TTA (Tetradecylthioacetic acid)

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Just thought that I would give some insight and welcome new information anyone has on this fatty acid. It is found in products such as

ALRI Venom Special Tactics

Controlled Labs Red Acid

DS Melting Point

Scivation Lipid FX

Here is a study regarding TTA

Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Bergen, Haukeland Hospital, N-5021 Bergen, Norway.

Tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA) is a non-beta-oxidizable fatty acid analog, which potently regulates lipid homeostasis. Here we evaluate the ability of TTA to prevent diet-induced and genetically determined adiposity and insulin resistance. In Wistar rats fed a high fat diet, TTA administration completely prevented diet-induced insulin resistance and adiposity. In genetically obese Zucker (fa/fa) rats TTA treatment reduced the epididymal adipose tissue mass and improved insulin sensitivity. All three rodent peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) subtypes were activated by TTA in the ranking order PPARalpha > PPARdelta > PPARgamma. Expression of PPARgamma target genes in adipose tissue was unaffected by TTA treatment, whereas the hepatic expression of PPARalpha-responsive genes encoding enzymes involved in fatty acid uptake, transport, and oxidation was induced. This was accompanied by increased hepatic mitochondrial beta-oxidation and a decreased fatty acid/ketone body ratio in plasma. These findings indicate that PPARalpha-dependent mechanisms play a pivotal role, but additionally, the involvement of PPARalpha-independent pathways is conceivable. Taken together, our results suggest that a TTA-induced increase in hepatic fatty acid oxidation and ketogenesis drains fatty acids from blood and extrahepatic tissues and that this contributes significantly to the beneficial effects of TTA on fat mass accumulation and peripheral insulin sensitivity.

PMID: 11971945 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Anyone here use the products I listed or any other product with TTA and have good results? I just started to take Venom Special Tactics after I heard of TTA. I also heard that TTA can increase T3 production. I would assume that thyroid function has alot to do with PPAR anyways.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
huh, you just made me notice it.. thanks.. sometimes I live under a rock in regards to these matters.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
lol

Yeah, not something everyone is really aware of(Not anabolics of course but, TTA)

I just wanted to discuss it here because I have heard of lots of people dropping weight quick using products with TTA.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I used LipidFx for a month and lost 5 lbs in fat without any cardio or diet change, and gained a pound of muscle :D good stuff!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Melting Point is a must have for cutting IMO. It cuts through fat like a hot chainsaw through warm nonfat cream cheese.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
TTA has been very good to me. It seems to burn fat without touching muscle! I have some tightness in my abs, but I can't decide if this is a "bad" side or a good side>

top_cat

Awards
Whats the cheapest of the TTA based products? Melting Point seems to be pretty expensive

Edit:
A supplement store said this:
ALRI Venom Special Tactics - 120 Capsules - Servings Per Container: 30 (4 caps per day)
Controlled Labs Red Acid - 180 Capsules - Servings Per Container: 30 (6 caps per day)
Designer Supplements Melting Point - 180 Capsules - Servings Per Container: 45 (4 caps a day??)
Scivation LipidFX - 120 Veg Capsules - Servings Per Container: 30 (4 caps a day)

'IF' this information is correct then Melting Point the best value for money

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats the cheapest of the TTA based products? Melting Point seems to be pretty expensive

Edit:
ALRI Venom Special Tactics - 120 Capsules - Servings Per Container: 30 (4 caps per day)
Controlled Labs Red Acid - 180 Capsules - Servings Per Container: 30 (6 caps per day)
Designer Supplements Melting Point - 180 Capsules - Servings Per Container: 45 (4 caps a day??)
Scivation LipidFX - 120 Veg Capsules - Servings Per Container: 30 (4 caps a day)

The cheapest route would be to buy bulk TTA powder. Of the capped products, I think that LipidFx would be the cheapest.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The cheapest route would be to buy bulk TTA powder. Of the capped products, I think that LipidFx would be the cheapest.
Omega's new TTA based fat burner is inexpensive and effective. Don't know the price on the finals though. The beta was super cheap.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Omega's new TTA based fat burner is inexpensive and effective. Don't know the price on the finals though. The beta was super cheap.
He is from the UK and I don't think that custom ships internationally.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established

Edit:

I think Lipid FX is the best deal. Melting point only has 500mg per serving. Lipix FX has 1000mg and they also include OEA in it as well...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Omega's fat burner is pretty good. Custom also offers bulk TTA for very cheap.

