My details:

I'm in cutting about 1.5months and i lost 4kgs

I do every week 4 times 30mins aerobics after the non-aerobic practice

1st meal:
1/2 scoop ON whey rocky road
100ml 1% milk
80g oats
1 tab multi vitamin dualtabs/twinlab
1 capsule vasopro ephedrine(25mg)/1 cap caffeine(200mg)

2nd meal:

250g 0.5% soft white cheese
2 slice whole wheat bread
1 teaspoon plain peanut butter(without any additions)
4 caps omega3 fatty acid

3rd meal: (pwo meal)

1 0% danone sugarfree yoghurt
1 1.5% plain yoplait yoghurt

4th meal after workout:

1.5 scoop True-protein CF whey isolate(35g protein)
80g dextrose

5th meal (one hour after the protein shake):

100g boiled chicken breast
200g whole grain rice/whole wheat pasta or 250g burgul
cooked veggies
1 tab dualtabs multivitamin

6th meal same as 2nd meal.

7th meal:

4 caps omega 3 fatty acid

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I would definitely cut some of the carbs back post workout. I know people will talk about replenishing, but 50g will replenish you enough and come that second post workout meal you will be greatly replenished. I would also consider changing that wheat bread. Wheat bread can be trick because a lot of it is unbleached enriched wheat flour and the GI of it is pretty darn high in comparison to some oatmeal or something similar. I would also, if I were cutting, think about cutting back to 6 meals instead of 7. Heck I am bulking and I am taking in 6.

With the morning protein, I would consider using some sort of caseinate/whey mix instead of straight whey. I have never been a fan of whey protein as a meal replacement. And if you are going to eat a 7th meal I would switch to cottage cheese instead of soft white cheese. As for the milk, keep it skim, no need to get the milkfat that accompanies 1%. I know it isn't much but the less saturated fat the better. You could always just take a teaspoon or two of flax instead if you want to get a little fat with your breakfast.

These things all helped me. PS- how does that rocky road ON taste?

machinehead23

Awards
Thanks for the reply, but I want to know somethings:

1. About the whole wheat bread - I checked the GI of the bread and the GI about 60, This GI value is the most GI value of most of the whole wheat product.
2. I tried before milk protein isolate powder and I didn't like it thats why I use whey protein with milk.
3. about the 1% milk - that's what I have in my country - 0% , 1%, 3% and 5% milk.
4. It's matter about the 7 meals? I think the most important is how much calories I eat not how much meals I eat.
5. The ON rocky road is great, It's the best flavor that they have.

Thanks for the reply
Snir

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Drop half of the oatmeal in the one meal and add it elsewhere. Also, I agree with lowering your carbs. Also, you can look into real wheat bread and Natural peanutbutter with omegas fortified in it.

Drop the carbs and up the protein, is my opinion. Add some tuna and lean turkey.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Optional breads

Pepperidge Farm® Bread
Carb Style 7 Grain Bread
Nutrition Facts*

Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 sl
Calories 60
Total Fat 1.5g
Sat. Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 150mg
Total Carb. 8g
Dietary Fiber 3g

Sugars 0g
Protein 5g
% Daily Values**

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 10%
Iron 4%
Niacin 2%
Thiamin 2%
Riboflavin 0%
Folic Acid 2%

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yea thats what I was trying to get at.

And yes 7 meals is sort of a problem. The goal is to drop calories and although you are doing that, you are refeeding your body everytime it needs it. 17% is quite high and if you want that to come down, lower the carbs, up the protein, and drop to 6 meals but thats just my opinion and it is what works for me and many others.

0%=skim, I would go with that but again it's a suggestion.

And as Jayhawk pointed out, switch the bread. 60 on the GI is gettin up there when it is compared to pasta which is around 35.

machinehead23

Awards
Thanks for you all.

I use natural peanut butter (thats why I said without any additions)

I'm from israel so I don't have this kind of bread, but what I buy is organic 100% whole wheat\grain bread, This bread is one of the most tasty bread and it's kinda expensive.

About the carbs, I'll transfer some carbs from the 1st meal to another one. And I'll reduce from the PWO shake, but I don't understand why to raise up the protein? I eat about 160-170g protein, so that's about 2.4g per kg of the body weight, That's not to much?

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
protein has a the highest thermic effect and your body will burn a large percentage of it just to digest it, carbs and fat are easier to break down so the cals actually get stored by the body more easily. Upping the protein will help to speed up your metabolism because the body has to work harder to break it down. Plus, if you are woking out, it couldn't hurt to add more protein:D.

