I need a new start...

Spiral_

Awards
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a little while here and finally decided to post. I've been on different boards, trying to drop my fat for around 3 years now....slow process of course. I dropped 70ish so far all in all from ketoing, working out...starvation, slave labor work. Really at this point I know what it is, I don't eat ****. I'm amazed i've grown as much as I have, I'd say i'm close to being a pure endo. I just got done making out a days menu that adds up to roughly 3000 calories and I'm really shocked at how little I eat most days...and how high on the binge junk food days. I figure if I start at 3000....I can stay there for...3 weeks or so then slowly drop....100 calories every few days until i drop to...2400..then cycle back up. I pretty much want to calorie cycle until....september/october and see what happens. Just going to take it slow...get used to eating ultra clean and go from there.

This is what I came up with

1 cup Oatmeal 145 cals
1tbl nat peanut butter 95 cals
1 cup egg whites 81 cals
1 cup ground turkey 296 cals
2 slice multigrain bread 160 cals
1 can tuna 194 cals
1.5 cup sweet potato 381 cals
2 cup brown rice 437 cals
1 cup black beans 554 cals
2 whole wheat tortillas 204 cals
1/4 cup almonds 204 cals
1 cup cottage cheese, lowfat 163 cals
1 cup broccoli 44 cals
2 scoops whey post workout. 200 cals

Total 3170 Cals

It seems like a bit much but thats what Fitday gave me.

My measurements....i'm between 5'7-5'8. I'm up to 191 now.

15.7in arms

benching 275 max
squatting 345

I have an ok amount of muscle but I'm sure once i get to around 14%bf it won't seem all that impressive. I'll have pics on saturday to post. I also just got done running a 2.5 SD run(yeah, I know....get diet ready first) and my lifts shot up. I figure if I stick around this 3000 mark during my PCT i'll either gain more or at least keep the gains I did make. After lifting for a few years...I did feel I made more than decent gains and I felt like experimenting, researched for a few months and went for it. Really I'm just trying to gain more muscle to speed up my metabolism as I consider myself a straight endo. At this point I'm just looking for more advice and to get kicked in the right position, and if I disappear clown me and make me post my new results.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I can't survive without skim milk :) I would look around for some other food sources so you have some variety and also, double check fitday vs. what you have. i had to go in and custom a lot of my foods because the nutrients/calories were off by a lot on some foods.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you realise it, but you have a ton of calories coming from carbs.
If you want to see results faster, just switching some of these items for others high in protein should help a lot.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you realise it, but you have a ton of calories coming from carbs.
If you want to see results faster, just switching some of these items for others high in protein should help a lot.
off topic, are you from england karategirl?

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes, originally.
Now live in the US, but a Brit at heart.

rocketscientist

Awards
Yeah, KG is right on - watch the carbs. They're not bad but they can totally screw you up. If you feel you have to eat more then do that as just said with some high protein/low fat food (you can make almost dessert quality stuff with some yoghurt, protein powder and/or cottage cheese). Also if you feel you have to eat high volumes of food, just add salads (with lots of lettuce) - you can eat them almost limitless (watch the dressing though). And drink a lot of water, that will fill you stomach as well and make you feel full w/o eating all that much.

Over the time though you will have to cut back on your food volume to make your stomach shrink or try eating small amounts 10 times a day instead of 6 times a day (or whatever your eating pattern is). BTW - many, including myself, have the opposite problem when bulking, when we just can't make enough space to stuff all that food inside... Side effect is a bigger gut even though bodyfat doesn't really change all that much.

BTW, did I read that correctly - you lost 70lbs? Congrats to that!

Spiral_

Awards
Yeah the funny thing is i'm not big on eating..t.hats why it's been hard for me to lose weight. I can go the day not thinking about it and end up eating 2x. yeah i'd probably break that up into 10 meals or so....thats A LOT of food for me. Something tells me the fitday cals are off so I would have to watch the labels and measure everything as well.

