tuna
Mixed together with a healthy dash of pepper and tabasco and you don't even taste the tuna...

Workout Shake:
2 scoops whey protein
1 cup milk
1 cup water
5 grams creatine

Afternoon snack:
2 cups homemade hamburger stew (low fat, made with de-fatted hamburger, lots of veggies and black beans)

evening meal:
large chicken breast (or two small ones), 1 cub brown basmati rice (or sometimes I make a sandwich with ezekiel bread)

Before bed snack:
2 cups cottage cheese
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
blended with vanilla extract, lemon juice and splenda to make a cheesecake like dessert.

I'd say I'm getting about 3400 calories on workout days and 3000 on off days.

Each meal is ~500 calories except for the before bed snack, and contains between 45-55g of protein, 45-55g of carbs and <10g of fat. I chase every meal with 500mg vitamin C, 2 capsules of ultra concentrated fish oil and a high potency green tea cap.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot for this post Ex.

When do you take your shake - pre-WO?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
how much cardio you doing nowadays? good looking diet, similar macros except mine is much more bland and boring, lol. and what are you cutting out on non-training days?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
how much cardio you doing nowadays? good looking diet, similar macros except mine is much more bland and boring, lol. and what are you cutting out on non-training days?
I wasn't doing any cardio for a while. It's currently a varible in flux... I'm probably going to settle on ~30 minutes at 130 post workout and 60 minutes at 130 on off days.

The only change in the diet on off days is the exclusion of the workout shake.

Edit: I should note that my mentality with cardio at this point is that I will add as much as is needed to keep a slow, consistent 1-1.5lb a weight loss going.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't doing any cardio for a while. It's currently a varible in flux... I'm probably going to settle on ~30 minutes at 130 post workout and 60 minutes at 130 on off days.

The only change in the diet on off days is the exclusion of the workout shake.
cool deal, keep me posted on how it goes.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I noticed there isnt too many veggies or fruit in there, any paticular reason why? I try to get a little fruit in with each of my meals, but i dont eat enough veggies. THe reason I ask is because I posted my diet a while back (while I was in lax season, so cals were pretty high) and everyone told me to eat more veggies. Whats your opinion?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I noticed there isnt too many veggies or fruit in there, any paticular reason why? I try to get a little fruit in with each of my meals, but i dont eat enough veggies. THe reason I ask is because I posted my diet a while back (while I was in lax season, so cals were pretty high) and everyone told me to eat more veggies. Whats your opinion?
I am a big fan of veggies. That having been said, they are time consuming to prepare in a tasty way...

I am a busy student and right now I just don't have the time to make tasty dishes with veggies in them. Every meal in my diet can be prepared and eaten from ingredients within 10 minutes or so (rice excepted, I usually cook rice for a couple of days at a time). On top of that, everything in my diet tastes AWESOME (at least to me) and is very affordable (ezekiel bread and eggs are both supacheapTM).

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Nice looking diet. A hell of a lot more exciting than mine.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
yeah i hear ya, thats why i try to get fruit in there, but i too am a student and know how hard it is to cook food sometimes, cant wait when the summer comes and things calm down a bit, at least until summer classes start. So how come no fruit then?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
yeah i hear ya, thats why i try to get fruit in there, but i too am a student and know how hard it is to cook food sometimes, cant wait when the summer comes and things calm down a bit, at least until summer classes start. So how come no fruit then?
Not really a huge fruit fan. Oranges, blueberries and strawberries are an exception, but they're expensive and I don't think they would add much to my diet. If I start making pancakes in leiu of french toast I'll probably make them blueberry pancakes, but french toast is so much easier so I don't forsee a switch in the near future.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good, ex. What are you weighing these days? I'm a little over 200 and eating the same.

Let us know how this works for you.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Around 248 and slowly dropping, just like I like it :) I've been recomping like a mofo - After ~8 weeks I'm now at -7lbs from the start of calorie reduction, 2" off the waist, and my lifts continue to go up.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
So have you said goodbye to the "manly 39 inch waist :D