I like this stuff. On my first run I dropped about 8 pounds on a maintenance diet and minimal cardio. This current run, I am a few hundred cals below maintence, doing more cardio..but not yet seeing anything. I may have started this latest cycle too soon as it seems resistence to TTA's effects happens after about 3 weeks. Supposedly, the metabolites of it can stay in your system for several weeks. I think my beta receptors need a break.

In either case..it's good stuff. It can have some sides if you are not careful. It will upset your electrolyte balance so you'll need addition magnesium and potassium. Even with this, water retention will occur and cramping might be a problem..especially if you train heavy while on it. The DOMS can be pretty fierce.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Lipid FX is the best deal. Melting point only has 500mg per serving. Lipix FX has 1000mg and they also include OEA in it as well...
DS has never said how much TTA they have. HOWEVER they have explicitly stated that a daily dose of MP has over 1 gram of TTA. MP comes with 180 caps per bottle and a daily dose is 6 caps. LipidFX has 120 caps per bottle, a daily dose is 4 caps.

Omega's single SERVING is 3 caps. 3 caps of Omega's has 800mg of TTA. A standard daily dose is set at 6 caps (180 caps per bottle, thus each bottle = 30 days; the standard). That's 1.6g of TTA per day with Omega's, 1g of TTA with LipidFX. No one knows how much with MP, but we know it's greater than 1g.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
DS has never said how much TTA they have. HOWEVER they have explicitly stated that a daily dose of MP has over 1 gram of TTA. MP comes with 180 caps per bottle and a daily dose is 6 caps. LipidFX has 120 caps per bottle, a daily dose is 4 caps.

Omega's single SERVING is 3 caps. 3 caps of Omega's has 800mg of TTA. A standard daily dose is set at 6 caps (180 caps per bottle, thus each bottle = 30 days; the standard). That's 1.6g of TTA per day with Omega's, 1g of TTA with LipidFX. No one knows how much with MP, but we know it's greater than 1g.
Melting point must have a more concentrated amout of TTA because I think the label says 500mg per serving. I wouldn't be suprised - All of their products are really good and concentrated.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Melting point must have a more concentrated amout of TTA because I think the label says 500mg per serving. I wouldn't be suprised - All of their products are really good and concentrated.
It says 500mg of LIPACE per CAPSULE.

Lipace is a proprietary blend whose primary active is TTA. How much of it is TTA we don't know.

6 capsules of MP = 1 day's worth = 3000mg of Lipace.

Remember, don't compare serving to serving, because each brand sets their serving sizes different. Evaluate based on how much per day with the assumption that each bottle is 30 days worth.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Hey null,

I know in your contest prep thread you said that you used Melting Point. Did you take it in the same days as EC? Did you have any sides to it at all?

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any info on stacking something like LipidFx w/ ECY?

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats what I want to know. How do you stack TTA with EC? That would be one H*ll of a fat burning stack!
My initial impression is that it'd be fine because they'd work via different pathways, but I haven't done my research so that's just a shot in the dark...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm on Customs' Beta right now for the second time. results are definitely slower the second time around..receptors are probably pretty downregulated.

I may add yohimbine and/or EC to this tomorrow for some extra zing and to burn off the horrific cheat weekend.

Know how hard it is to eat clean and cut when your wife is pregnant and craving all the bad stuff? lol

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I ran TTA(melting point) with an EC stack and had great fat burning results. The combo muscle cramping from the ephedrine and the TTA was a little distracting at times and caused some muscle tension headaches. I didn't test baseline but I have a much leaner look after a 4 week cycle combined with post cycle therapy. I seemed to only lose fat dosed @ MP 6 caps ed and EC @ a 25/200 ratio pre work out(am). I used green tea extract during the day....It is a cutter that I will repeat in the fall after a spring/summer Thyro run.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@StarScream66