nightime protein choices

athlete

Awards
i take a cyclo zma sup at night time then i wait an hour and drink a meal replacement shake before i go to sleep. i want to add some more slow releasing protein to my shake, like cottage cheese, but am cautious of too much calcium after my zma-
any suggestions for slow releasing lean protein without or very low amounts of calcium?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
first off....i hate zma products (ha). second, taking the zma an hour before your casein heavy protein shake/meal will give the zinc enough time to absorb in your body. So dont worry too much about taking in "x" amount of calcium to hinder zinc affectiveness (whatever that may be.....ha) Sage

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
**** waiting even an hour, if you take that **** on an empty stomach 20-30 mins is probably good enough. don't worry at all athlete, just get that protein in ya. (also, once your cyclo zma is used up, save your $$ and don't buy that "patented combination" of minerals again)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Cottage and milk is all the slow releasing protein ya need.
Late

athlete

Awards
im with ya on the cottage cheese and milk, i just wanted something low in calcium as to not interfer with the zma

crazypete

Awards
don't worry about interaction, the zinc only needs 30 min to absorb, so take the zma at least 30 min before and you will be fine. like the guys said it all about cottage cheese and milk. i prefer the cottage cheese myself. as for the zma, i think that it is cheap insurance if money isn't that tight. the zinc and magnesium in zma are of a highly absorbable form and most athletes are deficient in both. zinc is required for hormone action among other things. it is part of the zinc finger protein complex that is the protein which facilitates the interaction between testosterone and DNA.

you can get 2 months worth of optimum nutrition zma from www.1fast400.com for $20. the cyclo z-mass from cytodyne is way overpriced as is their z-mass pm. if you can find the optimum zma cheaper please tell me.

cheers, pete

athlete

Awards
you may not like the cyclo zmass by cytodyne, but you can get for the same price as the optimum-
www.prosourceonline.com
they even have a buy two get one free.if you have used both-do you feel the optimum is superior?

bigpump

Awards
i have used both, but can't tell if either are working.