Spiral_

Awards
I should also add the 3000cal is just during PCT then i'll slowly chip down. Really I'm wondering if over time I can kick my metabolism into ultra gear. Funny thing it just dawned on me today..after my SD run i'm at 193 and all of my pants are still fitting the same. So that can only be a good thing. 33s are still fine, just have to get rid of this gut and the man boobs.

rocketscientist

Awards
Yeah the funny thing is i'm not big on eating..t.hats why it's been hard for me to lose weight. I can go the day not thinking about it and end up eating 2x. yeah i'd probably break that up into 10 meals or so....thats A LOT of food for me. Something tells me the fitday cals are off so I would have to watch the labels and measure everything as well.
Sorry - now I'm confused. Why is breaking this up into 10 meals more food than eating the same amount in two meals? The cals you posted are pretty much dead on. For some people eating that amount of food is nothing. For others that is a lot of food.

Just to go back to the beginning - you planning on losing weight on a 3000 kcal diet (ramping cals down over time) while weighing 190 lbs? And you think the list of foods you listed above is too small to amount for 3100 kcal?

The best to bump up your metabolism IMO would be HIIT.

Spiral_

Awards
Breaking it up into 10 meals or so because thats a lot of food for me. I won't say 10 meals...it'll be mostly me snacking at my desk all day once every hour shoveling a little more of it down...then working out...going home...eating the rest for dinner...or when i'm back in class, in between those. The 3000 will drop right after my 3 week pct...currently 2.5 weeks left...i'll probably start at 2800..(i'll simply get rid of some ofthe carbs to get rid of that 200 cal initially). I'd also like to have all carbs in by..5ish. In bed by 11. Cardio I'm going to start jogging in the mornings before work. I may do HIIT a few times a week after workouts as well.

rocketscientist

Awards
Breaking it up into 10 meals or so because thats a lot of food for me. I won't say 10 meals...it'll be mostly me snacking at my desk all day once every hour shoveling a little more of it down...then working out...going home...eating the rest for dinner...or when i'm back in class, in between those. The 3000 will drop right after my 3 week post cycle therapy...currently 2.5 weeks left...i'll probably start at 2800..(i'll simply get rid of some ofthe carbs to get rid of that 200 cal initially). I'd also like to have all carbs in by..5ish. In bed by 11. Cardio I'm going to start jogging in the mornings before work. I may do HIIT a few times a week after workouts as well.
Sounds good then. I wouldn't do HIIT after workouts though, rather 'normal' cardio and save HIIT for the days you don't hit the weights or it will mess too much with recovery. But that's just me maybe.

Spiral_

Awards
Sounds good then. I wouldn't do HIIT after workouts though, rather 'normal' cardio and save HIIT for the days you don't hit the weights or it will mess too much with recovery. But that's just me maybe.
Yeah you make a good point. Kind of reworking my plan here. Some of the carbs probably go, the sweet potato and black beans in one day seems kind of foolish and dense as far as calories go. I may start out at 2800 cal since I know my metabolism is just...pitiful I don't think it'll hurt...start at 2800....try to knock out 400 cal from cardio alone. Then 3 weeks in i'll start to chip 100 off a week..i'll be cycling up and down as I needed until...well until I feel I've lost around 8-9% bf. Or until I look "right" in the mirror. I think i mentioned putting pics up on saturday but as of the moment my damned SD card seems to be corrupt...so if I don't get it working I'll have to wait until the following friday when I get paid again to run out and grab another one.

That is all!

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
First congrats on your weightloss.

Realizing how crucial your diet-and timing-is the key to loosing that last bit of fat.

HIIT for 20-30 mins on non-workout days would be a great way to vamp up your metabolism, but be sure to treat it just like you would a lifting session-pre and PWO meals.

Lastly, I'm curious to know what brand of oats you buy that a full cup is about 150 calories. All of the oats I've seen serving size is a 1/2c at 150 calories.

<><