I gave into the cravings....BAD. - AnabolicMinds.com

I gave into the cravings....BAD.

1. New Member

I gave into the cravings....BAD.

Well congratulate me people...I am a failure. I have been trying to lose 15-20 lbs to get really toned and close to ripped and I caved today......I caved BAD.

I came home and while I felt the usual desire to I was in the mood for something sweet. Normally a bite of fruit takes care of that problem but the urge just kept coming.

It was like I had never had food before, or it was my wedding night all over again and food was sex. But as bad luck would have it, the only thing I had sweet was a roll of pillsbury cookie dough that was for my kids b-day party this coming weekend.

And now it is gone. Not some, not even half...ALL OF IT. I ate the entire roll of cookie dough in about 20 minutes and washed it all down with some milk (non fat of course )

I swear I am not going to make it. Funny thing....I want more. I want more cookie dough and if I don't get it.....

help me.

2. Banned

Use the guilt that you feel to prevent this from happening. Small binges are okay, but an entire roll of cookie dough is a bit extreme. I think I would throw up if I ate that much dough!

Just realize that all the obese people gave in and you are better than that.

Take your guilt/anger into the gym with you also.
  3. dsl
    officially an adult

forget about it and move on!!! In the long run you really didn't do too much damage, but you might have set yourself back a week or two.

When I have a sweet tooth I go for diet coke w/ splenda and it seems to work for me, try it!
    •   

4. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    forget about it and move on!!! In the long run you really didn't do too much damage, but you might have set yourself back a week or two.

When I have a sweet tooth I go for diet coke w/ splenda and it seems to work for me, try it!

I don't think you set yourself back two weeks, rykertest. I say that because I know you will try extra hard now. Just make sure you aren't cutting calories too fast. I had a problem with that before. If you cut too fast you will have more severe cravings.
  5. New Member

Thanks....I love you guys. (not in a prison way of course)
  6. Board Supporter

Call it your cheat meal, appreciate it, think about how the excess calories will boost your metabolism back up and see it as a good thing.
    Cravings are there because we deprive ourselves of something, you had the craving, you gave in, now its done.
    I bet in two weeks you will have another craving, you are only human you know.
    Don't sweat about it, we have all done it, it will not ruin you.
    Just don't do it every day and you will be fine.
    KG
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by karategirl
    Call it your cheat meal, appreciate it, think about how the excess calories will boost your metabolism back up and see it as a good thing.
    Cravings are there because we deprive ourselves of something, you had the craving, you gave in, now its done.
    I bet in two weeks you will have another craving, you are only human you know.
    Don't sweat about it, we have all done it, it will not ruin you.
    Just don't do it every day and you will be fine.
    KG
    Yeah that's the way I see it; you just threw your body for a loop--consider it a preventative measure to keep your metabolism in check. Now you can resume eating clean and you'll probably notice even faster results.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I've noticed that in the last couple of months of cutting/dieting that when I gave into a craving it seemed to pick my weight loss back up following that meal. I just made sure to tighten up my diet and workout the next few days to make sure the excess was taken care of.

Consider it a treat and enjoy and move on. Gettin depressed after these types of things can lead to people saying screw it and they continue to eat the same afterwards because they feel as if the one meal killed all of the work.
  9. Board Sponsor

Cheats have their place, as they def increase the metabolism. What I would do for a roll of cookie dough !!!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

A whole roll?

Yeah - I'd puke after all that.
  11. Senior Member

lol... damn fatty support group in here
  12. New Member

I AM NOT A FATTY!!! I am just big boned! :P

Hey bro, if I may ask what are your stats in your avatar pic?
  13. New Member

Yerah I thought I would too and was halfway tempted to make myself but thats not a good road to go down. I have not felt that gross since that night in Tiajuana a few years back.
  14. Board Supporter

I bet if we all posted our craving downfall for this month, your cookie dough would not seem that bad.
    Maybe we should start a "how I cheated today" thread, and I bet you would feel much better.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Yeah - philly cheese, pizza, and Oreo ice cream are my downfall.

Apart from apparently being arrogant...
  16. New Member

OMG, you make me laugh. You ate a whole roll of cookie dough. Its like will ferrell in ELF reading off his agenda "First were going to go ice skating, eat a whole roll of toll house cookie dough as fast as we can..."
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I'm watching another Ferrell movie now - Ron Burgundy.
  18. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by karategirl
    I bet if we all posted our craving downfall for this month, your cookie dough would not seem that bad.
    Maybe we should start a "how I cheated today" thread, and I bet you would feel much better.
    Cheat?! Hah! It's been like two months!~

When I'm eating for size though, watch out... 6+ plates at an all-you-can-eat buffet are not unheard of

Oh, and for my big boned friend, I was in the low 280s for that pic, and I'm 6'1". I'm currently ~250 and a good deal leaner (though unfortunately I've lost some size in the upper body since that pic).
  19. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by dsl

Works for me when I pour it into ice cube trays and freeze it. Then pop a few as your cravings dictate.
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I've noticed that in the last couple of months of cutting/dieting that when I gave into a craving it seemed to pick my weight loss back up following that meal. I just made sure to tighten up my diet and workout the next few days to make sure the excess was taken care of.
    I actually put in a couple of days (2-3) every 2-3 weeks of eating more during a cut (not excessively however). After trial I found that works perfect for me. My muscles get fuller and my energy levels get back up w/o gaining fat and bloat. Otherwise I just hit a wall and cutting back more just seems to target my muscles more than the fat.

I haven't found too much in literature on that being good or not and losing weight is relatively easy for me, but anyway in my opinion eating more now and then is not only 'not bad' but in fact good.
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I actually put in a couple of days (2-3) every 2-3 weeks of eating more during a cut (not excessively however). After trial I found that works perfect for me. My muscles get fuller and my energy levels get back up w/o gaining fat and bloat. Otherwise I just hit a wall and cutting back more just seems to target my muscles more than the fat.

I haven't found too much in literature on that being good or not and losing weight is relatively easy for me, but anyway in my opinion eating more now and then is not only 'not bad' but in fact good.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What gave you the most PURE hypertrophy from experience?
    By pjorstad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:59 PM
  3. 7oxo into the new Tgel?
    By snoopy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. crossing into the world of mass..
    By corteztk1982 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9