As for the bread make sure the ingredients list either whole wheat flour or stone ground flower. If it says enriched the it is unacceptable.

And as far as a gi of 60, if one adds some solid protein to the meal it will lower the overall gi of the meal to acceptable levels.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
protein has a the highest thermic effect and your body will burn a large percentage of it just to digest it, carbs and fat are easier to break down so the cals actually get stored by the body more easily. Upping the protein will help to speed up your metabolism because the body has to work harder to break it down. Plus, if you are woking out, it couldn't hurt to add more protein:D.

As for the bread make sure the ingredients list either whole wheat flour or stone ground flower. If it says enriched the it is unacceptable.

And as far as a gi of 60, if one adds some solid protein to the meal it will lower the overall gi of the meal to acceptable levels.
Ding ding ding :)

machinehead23

Awards
here is my current diet:

1st:

40g oats
100ml 1% fat milk
1/2 scoop ON whey rocky road

2nd:

1 1.5% plain yogurt
1 0% diet danone yogurt

anaerobic training

(5g BCAA + 30mins aerobic training 4 times a week)

PWO shake:

40g dextrose
1.5 scoop isolate whey

3rd:
100g boiled chicken breast
200g brown rice/wholewheat pasta/250g burgul
veggies
1 cup diet strawberry-banana drink (20cals)
4th:
2 slice whole grain/wholewheat organic bread
4 soft-gels fish oil

5th:
2 slice whole grain/wholewheat organic bread
1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.

6th:
4 soft-gels fish oil.

total: 180g protein 205g carbs fats:27g. calories:1800

(I count the calories of the lacking protein in the carbs).

How is my diet?

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
It's much more important to get your protein from whole foods when dieting as opposed to bulking when you can get by w/ more shakes. With that said, drop the shake from your first meal and add something else--eggs are really cheap (only use the eggwhite).

Also, it seems that you are eating a lot of cheese and unless it's fat free, I just don't see how you are only getting 27g of fat. edit--nevermind I guess you just really love cheese :D.

-What's the macro breakdown on the pre wo meal?

-Don't forget to add a couple hundred cals on leg day!

Overall, I feel that your cals are still a little low, but as long as you aren't losing more than a pound per week then your okay.

machinehead23

Awards
Well the cheese is 0.5% so for every meal (250g cheese) it's only 2.25g fat, it's not much.

Do you think I like cheese? The hell no! :frustrate
I mix the cheese with stevia powder, so that's why I can eat the cheese and I like it :cool:

The pre workout:

Plain 1.5% yogurt:

8.5g protein/8.5g carbs/2.25g fat

0% diet yogurt no sugar (various flavors):

6.5g protein/6.2 carbs/0g fat

so it's 15g protein/15g carbs/2.25g fat.

What did you mean: "Don't forget to add a couple hundred cals on leg day!"?

I didn't understand this, why should I add calories in the leg day?

btw: I reduce some calories because in the last 2 weeks I lost only 1 pound.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I would rearrange your meals and add more carbs around your workout. Less during other meals. This is also a prime time to add in your beloved whey.

As for more cals on leg day...Think of it like this--on a day when you only work your arms you wouldn't use as many calories as when you are busting your ass to work your legs. A more advanced way of dieting is along these lines in which one varies the amout of calories they eat every day depending on what they are working out that day, i.e., with large muscle groups eat more cals.

Remember, and this is very important, just because the scale says you aren't loosing weight doesn't mean you aren't losing fat!!! Be sure to take measurements!!!!! Also, if strength is going up you are still gaining muscle (though this may depend on your exercise program)

machinehead23

Awards
Ok, so I'll add more dextrose to the PWO shake in the leg day.

and it's fine to add 20g carbs to the pre workout meal?

Thanks man :)

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I'll add more dextrose to the PWO shake in the leg day.

and it's fine to add 20g carbs to the pre workout meal?

Thanks man :)

Honestly, there is no reason to add more dextrose to your shake, but bring some gatorade to the gym with you. And have an extra bagel during the day with your meals.

Okay, I was going to refrain from saying so, but you should seriously just drop the sugar alltogether. Have a cup of oats or a whole grain bagel or bread pre and post along with a scoop of whey and you're golden

machinehead23

Awards
Hey!

Well, when you are in negative calorie balance, the GI isn't affect the fat burning, he affect only on your appetite.

I think in this case, I should take the dextrose after practice because I want that all of the protein will be absorbed in the body.

Anyway, that's my opinion. :drunk:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Wouldn't after a workout, the body absorb the easiest fuel for energy? in this case the dextrose over protein?

In case it doesn't show. that was a question and not a statement :p